Windows 10: USB

Discus and support USB in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my USB keeps deleting everything off it and corrupting random file. it's a SanDisk with 1.89tb. what do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JanFP, Nov 28, 2022.

1. JanFP Win User

USB

my USB keeps deleting everything off it and corrupting random file. it's a SanDisk with 1.89tb. what do I do?

:)

JanFP, Nov 28, 2022
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 28, 2022
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

USB nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Nov 28, 2022
  4. spapakons Win User

USB

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

USB [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

USB [​IMG]

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

USB [​IMG]

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

USB [​IMG]

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

USB

1. USB - Similar Threads - USB

2. Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update: After updating Windows, I've noticed that certain USB-C devices no longer connect to my system. While these devices are recognized and appear in the Bluetooth and devices menu in Settings, they are conspicuously absent from my Device Manager. This issue has persisted despite...
  3. Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update: After updating Windows, I've noticed that certain USB-C devices no longer connect to my system. While these devices are recognized and appear in the Bluetooth and devices menu in Settings, they are conspicuously absent from my Device Manager. This issue has persisted despite...
  4. usb wont let computer read it, how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb wont let computer read it, how do i fix this?: hi, i have a usb that up until today would read fine on my computer. i know its not an issue with the computer, other usb's work fine, but this one refuses to read. how do i fix this?...
  5. usb wont let computer read it, how do i fix this?

usb wont let computer read it, how do i fix this?: hi, i have a usb that up until today would read fine on my computer. i know its not an issue with the computer, other usb's work fine, but this one refuses to read. how do i fix this?...
  6. All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144: Hi,All my usb devices randomly connect and disconnect. The rgb lights on my pc also flicker when this happens.I Have checked my reliablity monitor and found this issue happening dozens of times per day.I dont have any new hardware, and my temps are fine. I have also updated...
  7. All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144

All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144: Hi,All my usb devices randomly connect and disconnect. The rgb lights on my pc also flicker when this happens.I Have checked my reliablity monitor and found this issue happening dozens of times per day.I dont have any new hardware, and my temps are fine. I have also updated...
  8. All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...
  10. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...