Windows 10: USB WiFi Question

Discus and support USB WiFi Question in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If a computer has a built in WiFi card and with Windows 10, can I still use a USB WiFi. 152411 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bulldog48, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Bulldog48 Win User

USB WiFi Question

If a computer has a built in WiFi card and with Windows 10, can I still use a USB WiFi.

:)

Bulldog48, Mar 17, 2020
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Mar 17, 2020
  4. USB WiFi Question

Wifi isn't working

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern, kindly provide the answers for the following questions:

• Did you receive any error messages when trying to connect to WiFi?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue the same when trying to connect using a different device?

Meanwhile, you can check more advanced steps on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and keep us posted with the
    result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

USB WiFi Question

1. USB WiFi Question - Similar Threads - USB WiFi Question

2. USB Drive Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drive Question: Can anyone give me advice on how do I stop my USB drive to not keep flashing constantly? My 4GB pen drive is not staying stable. I need some help on it. I tried running some command prompts, tried deleting the driver, and restarting the computer, tried plugging and unplugging...
  3. Wifi Safety Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Safety Question: I have my own internet and use it on my main dell xps computer. My building also has wifi as well that ppl in the building can use, its basically shared thoughout the building and most ppl use this as they are here short term. I had my own internet installed a while back....
  4. WiFi 6 Questions

WiFi 6 Questions: Performed a number of upgrades over the past few days... I upgraded the 512GB NVMe SSD in my laptop to a 1TB Seagate Firecuda NVMe SSD, replaced the WiFi 5 adapter in the laptop with a WiFi 6 adapter, and replaced my router with a pair ASUS WiFi "AiMesh" units. Everything...
  5. Wifi 6 questions

Wifi 6 questions: Hoping these questions make sense. After seeing the rising hype for Wifi 6 aka 802.11ax routers, a few questions to ask. Will 802.11ax routers make any difference when used with 802.11ac adapters, or must they be used with 802.11.ax adapters to experience any difference?...
  6. WiFi question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi question: A majority of the time on my Asus top gaming FX504 Laptop running windows 10 home, the task bar section When I check Wi-Fi it shows up my Wi-Fi is secure but there's no connection is what it says, but I have great signal strength Also lately in the network connections under...
  7. WiFi Extender Questions

WiFi Extender Questions: Yesterday I setup a WiFi Extender so that I could use my laptop when I'm outside in my work shed. Today I noticed that a device was connected to my extender. I checked my laptop and it was off. I found out that my desktop is connected to the extender and not directly to the...
  8. usb question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usb question: When trying to use my USB to install windows on another laptop it keeps asking me to browse for drivers is the USB download corrupt Thank you Tim https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-question/189e987c-b4f2-490a-b64f-d73268843439
  9. Wifi Antenna Question

Wifi Antenna Question: I have purchased a new ac router and a new ac pci-e network card (Asus). My setup before this purchase was this, pci-e 802.11n with two antenna connectors. Each connector has a 30 ft Wifi extension cable leading to two simple yagi antennas mounted outside. This has been...
  10. USB 3.1,3.0,2.0 Question?.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB 3.1,3.0,2.0 Question?.: I upgraded my PC last week and it all went very well and everything is working as it should but I have a problem understanding the USB port connections. On the motherboard outlet panel on the back of the PC there are several USB 3.1, 3.0 and 2.0 ports. When I was connecting...