Windows 10: USB Xbox Controller / Joystick preventing monitor screen display from turning off

Discus and support USB Xbox Controller / Joystick preventing monitor screen display from turning off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Certain USB gamepads / joysticks / steering wheels prevent the screensaver running and/or the monitor from switching off after the time set in power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DeeDee665, Mar 21, 2020.

1. DeeDee665 Win User

USB Xbox Controller / Joystick preventing monitor screen display from turning off

Certain USB gamepads / joysticks / steering wheels prevent the screensaver running and/or the monitor from switching off after the time set in power and sleep settings.

The screensaver will kick in but immediately exit or the monitor will go blank as if to start the switching off process, but then immediately 'wake up' again.

Unplugging the USB device will of course solve this but is undesirable and unsatisfactory for many users, and continually doing this might cause damage in the long run.

Previously, there were reports of NVIDIA geforce experience overlay being the problem, but it is not always the case - I and many others have disabled it or removed it entirely but the problem still persists, so in many cases Windows itself is the culprit.

Years later and with umpteen updates, this has still not been resolved.

Please can Microsoft once and fall address this issue ?

:)

DeeDee665, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Neil_V Win User

Windows 10 - USB Joystick prevents display from powering off

I am having the same problem after upgrading to Win 10 with Saitek Pedals, CH Joystick and CH Throttle, any of them plugged in prevents the computer from going to sleep, turning off monitor or going to screen saver.

Was not a problem with Win 7.

Neil_V, Mar 21, 2020
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    USB joystick

Did the joystick work on Win10 prior to v1803 update ?

Which MS games ?

What brand and model joystick ? Does the joystick show in Device Manger > Human Interface Devices,

Universal Serial Bus Devices, or XBOX 360 Peripherals ?

[ Funny thing about Sound, Video and Game Controllers, is the game controllers don't get listed there. Never have

on my machine. ]

BossDweeb, Mar 21, 2020
  4. USB Xbox Controller / Joystick preventing monitor screen display from turning off

Xbox One Controller preventing monitor from going to standby mode!

Hello,

I've ran into a new problem last 1 month I am having this issue and I have just diagnosed last night the problem that is causing my monitor to not turn off its display.

It turns out that there is some very tiny drifting going on with my Afterglow Xbox One Gamepad Controller. Afterglow Wired Controller for Xbox One I've had this controller for the last 10 months, it is still in warranty. I've used it only with my PC, I don't have a console.

However, it appears despite re-calibrating the controller from the game controller settings in control panel, it is preventing Windows 10 monitor from going to sleep.

I've set my monitor to turn off after 1 minute. But it doesn't turn off. But if I lift the analog sticks upwards this somehow fixes the issue, but obviously not a proper solution at all.

Now, the strange part is that I never had the problem under Windows 10 1809 and when I upgraded from 1809 to 1903. It is only after I had freshly installed Windows 10 1903 then this problem started to emerge!

Last 1 month my monitor has never turned off its display even though I've set the power option for it to turn off after 15 minutes of inactivity.

If I disable the controller from the settings or unplug the controller, then monitor display will turn off. I have noticed that it appears that Windows installed the latest Xbox One Controller drivers and I am wondering whether this is the cause of it?

I never had this problem last 10 months. I've had this controller since September 2018. Can someone shed some light? I don't want to have to unplug the controller so monitor can go to sleep.

BLaZiNgSPEED, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

USB Xbox Controller / Joystick preventing monitor screen display from turning off

1. USB Xbox Controller / Joystick preventing monitor screen display from turning off - Similar Threads - USB Xbox Controller

2. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off: I have a desktop pc that is also my home media server, so it needs to be on most of the time. One of them is an OLED so I get it them to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. I use powercfg -requests to see what is preventing them from turning off and for the last couple of...
  3. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off: I have a desktop pc that is also my home media server, so it needs to be on most of the time. One of them is an OLED so I get it them to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. I use powercfg -requests to see what is preventing them from turning off and for the last couple of...
  4. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wireless mouse prevents monitor from turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless mouse prevents monitor from turning off: My screen doesn't go to sleep if my wireless mouse is plugged in, solution ? submitted by /u/PursuingAmerica [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/viosmb/wireless_mouse_prevents_monitor_from_turning_off/
  6. Windows 11 Pro - USB Joysticks prevent displays from going into standby.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro - USB Joysticks prevent displays from going into standby.: When I have my USB joysticks TM HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, TM Peddels connected to my system, my computer will not put the displays on standby after the allotted defined period of inactivity, it is completely ignoring the power settings. If I remove all of my flight...
  7. Windows 11 Pro - USB Joysticks prevent displays from going into standby.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro - USB Joysticks prevent displays from going into standby.: When I have my USB joysticks TM HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, TM Peddels connected to my system, my computer will not put the displays on standby after the allotted defined period of inactivity, it is completely ignoring the power settings. If I remove all of my flight...
  8. Windows 10 2004 - USB Joystick prevents display from powering off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 2004 - USB Joystick prevents display from powering off: The problem described in THIS SITUATION has come back following Win10 ver 2004. To remind all, here is the text. Please note that this happens with various hardware, not just this joystick. When I have either of my USB joysticks connected to my system, the computer will...
  9. How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off: [ATTACH]You might have seen that the screen display turns off automatically when you leave […] This article How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Keyboard prevents display from turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard prevents display from turning off: I use Microsoft comfort keyboard 5050. When I am trying to turn off my display,a few seconds later it turns on again. It is an ongoing issue problem. So I had to unplug the usb...