Windows 10: USB xHCI stopped working after Windows 10 September update

Discus and support USB xHCI stopped working after Windows 10 September update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; No usb devices work. It does send energy but devices are not detected. Device manager shows problems with USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hbazan, Sep 12, 2020.

1. hbazan Win User

USB xHCI stopped working after Windows 10 September update

No usb devices work. It does send energy but devices are not detected.

Device manager shows problems with USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39

Object Name not found.

I removed the device and restart and it gets the same error again.

I don't have the option to rollback to a previous driver, but I do see that the driver is quite new: 9/1/2020, version 10.0.19041.488

Is there a way to get older drivers to test if that is the problem? it was all working before the latest windows update.

Thanks!

:)

hbazan, Sep 12, 2020
  2. Salt Shui Win User

Throttlestop randomly stopped working after a Windows 10 update

So I had the same problem today after the windows 10 update. This is what i did, I uninstall the update then change the date on my computer to September 1st, then reopen Throttlestop. Now my laptop is working normally again

Salt Shui, Sep 12, 2020
  3. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller not working Windows 10

None my USB ports are working. I tried all the driver updateds, Install and Install of the USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller not working. And, Restart..

But nothing get to work yet. Please provide help!!

Since, I could never made boot drive/CD after upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10. There is no way for me to reinstall Windows 10. If my USB port could have been working. I could make bootable USB drive for this day to trouble shoot.

Please suggest how do I get my USB pots to work. Thanks.

Vikas4Sharma, Sep 12, 2020
  4. LemP Win User

Top Left Hand USB port on my HP TouchSmart 520 PC doesn't work

If only one USB port isn't working but the others are, it generally means a hardware problem.

Take a look at Device Manager (click Start, type Device Manager in the Search box, and press Enter)

Double-click "Universal Serial Bus controllers"

If you see an entry with a warning icon ...

• what is its complete name?
    • double-click it and report its "Device Status"

The "HP Virtual Agent" offers this possibility:

USB 3.0 ports stop working after an update for the Texas Instruments XHCI controller
    An incompatible update for the Texas Instruments XHCI controller was delivered through Microsoft Windows Update. If your computer received this update, use the following steps to roll the controller driver back to the previous version:

1. Click Start, enter device manager into the search field, and then click Device Manager from the results.
    2. In Device Manager, click the plus sign (+) next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers to expand the list.
    3. Right-click Texas Instruments XHCI Controller and then select Properties.

If Texas Instruments XHCI Controller is not listed, then this is not what is causing the problem with your USB Device. Stop here, and try another suggested solution in this document.
    4. Click the Driver tab, and then click Roll back driver.
    5. Click Yes on the confirmation window to go back to the previous driver.
    6. Click Close, and then restart your computer. The USB ports should work again.

If the USB ports still do not work, the wires connecting the USB board to the motherboard USB pins might not be securely connected. The computer might need to be serviced to connect the USB board wires to the motherboard connectors.

Thema:

1. USB xHCI stopped working after Windows 10 September update - Similar Threads - USB xHCI stopped

2. USB Stopped Working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Stopped Working after Windows Update: I installed a Windows 10 Update, and now my USB ports don't work once I start booting into Windows.It's not a hardware issue. If I go into BIOS they work fine.I've tried every USB port on the system. They're all dead once Windows starts to boot.I've tried unplugging them and...
  3. USB Stopped Working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Stopped Working after Windows Update: I installed a Windows 10 Update, and now my USB ports don't work once I start booting into Windows.It's not a hardware issue. If I go into BIOS they work fine.I've tried every USB port on the system. They're all dead once Windows starts to boot.I've tried unplugging them and...
  4. USB Stopped Working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB port stopped working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port stopped working after Windows Update: One PC runs an aircraft tracking program and a ship tracking program. Both have received connected via USB.A couple of months ago I noticed the ship tracking was not working. I initially thought the receiver or antenna was faulty so checked the antenna and tried a spare...
  6. USB Ports stopped working after windows update

USB Ports stopped working after windows update: Hi, I updated my computer yesterday and noticed that all my devices Mouse, Keyboard... have stopped working. Im guessing the update messed up my usb drivers somehow... I opened the device manager and checked and I noticed a yellow warnign sign on one of them:It says: This...
  7. xHCI Controller stopped working after 06 of December 2020 Code 10

xHCI Controller stopped working after 06 of December 2020 Code 10: Cheers to the great Experts, Since Sunday all my USB Ports stopped working. I use an Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-572 Laptop, with WIn 10 Pro on it. In the device manager the xHCI can't start, Code 10 [ATTACH] Sorry I know it's in German, but I'm using a german...
  8. Mouse not working after September Windows 10 update

Mouse not working after September Windows 10 update: After the September Windows 10 update, the Logitech mouse does not work correctly. Although the settings are correct, the buttons are often reversed or inactive. The cursor often doesn't move. I have uninstalled the Windows update, the mouse driver, and every other...
  9. The license stop working after the september update for 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The license stop working after the september update for 2004: Hi my laptop has a clean install of Windows 10 Pro Education 2004 with the corresponding license, at some point at the beginning of September it start to ask for the license saying "We can't activate Windows on this device because the product key was already used on another...
  10. USB devices stopped working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB devices stopped working after Windows 10 update: Hi Following Windows 10 update USB keyboard and mouse stopped working. Unable to login to startup screen. Tried from recovery screen, but still unable to enter keystrokes or mouse. Desktop totally inaccessable. I notice that this is happening more and more with this...