Windows 10: USB will not open XXXXXXX

Discus and support USB will not open XXXXXXX in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; USB drive will not open usb voice recorder help help help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by S TERRELL, Dec 7, 2019.

1. S TERRELL Win User

USB will not open XXXXXXX

USB drive will not open usb voice recorder help help help

:)

S TERRELL, Dec 7, 2019

2. open USB

Hello,

When using a USB flash drive, no additional cables or adapters are required. To answer your query, you may refer to the steps below on how to open a USB flash drive:

• Plug your USB flash drive into an available USB port on your computer.
    • The drive will appear as a removable disk and will bring up a window showing the memory stick is now seen as a drive on your computer.
      You will also get a menu or options to use the device.
    • Select Open folder to view files.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Stephanie Sal, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. USB will not open    XXXXXXX :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 7, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

1. USB will not open XXXXXXX - Similar Threads - USB open XXXXXXX

2. OPEN USB-FDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OPEN USB-FDD: CONNECT TO EXTERNAL USB-FDD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-usb-fdd/27d3ec1d-1223-4817-8b88-9b725fccb359
  3. OPEN USB-FDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OPEN USB-FDD: CONNECT TO EXTERNAL USB-FDD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-usb-fdd/27d3ec1d-1223-4817-8b88-9b725fccb359
  4. PC Displayed as 'minint-xxxxxxx' in My Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Displayed as 'minint-xxxxxxx' in My Network: I recently had to use a USB Flash Drive and use recovery tools to fix my PC. Everything works now, except now my PC shows up as 'minint-xxxxxxx' in my network instead of the actual PC device name. I tried changing the device name through my windows 10 settings but it still...
  5. PC Displayed as 'minint-xxxxxxx' in My Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Displayed as 'minint-xxxxxxx' in My Network: I recently had to use a USB Flash Drive and use recovery tools to fix my PC. Everything works now, except now my PC shows up as 'minint-xxxxxxx' in my network instead of the actual PC device name. I tried changing the device name through my windows 10 settings but it still...
  6. PC Displayed as 'minint-xxxxxxx' in My Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Application Error : The instruction at xxxxxxxxxxx referenced memory at xxxxxxx The memory...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Error : The instruction at xxxxxxxxxxx referenced memory at xxxxxxx The memory...: [ATTACH] I am using numbers of windows systems and I am getting this error when jar (java) application is running on it. This error doesn't comes on regular basis but it comes randomly. Some time it occurs twice a week or sometime it doesn't occur in a week. I have...
  8. USB Not opening

USB Not opening: Hi, I plug in my USB but can't seem to open it. It gives me the following error. Please help.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-opening/fa6ea0e4-027f-4599-89e6-f94d78062528
  9. opening a USB drive

opening a USB drive: I can not open a USB drive. How do I do it? The audible sounds when inserted, but I can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/opening-a-usb-drive/db9ebdbf-d38f-4211-9465-c4ff3b73cf21
  10. Why Is Windows Hosting a Network Called Direct-xxxxxxx

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Is Windows Hosting a Network Called Direct-xxxxxxx: So, recently, my Windows 10 Pro Laptop starts randomly shutting off the WiFi. I go into "Network Adapters" and my computer cut my WiFi to host a network called Direct-iGE5msPN. It often changes names so that's why I put x's in the title. Do I have a virus? If not, what is it...