Windows 10: USB

Discus and support USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried to create ISO file on my usb flash disk, because i want to upgrade to windows 10, but at the end of installation i got error message0x80004005... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Student_OA, Mar 8, 2021.

1. USB

I tried to create ISO file on my usb flash disk, because i want to upgrade to windows 10, but at the end of installation i got error message0x80004005 - 0xA001B and after restarting my computer i cant do anything with my usb. It says that it has 0b storage and when i plug it in it asks me if i want to format the usb and if i click on yes it says that windows cant format the device and that i should check if it's plugged in correctly.

I tried some downloading some tools to format it as well, but they cant recognize the usb. USB 1dc77fcc-ec9e-48b1-b97d-915f1c182a88?upload=true.png

:)

Student_OA, Mar 8, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

USB nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Mar 8, 2021
  4. swat354 Win User

USB

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

USB

1. USB - Similar Threads - USB

2. Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hello,Hope this message finds you all well, Can somebody help me please with regards with the below error I am facing with my Windows 11 OS.One of my Universal Serial Bus Controller drivers simultaneously giving an error even though there's no external driver connected to my...
  3. Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hello,Hope this message finds you all well, Can somebody help me please with regards with the below error I am facing with my Windows 11 OS.One of my Universal Serial Bus Controller drivers simultaneously giving an error even though there's no external driver connected to my...
  4. How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?: The hard drive on my son's laptop has died. I did not make a bootable USB drive for his computer. If I replace the hard drive, how can I reinstall Windows 11 without purchasing Windows again?I read that I can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo..., select...
  5. How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?

How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?: The hard drive on my son's laptop has died. I did not make a bootable USB drive for his computer. If I replace the hard drive, how can I reinstall Windows 11 without purchasing Windows again?I read that I can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo..., select...
  6. how to remove a write protection on a usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove a write protection on a usb drive: How to remove a write protection on a usb drive. I downloaded disk drill which was linked to Microsoft to recover a deleted file on a USB. After I uninstalled disk drill, the USB is written-protected. What could be down to remove written protection on this USB.ThanksSusie...
  7. how to remove a write protection on a usb drive

how to remove a write protection on a usb drive: How to remove a write protection on a usb drive. I downloaded disk drill which was linked to Microsoft to recover a deleted file on a USB. After I uninstalled disk drill, the USB is written-protected. What could be down to remove written protection on this USB.ThanksSusie...
  8. how to remove a write protection on a usb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. timer to disable selected users USB access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    timer to disable selected users USB access: Hi All,My company has around 400 to 500 users all using win10.We have disabled USB using group policy and Intune for all users, but few of them require USB access for official reasons.I have created a policy to exclude those few users so that they can use USB drivers on that...
  10. timer to disable selected users USB access

timer to disable selected users USB access: Hi All,My company has around 400 to 500 users all using win10.We have disabled USB using group policy and Intune for all users, but few of them require USB access for official reasons.I have created a policy to exclude those few users so that they can use USB drivers on that...