Windows 10: USB WLAN Packet Loss

Discus and support USB WLAN Packet Loss in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hopefully someone's got some ideas because I'm stumped. Thanks in advance! I have a Lenovo Yoga 920 laptop. A few months ago, I had to replace the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LexLuthor5, Apr 18, 2020.

1. USB WLAN Packet Loss

Hopefully someone's got some ideas because I'm stumped. Thanks in advance!

I have a Lenovo Yoga 920 laptop. A few months ago, I had to replace the SSD and screwed up the internal antennas and can't get them connected back to the internet WLAN card. I'm pretty sure I've damaged the antennas and replacing them in this laptop will be next to impossible.

Easy solution, I picked up an Asus USB-AC53 nano adapter and was using that happily for months. Speeds and range were fine. All of a sudden a few weeks ago, it stopped working reliably. Reconnecting after sleep either takes a while or I have to toggle wifi on/off or even reboot sometimes to reconnect. I will lose the connection entirely as well sometimes while working and have to play around to reconnect. I can deal with that somewhat, but I'm also getting about 1-2% packet loss to my gateway IP even a couple of feet from the router. I am not getting high latency though. Pings are mostly 1ms to 2ms, except when they get lost.

I am actually able to still use the internal WLAN, but without the antennas, the range is terrible. But when using that, I do not have any issues reconnecting after sleep or any packet loss.

I have 2 Asus RT-AC68U routers. I tried both after factory resets and no difference. I also picked up a google wifi router and get packet loss with that too. Another computer using the same exact usb adapter gets no packet loss. I've tried 3 different USB adapters.

There's only 1 USB-A port in the laptop. Nothing is plugged into the USB-C ports when I'm getting packet loss. If I plug the USB WLAN adapter into a USB-C hub and then plug into the USB-C port, I still get packet loss.

I don't recall installing anything new, but who knows. I don't install many apps in general though. Malewarebytes scan comes up with nothing.

CPU utilization is not spiking during packet loss. I even ran a test program to crank up my CPU and that didn't cause any more packet loss than I'm already seeing.

I really don't want to do a clean install of windows as I'm not overly hopeful that will fix it and that's a ton of work for me, but I guess that's the next thing to try. At least if it doesn't work, I could restore back to where I was. That doesn't always go as smoothly as I would like, so there's some risk in that.

Any other thoughts or ideas? Remember, the USB WLAN was working perfectly for months and I've tried 2 different ones since.

:)

LexLuthor5, Apr 18, 2020

2. Experiencing Severe packet loss and high pings

Bump, the command spearman suggested boosted the d/l speed to 70kb/s, however it didn't fix the packet loss issue, the ping issue's still there but has much less of an effect.

crazy pyro, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Lossing Internet Packets only on Windows 10

My English isnt the best on the world, but i understood you suggest it gonna be the router issue?
    As i said before, i tried two diffrent places, with diffrent internet operators and routers. Both places works good on my second computer with windows 7, and both losses packets on my windows 10 computer.

PS
    I pinged Adobe.com and still got packet loss.

TY for your reply.

PS.
    To make it even more simple - i loss some packets even when ping my own router.
    But only from this computer…. still

masynmassino, Apr 18, 2020
  4. USB WLAN Packet Loss

LAN packet loss

Hello ,

This is a strange one, every test of ping i got a
    packet loss using Ethernet cable but when i use WI-FI adapter it's work fine (no packet loss) .

Im sure that the router is OK and my hardware & software (motherboard) is OK, i tested with same pc a portable Linux using Ethernet and it's works no packet loss,

therefore i think there is some problem is windows 10 so i tried to repair it, but i got always packet loss with Ethernet, so what i do ? any suggest ?, before i get made and do a clean install.

Thank You ,

( I have latest windows 10 1809 , and i update all software from my motherboard manufacturer)

amiroucheacheli, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

USB WLAN Packet Loss

1. USB WLAN Packet Loss - Similar Threads - USB WLAN Packet

2. Network packet loss.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network packet loss.: my PC and wifi run fine normally, i have 200mbps and it get downloads fast. there is only 1 thing wrong and thats why im here to seek help.randomly in about 2 minute intervals but still random just not frequent i get complete inbound packet loss.so if im downloading something...
  3. Network packet loss.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network packet loss.: my PC and wifi run fine normally, i have 200mbps and it get downloads fast. there is only 1 thing wrong and thats why im here to seek help.randomly in about 2 minute intervals but still random just not frequent i get complete inbound packet loss.so if im downloading something...
  4. Network packet loss.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Outgoing packet loss

Outgoing packet loss: Hi, my PC running Win 10 experiences outgoing packet loss every now and then randomly, and when in a call, it will drop for a second, and come back. How can i stop as i am on an Ethernet cable and have changed ISP multiple times and it has not fixed the issue,...
  6. Seemingly Diagnosable Packet Loss

Seemingly Diagnosable Packet Loss: Hello,Recently, let's say, in the past week or so I've begun to have massive packet loss. The issue originally started after I began to apex legends, only affecting that game at the time. As the days progressed the packet loss began to increase to the point where nearly all...
  7. packet loss

packet loss: how can i stop getting packet loss in the games i play im one a wired connection and i already contacted my internet provider and they said everything was good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/packet-loss/d0b7b7f2-121e-4fac-9d73-8e4933b61cea
  8. Packet Loss

Packet Loss: I have been experiencing packet loss with the wifi at my college, but it seems that only i am the one having struggles. my roommate is on the same wifi as me and gets a lower ping, and 0 packet loss. is there a problem with my laptop?...
  9. 100% Packet Loss

100% Packet Loss: I've been experiencing this problem for a couple of days now. My wifi works but I either I can't connect to a game or I am getting massive ping spikes every couple of seconds....
  10. LAN packet loss

LAN packet loss: Hello , This is a strange one, every test of ping i got a packet loss using Ethernet cable but when i use WI-FI adapter it's work fine (no packet loss) . Im sure that the router is OK and my hardware & software (motherboard) is OK, i tested with same pc a portable Linux...