Windows 10: USB Xbox controller disconnects and removes mouse from PC

Discus and support USB Xbox controller disconnects and removes mouse from PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had a wireless xbox controller but the wireless adapter broke so I tried to use a usb cable to connect it to my pc but whenever I try to connect my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by theSalmonRoll, May 7, 2021.

1. USB Xbox controller disconnects and removes mouse from PC

I had a wireless xbox controller but the wireless adapter broke so I tried to use a usb cable to connect it to my pc but whenever I try to connect my xbox controller to my pc, it connects for about 15 seconds then disconnects and also disconnects my mouse. Trying to unplug and replug in my mouse does not fix it. I thought it might be the usb cable so I bought a new one but that didn't fix the problem. Other USB ports aren't affected by it as my headphones still work. I've tried plugging it into other usb ports on my computer and the same thing happens. I've also already tried updating dri

:)

theSalmonRoll, May 7, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 7, 2021
  3. Issues with accessing mouse after disconnecting XBox One Controller on Windows 10

Hi Harley,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the mouse after disconnecting the Xbox Controller on your device. We will help you in resolving this issue.

Let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message of this issue?
    • Is this issue confined only with disconnecting the Xbox?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/outdated drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Update the Touchpad drivers.

• Right click on Windows key,
      select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on each of the driver and click on
      Uninstall.
    • Hard restart the computer as mouse doesn't work.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 7, 2021
  4. USB Xbox controller disconnects and removes mouse from PC

Xbox controller on pc disconnects everytime I move it

So, I connected my Xbox one controller to my PC using the wire that came with the elite controller. (I am not using the Elite controller on the PC because it would not work.) I used it to play Flight Simulator X. It has been working for 4 months now, but
    just recently I have been having problems. Whenever I move the controller, it disconnects from the computer, but does not disconnect from the USB. So I push it back in, but then it disconnects again. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? (Also,
    I would prefer not to buy another controller or wire )

Little Squidies, May 7, 2021
Thema:

USB Xbox controller disconnects and removes mouse from PC

1. USB Xbox controller disconnects and removes mouse from PC - Similar Threads - USB Xbox controller

2. Periodic disconnects of Xbox Wireless Controller from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Periodic disconnects of Xbox Wireless Controller from PC: While using a XBox Wireless controller connected via bluetooth, I periodically get disconnections. There is not reason/pattern that I have been able to detect as a contributing factor.Read various posts about updating controller firmware in the xbox accessories app, however...
  3. Periodic disconnects of Xbox Wireless Controller from PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Periodic disconnects of Xbox Wireless Controller from PC: While using a XBox Wireless controller connected via bluetooth, I periodically get disconnections. There is not reason/pattern that I have been able to detect as a contributing factor.Read various posts about updating controller firmware in the xbox accessories app, however...
  4. Periodic disconnects of Xbox Wireless Controller from PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. XBox Controller Disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Controller Disconnects: I bought this adapter because all the things I read about it stated it would stop interference that comes with Bluetooth since it uses a proprietary connection, but my controller still disconnects and the round X button at the top of the controller will flash for a few...
  6. XBox Controller Disconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox Controller Disconnects: I bought this adapter because all the things I read about it stated it would stop interference that comes with Bluetooth since it uses a proprietary connection, but my controller still disconnects and the round X button at the top of the controller will flash for a few...
  7. Xbox Controller automatically disconnects and disables mouse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller automatically disconnects and disables mouse.: Yesterday I was using a USB xbox controller and everything worked fine. I left my PC for a while and it went to sleep and when I came back I found that my mouse wasn't working anymore. Now whenever I try to plug in the xbox controller, it connects for about five seconds then...
  8. Xbox controller disconnects from PC during vibration

Xbox controller disconnects from PC during vibration: I tried my new xbox controller, connected through Bluetooth and it worked perfectly playing at Ori and the blind forest. Now I'm playing at Oring and the Will of the Wisps and the controller disconnects after long vibrations....
  9. Xbox Core Controller Disconnecting from PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Core Controller Disconnecting from PC: I'm running windows 10 and using a brand new xbox controller over Bluetooth Ever hour or so, the light on the controller begins flashing for around 10 seconds and the controller stops working. Another thing I've noticed is that this only happens when playing games that are...
  10. Xbox Controller keeps disconnecting from PC

Xbox Controller keeps disconnecting from PC: I'm trying to connect my Xbox controller to my PC via Bluetooth. But it keeps going like this: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] its going over and over again. i can't stop it. can i fix it? Here's what i tried so far: New Batterys Removing and connecting back the controller...