Windows 10: Usb3 hdd disconnected on copy or install large files

Discus and support Usb3 hdd disconnected on copy or install large files in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have a problem with external hdds when I want copy large files or install large games like sniper elite 3 usb 3 devices disconnected and i can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sevensss, Oct 1, 2018.

1. sevensss Win User

Usb3 hdd disconnected on copy or install large files

Hi
    I have a problem with external hdds when I want copy large files or install large games like sniper elite 3 usb 3 devices disconnected and i can't use it until I restart my pc
    I'm sure this is software problem
    Because I did same operation in windows 10 pe boot disk without any problem
    Any help would appreciated
    Thank you

:)

sevensss, Oct 1, 2018
  2. VodaFone2 Win User

USB3 device disconnecting when transferring files.

Hello!

I've recently built a new PC and everything is working fine, well almost everything. There are 4 USB ports on the case front panel. Two of them are USB2 and the other two are USB3. My problem lies with the
    USB3 ports. Neither of them work when using a USB3 capable stick. File transfers fail within seconds, then you hear the usb stick disconnecting and reconnecting.

I can use a USB2 stick in both of the troublesome ports and files copy perfectly fine (at 20mb/s). The USB3 sticks work perfectly fine on on the USB2 ports and even the USB3 port directly on the motherboard
    (at ~57mb/s). The problem occurs only on the front panel USB3 ports when copying at USB3 speeds (~57mb/s).

So far I have tried:

• Updating BIOS
    • Updating USB drivers
    • Updating Windows 10 to latest version
    • Disabling power saving for USB devices in device manager
    • Remove and reconnect USB3 cable on motherboard
    • Verify if the issue is not the HDD that I am copying from
    The motherboard and case in question are:

• Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
    • NZXT Source 340 Elite
    I am looking for any help or tips regarding this issue as my google skills are failing me.

VodaFone2, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Krazy Owl Win User
    What software to copy HDD ?

I got everything already installed on a 250gigs hdd and wanna transfer the whole setup to a 320gig more recent hdd.

I want it really simple.

Do I just copy and paste the C: to send it to the other drive or i use a software you can suggest me?

I will just open the case plug in the free hdd and copy files there. Then after screw it there and close the case.

Thank you.

Krazy Owl, Oct 1, 2018
  4. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Usb3 hdd disconnected on copy or install large files - Similar Threads - Usb3 hdd disconnected

2. How to copy file metadata for a large number of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to copy file metadata for a large number of files: I have a lot of videos saved on my hard drive, each of which has a director listed in the metadata. I want to get a full list of those videos along with their directors, but can't seem to find a way to do so with Excel, or any other tool within Windows file explorer - there's...
  3. How to copy file metadata for a large number of files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to copy file metadata for a large number of files: I have a lot of videos saved on my hard drive, each of which has a director listed in the metadata. I want to get a full list of those videos along with their directors, but can't seem to find a way to do so with Excel, or any other tool within Windows file explorer - there's...
  4. How to copy file metadata for a large number of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. File corruption when copying large files

File corruption when copying large files: Hello,I'm experiencing a problem with Windows 10 where I get corrupt backup files if I copy and paste them from one connected external hard drive to another, and the transfer rate is too fast. These files are very large, tending to range in size from 20 GB to 100 GB. Whenever...
  6. 5 hours to copy 1GB to USB3?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    5 hours to copy 1GB to USB3?: I'm copying 1GB to a USB3 flash drive and it's moving at between 50kbps and 500 BYTES/s and estimated to take 5 hours. It's an entire coding project folder with 1000's of little files... I don't know if that's got something to do with it as opposed to a single 1GB movie or...
  7. Copying large MP4 files

Copying large MP4 files: I have a flash drive created by a company that transfers old 8mm movies and old VHS tapes to digital format. The files are formatted in MP4 and the total volume the 30 separate files on this drive is approximately 105Gb. Most of the files are less than 4Gb but some are...
  8. Usb3 hdd disconnected on copy or install large files

in Windows 10 Support
    Usb3 hdd disconnected on copy or install large files: Hi I have a problem with external hdds when I want copy large files or install large games like sniper elite 3 usb 3 devices disconnected and i can't use it until I restart my pc I'm sure this is software problem Because I did same operation in windows 10 pe boot disk...
  9. Backing up NAS files --4TB passport USB3 HDD's available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Backing up NAS files --4TB passport USB3 HDD's available: Hi there Backing up NAS data can be problematic but remember if you have a lot of data on NAS server then consider that you could get HDD failures on that too. The new 4TB portable passport size USB HDD's are great -- around 150 EUR currently -- I like the small...
  10. USB3 HDD slower in USB3 socket than powered USB2 socket

in Windows 10 Support
    USB3 HDD slower in USB3 socket than powered USB2 socket: Hi there crazy --I have a laptop with 1 USB3 socket and 2 USB2 sockets. The USB3 socket is also a "charging" usb socket. Now if I plug a USB3 HDD (Toshiba) into a USB2 socket where I've connected a powered USB2 hub I'm getting copy speeds of around 76 mb/s. The same HDD...