Windows 10: USB/wireless/bluetooth devices freezing/unfreezing in Windows 10

Discus and support USB/wireless/bluetooth devices freezing/unfreezing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello All: I've seen a posting like this before, and it's closed, but I have a problem where every wireless device on my system is intermittently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Statue111, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Statue111 Win User

USB/wireless/bluetooth devices freezing/unfreezing in Windows 10

Hello All:

I've seen a posting like this before, and it's closed, but I have a problem where every wireless device on my system is intermittently freezing, then unfreezing up to 10 seconds later. It's not specific to one device connection type: I have a Microsoft Sculpt ergonomic mouse using an RF transmitter, a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse using Bluetooth. A wired Logitech keyboard also intermittently is freezing. All are freezing on/off like this. To be fair, the transmitters are a little on the far side away from the devices - about 10 feet. I have another weird symptom: The problem occurs less often if the task manager is open. So unlike the other post like this, I don't believe uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers will help, as the drivers are not the same, and the odds of both being corrupt at the same time are very unlikely. What I think is happening is something is running in the background that's bottlenecking the CPU to the point of where it is ignoring USB devices the bluetooth receiver is on a PCIe card which is connected to an internal USB 2.0 port. The Sculpt mouse is on the USB receiver. Logitech keyboard is wired, but is USB. Also, if I move the Sculpt mouse transmitter closer to the mouse i.e. within 2 feet, it makes no difference. Mouse is also sometimes jerky. This isn't good as this is my gaming rig, so in the middle of a game having the mouse freeze isn't fun.

Lance

:)

Statue111, Jul 8, 2020

2. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Jul 8, 2020
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Jul 8, 2020
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

Thanks bro. There is no driver for my headphones tho so do I just install drivers for this usb? How will my device be discovered?

aasim1111, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. USB/wireless/bluetooth devices freezing/unfreezing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB wireless bluetooth

2. wireless mouse and keyboard bluetooth USB device not recognized- The last USB device you...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless mouse and keyboard bluetooth USB device not recognized- The last USB device you...: I am trying to connect my wireless mouse and keyboard to my windows 11 laptop using a USB Bluetooth adapter I got with that wireless mouse and keyboard, and I am getting below error messages.The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...
  3. wireless mouse and keyboard bluetooth USB device not recognized- The last USB device you...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless mouse and keyboard bluetooth USB device not recognized- The last USB device you...: I am trying to connect my wireless mouse and keyboard to my windows 11 laptop using a USB Bluetooth adapter I got with that wireless mouse and keyboard, and I am getting below error messages.The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...
  4. Xbox wireless adapter for windows 10 USB device not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless adapter for windows 10 USB device not recognized: My adapter was working with both my headset and controller. maybe not at same time, I don't play any games I need a headset for with a controller. Anyway, the adapter is suddenly not recognized. I have tried it on my other computer and it is not recognized there either. It...
  5. Windows 10 freezing and unfreezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing and unfreezing: Hello i have been experiencing freezing problems when i have updated from windows 8.1 to windows 10. Every time it freezes and unfreezes with the following error message in Event viewer. Kernel-EventTracing Session "Intel ESRV FPS Input Session" failed to start with the...
  6. Unfreeze

Unfreeze: How do I unfreeze the top row on my computer from the F1, F2, F3, etc. commands and back to the Mute, Volume Down, Volume Up, etc. commands? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unfreeze/bf553658-1066-4ca9-a35c-1e30c0023f78
  7. adding devices wireless and bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    adding devices wireless and bluetooth: just purchased dell sff model 790 windows 10pro refurbished. Cannot find bluetooth and cannot add all in one wireless printer nor any bluetooth audio speaker. what can i do?...
  8. Dell Running Windows 10 Intermittently Freezing-Unfreezing

Dell Running Windows 10 Intermittently Freezing-Unfreezing: Hey all, I’ve searched this forum & have spent endless hours on Google, but have yet to find anyone with this same problem. I have a... Dell Inspiron 5000 Series System Model: Inspiron 5565 System Type: 64 bit that is running... Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363...
  9. My Windows 10 Freezes, Eventually Unfreezes, And Then Freezes Again

My Windows 10 Freezes, Eventually Unfreezes, And Then Freezes Again: I updated my Windows 10 PC 3 days ago. And it freezes, but I'm able to move the cursor. It eventually unfreezes, and then freezes again. But this time it cuts off the audio, especially when I'm using the Movies & TV app to watch stuff. Why is that happening?...
  10. wireless bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless bluetooth device: hello, while trying to connect my Bluetooth earbuds to my windows 10, It does not appeared in my pc, can you help me to connect my Bluetooth device to windows 10?, how can I connect my earbuds with my pc?...