Windows 10: USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly

Discus and support USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The USB device icon appears on the status bar, and the keyboard disconnects and reconnects, while the devices stays connected meanwhile num lock light... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArunabhaBanerjee, Jun 6, 2023.

1. USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly

The USB device icon appears on the status bar, and the keyboard disconnects and reconnects, while the devices stays connected meanwhile num lock light on, first I thought it to be a device hardware issue, bought a new keyboard, changed the USB port, front, back both uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers and did everything suggested in the thread, none of this worked. Meanwhile, when this is happening if I am typing, multiple keystrokes get registered e.g. nation becomes, natioooon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-keyboard-keeps-on-disconnecting-randomly/a

:)

ArunabhaBanerjee, Jun 6, 2023

2. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

Redirecting

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

Windows help & learning

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 6, 2023
  3. LeoFibo99 Win User
    MIDI Keyboard randomly disconnecting and connecting

Hi,

My MIDI keyboard just randomly keeps disconnecting and connecting in rapid succession. The keyboard is not the problem because it used to work fine. I have been encountering this problem after a few windows updates. I have tried everything, i mean literally everything i could:

> uninstall and install sound and usb drivers

> update the said drivers (windows says the latest drivers are already installed)

> update windows itself

> try a new midi cable (USB B)

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WORKS!!!

This is extremely frustrating and I am one step closer to just give up and go back to linux.

Windows version: 21H2

keyboard: Casio ctk-3500

LeoFibo99, Jun 6, 2023
  4. USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly

USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 6, 2023
Thema:

USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly

1. USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly - Similar Threads - USB wired keyboard

2. USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly: The USB device icon appears on the status bar, and the keyboard disconnects and reconnects, while the devices stays connected meanwhile num lock light on, first I thought it to be a device hardware issue, bought a new keyboard, changed the USB port, front, back both...
  3. USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly: The USB device icon appears on the status bar, and the keyboard disconnects and reconnects, while the devices stays connected meanwhile num lock light on, first I thought it to be a device hardware issue, bought a new keyboard, changed the USB port, front, back both...
  4. My computer disconnects my wired USB keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer disconnects my wired USB keyboard and mouse: I leave on a family vacation for a week and when I get back, My computer decides that functionality is for those who don't have lives and start disconnecting my USB keyboard and mouse and reconnecting like nothing happened. This gets in the way all the time when I'm gaming....
  5. My computer disconnects my wired USB keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer disconnects my wired USB keyboard and mouse: I leave on a family vacation for a week and when I get back, My computer decides that functionality is for those who don't have lives and start disconnecting my USB keyboard and mouse and reconnecting like nothing happened. This gets in the way all the time when I'm gaming....
  6. My computer disconnects my wired USB keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Mouse and keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly: My mouse and keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly and its getting really annoying now. I know its not a problem with my mouse or keyboard because they work perfectly fine with other devices. I tried searching for this problem everywhere and they've been telling me to...
  8. Wired keyboard and mouse keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wired keyboard and mouse keeps disconnecting: My mouse disconnect and reconnect randomly but when my keyboard is disconnect, i need unplug and plug it several times before it start work. Any solutions you know? submitted by /u/KontOlaf [link] [comments]...
  9. USB Wifi keeps randomly disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Wifi keeps randomly disconnecting: So I have Windows 10 Pro desktop, MSI M/B, Nvidia GPU I have had 2 different brand (different brands even) USB 3.0 Wifi adapters and they both have exhibited the same behavior. Intermittently independent of load or any other variable I can think to test they will just...
  10. Wired Ethernet randomly disconnects occasionally

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired Ethernet randomly disconnects occasionally: Hello, I've been having trouble with my Ethernet connection to my computer. Recently, after installing updates for Windows 10 my computer has randomly disconnected my Ethernet connection to it. I've made sure the modem works fine, and I've also done various steps to try to...