Windows 10: USB3.0 stick will not autoplay

Discus and support USB3.0 stick will not autoplay in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A USB3.0 stick shows in THIS PC and 'works', but it does NOT autoplay in the USB ports where other USB sticks do. So the Windows setting and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sebastian42, Sep 26, 2020.

1. USB3.0 stick will not autoplay

A USB3.0 stick shows in THIS PC and 'works', but it does NOT autoplay in the USB ports where other USB sticks do. So the Windows setting and the registry key for Autoplay are correct, but THIS USB does not obey it. I am ONLY interested in its contents being displayed in File Explorer. It behaves the same even if I use Safe Removal.

:)

Sebastian42, Sep 26, 2020

2. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

USB3.0 stick will not autoplay autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 26, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    USB3.0 stick will not autoplay

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

I have now put everything that should be in the file in bold to make it clearer for you.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoActiveDesktop"=dword:00000001
    "NoActiveDesktopChanges"=dword:00000001
    "ForceActiveDesktopOn"=dword:00000000
    "EnableShellExecuteHooks"=dword:00000001
    "NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=dword:00000000

Do you see you missed a line?

A wise person backs up before making changes.

1. Select the registry key shown above
    2. File, export e.g. to your desktop

USB3.0 stick will not autoplay [​IMG]

dalchina, Sep 26, 2020
  4. USB3.0 stick will not autoplay

autoplay feature

Hi Drivhardd,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the following question for better clarification on the issues.

1. Do you have any issues? Do you see any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps given below to fix this.

a) Open AutoPlay by pressing Windows key + W,

b) Enter AutoPlay in the search box, Click on Settings, and then click on AutoPlay.

c) In the drop-down list next to the device or type of media, choose Open folder to view files.

d) Please Check the Option Use Autoplay for all media and devices.

e) Click on Save.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Sudharshan M K, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

USB3.0 stick will not autoplay

1. USB3.0 stick will not autoplay - Similar Threads - USB3 stick autoplay

2. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  3. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  4. Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive: An autorun.inf file is a text file that can be used by the Autorun and AutoPlay components of Microsoft Windows. When a USB drive is plugged into a USB port, an autorun USB dialog appears that prompts you to do certain operations: print images, run Windows Media Players, or...
  5. Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive

Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive: An autorun.inf file is a text file that can be used by the Autorun and AutoPlay components of Microsoft Windows. When a USB drive is plugged into a USB port, an autorun USB dialog appears that prompts you to do certain operations: print images, run Windows Media Players, or...
  6. USB3.0 stick will not autoplay

in Windows 10 Support
    USB3.0 stick will not autoplay: A USB3.0 stick shows in THIS PC and 'works', but it does NOT autoplay in the USB ports where other USB sticks do. So the Windows setting and the registry key for Autoplay are correct, but THIS USB does not obey it. I am ONLY interested in its contents being displayed in File...
  7. autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    autoplay: I have windows 10. is there a bug in windows that autoplay doesn't work anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay/411857e1-5470-47cb-8c15-c008c335437f
  8. autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    autoplay: hi I cant get autoplay to work ive been to devises and turned on but it still don't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay/016c373e-e831-4510-9e63-ba32b9d3c8a9
  9. USB2 and USB3

USB2 and USB3: Win 10 seems to sort problems its own way. On Win 7, there's no trouble about plugging in USB 2 devices. But when I plug in my camera [PRAKTICA Z250 - not a Smithsonian exhibit] on the Win 10 pc the pics don't download with an on-screen choice, no matter how I set up the...
  10. USB2 and USB3

USB2 and USB3: Win 10 seems to sort problems its own way. On Win 7, there's no trouble about plugging in USB 2 devices. But when I plug in my camera [PRAKTICA Z250 - not a Smithsonian exhibit] on the Win 10 pc the pics don't download with an on-screen choice, no matter how I set up the...