Windows 10: usb wired gamepad shows as "USB Firmware Updater"

Discus and support usb wired gamepad shows as "USB Firmware Updater" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, So I have a generic pc gamepad and when I connect it to my windows 10, it shows up as "usb firmware updater". I have looked for an answer for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SoraiaLS, Feb 19, 2021.

1. SoraiaLS Win User

usb wired gamepad shows as "USB Firmware Updater"

Hey,

So I have a generic pc gamepad and when I connect it to my windows 10, it shows up as "usb firmware updater". I have looked for an answer for this, but can't find anyone with the same problem. windows doesn't even recognize it as a gamepad. I have tried connecting to other usb ports, but that doesn't change anything. Anyway, I don't know what to do. Can anyone help?

At devices and printers, it shows under Not Specified, not with devices where it should be.

A few infos - I don't know how to translate everything, but it's everything I found:

Device USB\VID_1C1A&PID_0252\5&1b43c3ee&0&9 configured.

Driver name: input.inf
    Guid da Classe: {745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da}
    Date: 06/21/2006
    Driver version: 10.0.18362.175
    Driver provider: Microsoft
    Driver Section: HID_Inst.NT
    Driver Classification: 0xFF3202
    Correspondent Device ID: USB\Class_03
    Drivers sem Classificação:
    Dispositivo Atualizado: false
    Dispositivo Pai: USB\ROOT_HUB30\4&1972340f&0&0

:)

SoraiaLS, Feb 19, 2021

2. wired USB joystick suddenly not recognized

hi

other devices such as usb drives,smartphones and HDDs which when plugged into my usb 2.0 ports work perfectly fine.

Only usb wired gamepads are not recognized when connected to usb 2.0 ports but work perfectly when connected to a usb 3.0 port.

I have tried connecting different gamepads (including an authentic xbox pc controller) in all the usb 2.0 ports but encounter the same problem always.

Also when the joystick is connected in an usb 2.0 port it does not show up in the device manager's list and I do not hear any sound when the usb is plugged in but this is not the case for other usb devices.

I have downloaded appropriate drivers from both the gamepad's website and Lenovo's website but it is of no help.

I have also tried troubleshooting but my problem is not resolved.

I use a Lenovo g50-45 (80E301A6IN) laptop running the latest version of windows 10.

before the latest update, I did not encounter this problem.

please help

regards

vishal

JayashreeSubramanian, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    USB Gamepad not working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you receive an error, ‘USB device has not been recognized’ when you connect the Redgear Smartline Gamepad to your computer. I’ll help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you able to connect any other USB device to the computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Error: “USB Device not recognized"
    except for Method 1 & 2.

Alternatively, you can try connecting any other controller to the computer and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Agni0795 Win User

USB Gamepad not working in Windows 10

Hi

I am using Redgear Smartline Gamepad for more than a year now and it has been working great with my Windows 10 laptop until recently.

One day after plugging in the device, I received a notification that the USB device connected has not been recognized and may have malfunctioned. I tried a few times by connecting and disconnecting the gamepad but in vain.

I reinstalled the driver that came along with the gamepad and after installation I didn't receive that notification and the gamepad's Analog light lit up and it showed up in my list of devices connected. However, I couldn't use the gamepad for any of the
    games I earlier used to play with the same gamepad. I decided to calibrate it.

I went into my list of devices, went into the properties of the gamepad, but while calibrating, it showed that the device is not connected and asked me to retry. I disconnected and connected it again, and this time was able to start the calibration process
    but again the same notification popped up. But after disconnecting and connecting once more, the very fast notification that the USB device has not been recognized showed up once again.

I would appreciate it anyone helps me with this problem, as I can't diagnose whether it's a problem with Windows or the gamepad. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to test it out on another machine but I will immediately update here once I do so.

I am running Windows 10 1903.

Regards

Agni0795, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

1. usb wired gamepad shows as "USB Firmware Updater" - Similar Threads - usb wired gamepad

2. USB Not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Not showing.: I re-making since old one that i crate getting buggier i meant i cant type if i do its mostly says hope dave responds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-showing/2716dc02-081b-4123-a7ae-833423a36318
  3. USB Not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Not showing.: Hello, When i tried my USB pulluged in and it showed me this icon on logo So i tried unstalling driver and changing port before clicking hardware changes. And Its showed me like this before clicking hardware changes. Ignore the name then i clicked hardware and this showed up....
  4. USB Not showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Not showing.: Hello, When i tried my USB pulluged in and it showed me this icon on logo So i tried unstalling driver and changing port before clicking hardware changes. And Its showed me like this before clicking hardware changes. Ignore the name then i clicked hardware and this showed up....
  5. USB Not showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Not showing.: I done some steps like revoming usb driver andre dowloading. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-showing/51ab8b5a-ea25-4e12-b357-9bc52d19acb4
  6. genric controller just shows up as usb firmware updater

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    genric controller just shows up as usb firmware updater: so i have a generic controller ive tried it blue tooth and wired. blue tooth just straight up refuses 2 show on my computer and wired shows up under other devises as "USB firmware updater" now ive been looking around and few people have this issue and no1 can fix it I did...
  7. Can't use USB gamepad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't use USB gamepad: Greetings please I got an Hp laptop core i5 10gen , unfortunately I can't use a USB gamepad on it to play games being the fact I've tried using x360ce no solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-usb-gamepad/1bc9ce3f-7615-499c-91e8-2af5746483a0
  8. USB Gamepad Device Descriptor Failed Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Gamepad Device Descriptor Failed Error: Hi, I'm trying to use a ps3 controller on my pc with windows 10 pro version 2004 (build 19041.804) (specs: Xeon e3-1220 v3,16gb ram, quadrok600, 250gb patriot burst ssd, 500gb western digital hd) but its not recognized by windows and says " unknown USB Device (Device...
  9. USB Gamepad not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Gamepad not working in Windows 10: Hi I am using Redgear Smartline Gamepad for more than a year now and it has been working great with my Windows 10 laptop until recently. One day after plugging in the device, I received a notification that the USB device connected has not been recognized and may have...
  10. usb gamepad re-map on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb gamepad re-map on windows 10: hi, there is there any way I could re-map generic USB gamepad on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-gamepad-re-map-on-windows-10/62e78bed-98ed-4741-b5b1-2a7295470ca9