Windows 10: usb

Discus and support usb in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when you put a usb stick example in outlet you get a black box up asking what you want to do with this device. How can you change your choice to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RickFrechette, Jul 11, 2021.

1. usb

when you put a usb stick example in outlet you get a black box up asking what you want to do with this device. How can you change your choice to something else

:)

RickFrechette, Jul 11, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 11, 2021
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

usb nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Jul 11, 2021
  4. swat354 Win User

usb

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

usb

1. usb - Similar Threads - usb

2. download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working: Hello, it used to be very easy to download photos from my ipad to my PC using a USB cable to connect ipad to the PC. When I clicked on -This PC-Apple iPad- an internal storage bar came up showing how much space is used up on the iPad. I would double click on that icon. Then a...
  3. download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working: Hello, it used to be very easy to download photos from my ipad to my PC using a USB cable to connect ipad to the PC. When I clicked on -This PC-Apple iPad- an internal storage bar came up showing how much space is used up on the iPad. I would double click on that icon. Then a...
  4. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....: Hi guysSo, I basically downloaded the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool from the Windows 11 download site. I ran it and selected an 8GB USB stick 2.0 as the device that should be made into a bootable USB flash drive. It fully downloaded Windows 11 and then started creating......
  5. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....

Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....: Hi guysSo, I basically downloaded the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool from the Windows 11 download site. I ran it and selected an 8GB USB stick 2.0 as the device that should be made into a bootable USB flash drive. It fully downloaded Windows 11 and then started creating......
  6. No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor: I've problem with my Wireless WIFI Adaptor. Adaptor detail: Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor Latest Version of drive.When i open wifi settings and then go to show available networks then it say NO WI'FI NETWORK FOUND. I have my mobile hotspot...
  7. No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor

No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor: I've problem with my Wireless WIFI Adaptor. Adaptor detail: Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor Latest Version of drive.When i open wifi settings and then go to show available networks then it say NO WI'FI NETWORK FOUND. I have my mobile hotspot...
  8. No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging: recently i m facing an unusual issue with my MI11x phone .Whenever i connect my phone to a pc via usb cable it directly starts charging without as for the 4-5 options to use for file transfer or charging or others.I have tried connecting with different cables and even on...
  10. Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging

Unable to use USB for file transfer or usb thethering expect for charging: recently i m facing an unusual issue with my MI11x phone .Whenever i connect my phone to a pc via usb cable it directly starts charging without as for the 4-5 options to use for file transfer or charging or others.I have tried connecting with different cables and even on...