Windows 10: USB wont format using diskpart

Discus and support USB wont format using diskpart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; whenever im using diskpart to format a usb it comes up with the followign error: 'DiskPart has encountered an error: The system cannot find the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RandomRuskiy, Jul 7, 2019.

1. USB wont format using diskpart

whenever im using diskpart to format a usb it comes up with the followign error: 'DiskPart has encountered an error: The system cannot find the file specified. See the System Event Log for more information.'

:)

RandomRuskiy, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jul 7, 2019
  3. diskpart for usb drive format is not working

when i used to make my pendrive bootable and it doesnt perform well and shows errors now the pendrive is not working and wants formating .So i m going to used cmd diskpart commands for clean the pendrive but when i opened the cmd by administrator and type
    diskpart and enter after that the i couldn't type anything in the diskpart as my keyboards are not working nor the on screen keyboard does. please suggest me somthing to fix the diskpart problem.

PranshuPandey, Jul 7, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

USB wont format using diskpart

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

USB wont format using diskpart

1. USB wont format using diskpart - Similar Threads - USB wont format

2. Formatting the usb used for creation media

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting the usb used for creation media: So i recently used my 32gb usb stick to install windows on my dell XPS. i was previously using linux but i had to shift back to windows again. i was wondering how can i reformat the usb. whenever i try to format it, it says it is write protected. I tried almost everything but...
  3. Can't format USB even with Diskpart and disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't format USB even with Diskpart and disk management: Hi PeopleToday, I was creating a Windows Bootable USB using Rufus. While the creation was in progress at about 67% it stopped with the dialog box stating ".iso extraction failure." I opened 'This PC' and found that my USB was not listed there. When I reinserted my USB it...
  4. Unable to clean usb using diskpart

Unable to clean usb using diskpart: Yesterday I encountered an error that when using diskpart i was unable to clean my usb drive, I searched the internet for answers but any answer can't fix up my problem, so can anyone help me?[ATTACH]...
  5. formatting pen drive with diskpart

formatting pen drive with diskpart: I have a 8 GB usb and due to some problem as discussed here I am trying to format my USB disk which is 8 GB in size. When I insert the USB following message pops up [img] so I decided to format the usb as per a tutorial here when I execute command create partition primary...
  6. Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart: Hi, Its great to see the addition of Option 4 (Diskpart method) in the Create Bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 10 Tutorial . Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 There's an extra command directly after the clean command, "convert mbr". Is this...
  7. Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart: Hi, Its great to see the addition of Option 4 (Diskpart method) in the Create Bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 10 Tutorial . Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 There's an extra command directly after the clean command, "convert mbr". Is this...
  8. Using Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive

Using Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive: Hi All, Ive decided to use Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive instead of using the Media Creation Tool to create the Windows 10 media. Im just going to use the Media Creation Tool to download the iso image and diskpart to prepare the flash drive. Are the following...
  9. How to use Diskpart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to use Diskpart: I have a problem with my laptop. When I turn it on, it goes directly (after a while) to Windows RE. I can't do any of the easy recoveries off the menu - says it couldn't be fixed. I don't see any error messages on the screen. I booted from a Windows 10 ISO on a USB...
  10. Impossilbe to format EFI in FAT32 using DISKPART

Impossilbe to format EFI in FAT32 using DISKPART: Hi all, This is the first time for me to install W10 and I am facing a kind of strange issue. All started with an error code displayed by the W10 installer saying something like "Impossible to format system partition. Wrong file system. Error Code 0x80042425"... After so...