Windows 10: USB

Discus and support USB in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; port error coming up when inserting USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb/9a9cd193-645d-4683-b2c5-60479f4eb6a4" Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by keithoxford1, Feb 19, 2019.

1. USB

port error coming up when inserting USB

:)

keithoxford1, Feb 19, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

USB nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Feb 19, 2019
  4. spapakons Win User

USB

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

USB [​IMG]

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

USB [​IMG]

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

USB [​IMG]

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

USB

1. USB - Similar Threads - USB

2. USB Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device: When I plug my USB flash drive it is not showing it's level name. Instead of it's level name, it is showing USB Drive as name in explorer. I tried renaming my USB drive several ways but in vain. But I have noticed that when I open disk management, then it shows the exact name...
  3. WiFi and USB Driver Problems

WiFi and USB Driver Problems: Hi all, after some hardware problems I had to restart my PC. Both, the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 as well as the USB Root Hub failed to load. According to the Device Manager, the Wifi Device cannot start (Code 10) and the USB Root Hub may be corrupt or missing (Code...
  4. USB TETHERING TROUBLESHOOT TO CONNECT MY ANDROID TO PC WITH USB CABLE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB TETHERING TROUBLESHOOT TO CONNECT MY ANDROID TO PC WITH USB CABLE: I want to connect my Android through a USB cable with the LAN line of my PC. I turn on tethering in my android but yet I can not connect to the Internet. Could one help me troubleshoot my connection?...
  5. Reinstall Windows from USB Key - Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows from USB Key - Windows 10 Product Key: I am currently trying to clean up a computer at work and I decided that it needs a total wipe. Since it is a work computer, I do not want to attach a Microsoft account to it for the Windows 10 product key (it is incredibly frustrating that you need to do this now), but may...
  6. USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft) Crashing with XBox One Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft) Crashing with XBox One Controller: So for weeks I've been trying to get my XBox One controller working with Windows 10 Pro x64. Symptoms I've had were that every time I plugged in my XBox One controller via USB cable (From the XBox), I would lose my mouse and/or keyboard inputs entirely, even if they were...
  7. Is it possible to boot my pc from a normal usb?

Is it possible to boot my pc from a normal usb?: Hi, recently I bought a new ssd for my pc. And I would like to know if i can boot windows form a normal USB-Stick instead from a usb-flashdrive...
  8. Intermittent USB Operation

Intermittent USB Operation: Hi MS Community, I just got a new Xeon based machine with the nVIDA RTX5000 video card. The system is running Windows 10 Pro ver 1903. The problem is with the USB ports. They keep connecting/disconnecting many times per minute. If I connect an external USB hard drive, I...
  9. Block my USB devices

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block my USB devices: How do I block my USB devices, but create a filter so that it only recognizes the devices that I want. Thank you ***moved on english forum*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-my-usb-devices/b8d3390b-5a46-4a3c-86af-d30db251f67c"
  10. Access Denied: cut off from my USB drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Denied: cut off from my USB drives: My PC was fine until Friday. It's an HP Laptop, running Windows 10, 64 Bit. I generally have two external hard drives mounted, and I occasionally also connect a CD/DVD drive. This past Friday I connected the CD/DVD drive and Windows didn't pick it up. So I rebooted. After...