Windows 10: USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Discus and support USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oneandthree, Sep 8, 2019.

1. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

• I am using Windows 10
    • The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    • I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

:)

oneandthree, Sep 8, 2019

2. USB wifi adapter enabled but not connecting?

I recently purchased a USB WiFi adapter for my desktop as an Ethernet cable is no longer an option for me. I downloaded the driver from the site on another computer and transferred/installed it onto the desktop via USB.

I can see the adapter under 'Devices' however it still states it is not connected and cannot detect any WiFi networks. My laptop which is sitting next to it can see the connections fine so it doesn't appear to be a range issue.

Also, under ipconfig, I have two reports; Ethernet adapter which is set as 'media disconnected' and then 'Wireless LAN adapter WiFi' which is also set as media disconnected.

Is there a major step I'm missing here that is required? I have read the instructions that were included as well as the site's FAQ but they do not seem to be useful.

For details, the computer is running Windows 10 and was fine with a cable. The adapter is 'devolo WiFi Stick ac'.

WifiErrors01, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Addonics Releases WiFi Drive Adapter

Addonics Technologies today announced a network device for the wireless sharing of a USB drive or micro SD card or for using as a wireless hot spot for connecting wireless devices to the internet.

The WiFi Drive Adapter is ideal for numerous applications, including wireless file sharing on USB drives or micro SD cards, streaming music or video to a tablet, smart phone, MP3 player or notebook PC. Set up is fast and easy. Simply attach a USB drive or insert a micro SD card into the WiFi Drive Adapter. The data on the USB drive or the micro SD card becomes readily accessible wirelessly.

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi Addonics_WiFi_Drive_Adapter_01_thm.jpg

The WiFi Drive Adapter is also a great tool for setting up a shared internet connection by multiple wireless devices such as notebooks, smart phones or tablets to the Internet in a hotel, office or any place where only one Internet connection is available. To create a wireless hot spot, simply connect the WiFi Drive Adapter to a Local Area Network with an Internet connection.

The Addonics WiFi Drive Adapter supports the IEEE802.11b/g/n standard with a range of 150 feet in an open area. It includes one RJ45 socket for 10/100 Mbps Ethernet connection.

MSRP of the WiFi Drive Adapter is $ 49.95. Visit Addonics Product: WiFi Drive Adapter for more information.

Cristian_25H, Sep 8, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

TRENDnet Releases AC1200 Wireless Adapter with a USB 3.0 Port

TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the availability of the AC1200 Dual Band Wireless USB 3.0 Adapter, model TEW-805UB-a Wireless AC adapter with a USB 3.0 port which maintains high speed wireless transmissions to a Windows-based computer.

TRENDnet's TEW-805UB connects to a high performance Wireless AC network at up to 867 Mbps or to a common Wireless N network at up to 300 Mbps. The intuitive installation process takes less than five minutes. A convenient adapter utility stores multiple network settings and prioritizes network connections. A Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button connects the adapter to a wireless network at the touch of the button. This compact adapter is powered by the computer.

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi 61a_thm.jpg

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi 61b_thm.jpg

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi 61c_thm.jpg

"The integration of the first ever USB 3.0 port will not bottleneck tremendous Wireless AC throughput speeds," stated Sonny Su, technology director for TRENDnet. "The adapter also works with common USB 2.0 ports."
    • Wireless: Next generation Wireless AC
    • Dual Band: 867 Mbps Wireless AC or 300 Mbps Wireless N
    • USB: SuperSpeed 5 Gbps USB 3.0 port is backward compatible with USB 2.0 ports
    • Whole Home Coverage: Whole home wireless coverage
    • One Touch Connection: Connect to the router at the touch of the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button
    • Form Factor: Compact Wireless AC adapter
    • Compatibility: Windows operating systems

btarunr, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

1. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi - Similar Threads - USB Wireless adapter

2. USB WiFi Adapter Frequently Drops Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB WiFi Adapter Frequently Drops Connection: While looking for a default USB driver, I accidentally replaced the driver for my WiFi adapter version 1030.44.809.2021 with a WinUSB driver version 6.1.7600.16385 using a program called Zadig and my internet connection has been dropping for 3-4 seconds every few seconds...
  3. USB WiFi Adapter Frequently Drops Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB WiFi Adapter Frequently Drops Connection: While looking for a default USB driver, I accidentally replaced the driver for my WiFi adapter version 1030.44.809.2021 with a WinUSB driver version 6.1.7600.16385 using a program called Zadig and my internet connection has been dropping for 3-4 seconds every few seconds...
  4. USB WiFi Adapter Frequently Drops Connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter: hi so, I am trying to make the following: (idB)USB wifi as Access Point <---WALL---> Windows 10 Pro Laptop <----WALL---> (idA)USB wifi connected to internet idA is an Alfa networks long range wifi adapter idB USB is located 4 meters away from idA USB and two concrete walls in...
  6. wireless adapter wifi connection having driver issues

wireless adapter wifi connection having driver issues: So I have a lenovo laptop that will have "driver issues" with the wireless adapter, making me unable to have internet. It's very annoying having to restart my laptop every single time this happens. It only seems to happen when I try to play minecraft java edition. I have no...
  7. 2 different USB wireless adapters will not connect to the internet.

2 different USB wireless adapters will not connect to the internet.: My older generic USB wireless adapter stopped being able to connect to the internet on my Dell Desktop/ Win10. I have used it on this computer for years. It was working great but then suddenly stopped connecting. It works on other computers just by plugging it in & opening...
  8. connecting to WiFi with wireless adapter card. windows 10

connecting to WiFi with wireless adapter card. windows 10: I’ve just installed a wireless adapter to my desktop. I am using windows 10. The card shows up as installed correctly and it shows signal, but I cannot get connected to my WiFi. Any suggestions on what to do?...
  9. Wireless Adapter Not Connected.

Wireless Adapter Not Connected.: Hey guys, so I'm on my MSI laptop, turned it on today and it basically told me I have no wireless adapter. I'm going to attach screenshots of everything I can to try and help with this, any help would be appreciated. Killer Wireless Wifi Adapter showing up but hidden:...
  10. usb wifi adapter connected, no internet

usb wifi adapter connected, no internet: It reports connected, no internet. This happened to a tp-link usb and a netgear, both new. Confusing. Turns out, its a Windows 10 update. I tried both usb wifi adapters, editing the registry removing leftover entries between installs. Still happened on both. Restored...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi usb adapter not working windows 10