Windows 10: USB Windows Hello Compatibile camera and docking

Discus and support USB Windows Hello Compatibile camera and docking in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to find cameras that are windows hello compatible that can double as a webcam. There aren't that many Windows Hello compatible camera... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paulsiu, Aug 21, 2020.

1. paulsiu Win User

USB Windows Hello Compatibile camera and docking

I am trying to find cameras that are windows hello compatible that can double as a webcam. There aren't that many Windows Hello compatible camera period. A browse through the web reveal the following:

1. Logitech BRIO 4k - probably the only 4k camera. Steep at $200+ Frankly I don't need the 4K and I have no idea if it even works as a web cab.
    2. Kaysuda / LitBit - a 720p webcam. Cost only $80. The biggest problem is that it has no mic. The comments on Amazon also mentioned driver issues with Windows update 1903 and 1909.
    3. Lenovo F200 - another 720 webcam. Looks like the same camera as the Kaysuda, which means it also has no MIC.
    4. Kinect xbox one - will need an adapter to work ($25), and the used xbox one is around $100. Not sure how well it streams.

What are your experiences?

On another note, I am trying to set up the station as such. I have a laptop which attaches to a USB 3 docking stations with a monitor, eithernet, mouse and camera. Once attached, windows Hello will allow me to login (in theory). Will this work?

Paul

:)

paulsiu, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked

Ugh! I think that's gonna take an app or a complex script of some sort!

I fooled around a bit...

Mine defaults to 'Main camera' (rear camera) when re-docked, I have to switch it manually...

USB Windows Hello Compatibile camera and docking [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 21, 2020
  3. ericnixmd Win User
    Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked

My Dell Precision has a built-in IR camera, which works great when the laptop isn't docked. I have a Logitech Brio 4k camera connected to my docking station.

I cannot get Windows 10 to use the Brio when docked. It always defaults to the built-in IR camera even though the lid is closed.

Does anyone know of a way to set preferences so that the Brio is used when docked and the built-in camera is used when not docked?

ericnixmd, Aug 21, 2020
  4. USB Windows Hello Compatibile camera and docking

Microsoft Display Dock as "USB Hub"

Hello guys

I've a Microsoft Display Dock but no need to use it with my Lumia 950 - BUT: I'm searching for an USB Type C or Thunderbolt 3 Dock anyway. So hey, I could use my Microsoft Display Dock for that!

But when I plug it in, I get the message "Try improving the USB connection / DisplayPort connection might not work. Try using a different cable"

Some Facts in advance:

• Laptop is a Dell Precision 5510 with USB Type C / Thunderbolt 3
    • Windows 10 Enterprise is installed
    • I use the original cables
    • USB Ports of the Display Dock work fine
    • DisplayPort and HDMI do not work (as the error message says)

Any idea how to get it to work? Is it possible to "daisy chain" the dock?

Thanks a lot,

Manuel

Manuel Bauer, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

USB Windows Hello Compatibile camera and docking

1. USB Windows Hello Compatibile camera and docking - Similar Threads - USB Hello Compatibile

2. Not Windows 11 compatibile?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not Windows 11 compatibile?: I have a 4 year old Windows 10 desktop which can't be upgraded to Windows 11 - could someone explain what this system is lacking for the upgrade please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-windows-11-compatibile/046dca4a-9d0f-4112-9528-405ed293c958
  3. Not Windows 11 compatibile?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Windows 11 compatibile?: I have a 4 year old Windows 10 desktop which can't be upgraded to Windows 11 - could someone explain what this system is lacking for the upgrade please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-windows-11-compatibile/046dca4a-9d0f-4112-9528-405ed293c958
  4. Not Windows 11 compatibile?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows hello camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows hello camera: cannot find compatible camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-camera/af04c1eb-0da2-4585-8fdc-605f53e76c07
  6. USB on docking station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB on docking station: I have a Surface 3. The USB ports are not recognised when the Surface is docked and the power supply is turned off, though they work fine when the power supply is on. Can someone tell me how to change this so that they are still recognised when the Surface is docked, but no...
  7. Camera with Hello when docked or not

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera with Hello when docked or not: Am I missing something? Is Hello smart enough to use the laptop's camera when not docked, but then use the USB camera when docked? I've a Surface Laptop 2, Microsoft surface dock, and Logitech C920. I'm trying to use facial recognition but Windows 10 seems to only know how to...
  8. Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked: My Dell Precision has a built-in IR camera, which works great when the laptop isn't docked. I have a Logitech Brio 4k camera connected to my docking station. I cannot get Windows 10 to use the Brio when docked. It always defaults to the built-in IR camera even though the lid...
  9. Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked

in Windows 10 Support
    Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked: My Dell Precision has a built-in IR camera, which works great when the laptop isn't docked. I have a Logitech Brio 4k camera connected to my docking station. I cannot get Windows 10 to use the Brio when docked. It always defaults to the built-in IR camera even though the lid...
  10. the windows compatibillity mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    the windows compatibillity mode?: How do you shut off the windows compatibillity mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-compatibillity-mode/d69b10d9-4cbe-4e32-b6e6-ec94cfd142c6