Windows 10: USB X-HCI compatibele hostcontroller error code 10 on a ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G WIFI mainboard

Discus and support USB X-HCI compatibele hostcontroller error code 10 on a ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G WIFI mainboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, As of the last update all USB 3.x ports have stopped working in windows 10. [ATTACH] So far I've tried the following: - Bios update -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NielsV1449, Jan 19, 2021.

1. USB X-HCI compatibele hostcontroller error code 10 on a ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G WIFI mainboard

Hi,

As of the last update all USB 3.x ports have stopped working in windows 10.

USB X-HCI compatibele hostcontroller error code 10 on a ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G WIFI mainboard aa3481e9-5e7a-4cd5-aa3e-0db7f406900e?upload=true.png

So far I've tried the following:

- Bios update

- installed all drivers from Asus available for this mainboard

- clean windows 10 64 install with all updates

- done a system diagnostic in CMD msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic applied all solutions and rebooted

- ran several driver update programs, all without succes.

- removed any hidded USB controller devices in the device manager

- removed the x-HCI controller from device manager and rebooted

- send an e-mail to ASUS about the issue

Anyone out there that has any other options?

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble.

Niels

:)

NielsV1449, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Polo6RGTI Win User

Asus Z370 Maximus X Motherboards

The 9th gen processors that are currently available is still the P0 stepping and will eventually be replaced with the new R0 stepping processors.

Here are the screenshots I took from Gigabyte's website

USB X-HCI compatibele hostcontroller error code 10 on a ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G WIFI mainboard [​IMG]

Gigabyte redacted the new R0 processors from the list a day later.

USB X-HCI compatibele hostcontroller error code 10 on a ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G WIFI mainboard [​IMG]

Polo6RGTI, Jan 19, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Lists of Motherboards Based on Intel Z370 Express Chipset Surface

Intel is rushing in its 8th generation Core mainstream-desktop (MSDT) processor lineup, codenamed "Coffee Lake," later within Q3-2017. The first four of these will be six-core SKUs, which while built in the "LGA1151" package, the same ones as the 7th generation "Kaby Lake" and 6th generation "Skylake," will not be compatible with motherboards based on the older 100-series and 200-series chipsets, for reasons unknown. Upcoming motherboards based on the 300-series chipset, could support not just 8th generation "Coffee Lake" processors, but also older LGA1151 processors. The chipset lineup consists of the Z370 Express, which features support for CPU overclocking and 2-way multi-GPU; and the mid-range B360 Express chipset, which could launch either in late-2017 or early-2018, alongside the first Core i3 "Coffee Lake" chips. The first wave of motherboards to go with "Coffee Lake" processors will hence be Z370-based. VideoCardz compiled a partial, but growing list of motherboards which could make up the first wave.

USB X-HCI compatibele hostcontroller error code 10 on a ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G WIFI mainboard tr5xZdFlHXB8wuaC_thm.jpg

ASUS
    • ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
    • ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)
    • ROG MAXIMUS X APEX
    • ROG MAXIMUS X CODE
    • ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA
    • ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING
    • ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC)
    • ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
    • ROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING
    • ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING
    • ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING
    • PRIME Z370-P
    • PRIME Z370-A
    • TUF Z370-PLUS GAMING
    • TUF Z370-PRO GAMING
    ASRock
    • ASRock Z*70 Fatal1ty Professional Gaming i7
    • ASRock Z*70 Fatal1ty Gaming K6
    • ASRock Z*70 Extreme4
    • ASRock Z*70 Killer SLI/ac
    • ASRock Z*70 Pro4
    • ASRock Z*70M-ITX/ac
    • ASRock Z*70M Pro4
    Others
    • MSI Z*70 GODLIKE GAMING
    • ECS Z370 LIGHTSABER
    The first Core i7 and Core i5 "Coffee Lake" desktop processors could launch alongside compatible motherboards based on the Intel Z370 chipset, some time in October, 2017.

Source: VideoCardz

btarunr, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Cliff S Win User

USB X-HCI compatibele hostcontroller error code 10 on a ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G WIFI mainboard

Cliff S, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

USB X-HCI compatibele hostcontroller error code 10 on a ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G WIFI mainboard

1. USB X-HCI compatibele hostcontroller error code 10 on a ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G WIFI mainboard - Similar Threads - USB HCI compatibele

2. asus rog strix g16

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    asus rog strix g16: In event viewer i keep getting event errors: metadata failure id131 and kernel tracing error id 2 I've searched up solutions done a bunch but the ones I haven't done are risky and could brick my laptop so imam refrain from that so if someone could guide through some safe...
  3. Asus Rog Strix G16

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Rog Strix G16: Hello, I need help with my Asus Rog Strix G16 laptop I just bought it and everytime I unplug or plug the laptop to charge it just black screen for a couple of second. Could anyone show me how to fix that problem...
  4. Asus Rog Strix G16

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Rog Strix G16: Hello, I need help with my Asus Rog Strix G16 laptop I just bought it and everytime I unplug or plug the laptop to charge it just black screen for a couple of second. Could anyone show me how to fix that problem...
  5. My Asus Rog Strix G15 can’t wifi 6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Asus Rog Strix G15 can’t wifi 6: In my network adapter I have the MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card but I only have 2.4gHz and 5.0 gHz option for wifi connection. i have tried uninstalling and installing my wifi adapter but still it wouldn’t show up. How do I solve this?...
  6. My Asus Rog Strix G15 can’t wifi 6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Asus Rog Strix G15 can’t wifi 6: In my network adapter I have the MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card but I only have 2.4gHz and 5.0 gHz option for wifi connection. i have tried uninstalling and installing my wifi adapter but still it wouldn’t show up. How do I solve this?...
  7. Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080: So i happened to have this little accident that a cat decided to pee on my pc and a small amount of it landed on my GPU which i did not apparently clean out well enough and it ended up ruining a few components. Is it possible to find any component map of the gpu to see what...
  8. ASUS Z370 ROG Maximus X Hero Motherboard - Drivers

ASUS Z370 ROG Maximus X Hero Motherboard - Drivers: Greetings Ten Forums / Community, I own a ASUS Z370 ROG Maximus X Hero Motherboard and I plan to install Windows 10 64bit. If we take a closer look at the following driver comparison list between the Intel and ASUS websites, we can see some discrepancies between the driver...
  9. Asus ROG Strix Scar ii (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus ROG Strix Scar ii (Windows 10): I bought this laptop about 4-5 weeks ago and have been using it since- I love it! But one problem has come up in the last week here, a battery problem. It wasn't too bad of a hassle at first- I would get a notification mid-game that said it had switched to battery (when...
  10. Intel Chipset Driver installation information on Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E

Intel Chipset Driver installation information on Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E: Forgive all the questions, but I have not done this before and need some help understanding the process. My system is custom built by Maingear in 3/2018 and the ASUS Mob has all the original drivers installed by them. This week the Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Updater wanted to...