Windows 10: Use 3rd, 4th, ... GPU win10?

Discus and support Use 3rd, 4th, ... GPU win10? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi. How do I make windows10 use a 3rd+ GPU for rendering/encoding? Using AMD 4x0/5x0 cards. Windows only lets me set generic low power/high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Rakly3, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Rakly3 Win User

Use 3rd, 4th, ... GPU win10?

Hi.
    How do I make windows10 use a 3rd+ GPU for rendering/encoding?
    Using AMD 4x0/5x0 cards.

Windows only lets me set generic low power/high performance.
    The (current) AMD Radeon Settings don't have this option any more. CCC isn't working either.

I'm fine with using a 3rd party tool if you know any.
    (I don't mean unRaid, it's to use on the same windows instance.)

Thanks!

:)

Rakly3, Dec 3, 2019
  2. kjl1956 Win User

3rd party antivirus/firewall and win10

Antivirus; the attempt by Microsoft to remove (uninstall) or limit 3rd party antivirus and firewalls is truly overreach.

This action is purely designed to make the win10 systems allow Microsoft products and setting not be blocked by other software.

Automatically turning on the built in defender and windows firewall before a 3rd party product has finished updating, being completely uninstalled or temporally paused should not invoke win10 to restart its built in products, but it does infract do this.

This is true for any pc that has any win10 files including the get win10 gwx program in win7 and 8.1.

This corrupts the installation of 3rd party product's so as to not allow the program to use its full capacity, there by making the system venerable.

The only option is to have to uninstall the 3rd party software and reinstall, this can be a real pain to reconfigure on every win10 updates build.

I can only think that this is also why Microsoft is making it difficult to use any other system protection but its own.

A big step in the wrong direction.

kjl1956, Dec 3, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    4th Generation Graphics CoreNext Architecture Codenamed "Polaris"

Just to demystify the codenames:
    • Polaris: Codename for the 4th generation GCN
    • Arctic Islands: Family of GPUs based on Polaris
    • Greenland: High-end GPU within Arctic Islands

btarunr, Dec 3, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Use 3rd, 4th, ... GPU win10? - Similar Threads - 3rd 4th GPU

2. Cloned Win10 OS Boots to Desktop -- until 3rd or 4th reboot, then black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned Win10 OS Boots to Desktop -- until 3rd or 4th reboot, then black screen: I used disk images to clone an older win10 laptop OS to a newer laptop with different hardware. I know it's unwise, apologies, but I put many many hours put into customization of fussy customer's computer. When I did it with Acronis without Universal Restore -- UR was not...
  3. Cloned Win10 OS Boots to Desktop -- until 3rd or 4th reboot, then black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloned Win10 OS Boots to Desktop -- until 3rd or 4th reboot, then black screen: I used disk images to clone an older win10 laptop OS to a newer laptop with different hardware. I know it's unwise, apologies, but I put many many hours put into customization of fussy customer's computer. When I did it with Acronis without Universal Restore -- UR was not...
  4. Cloned Win10 OS Boots to Desktop -- until 3rd or 4th reboot, then black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "Fresh" W11 installed on 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th gen CPU systems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Fresh" W11 installed on 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th gen CPU systems?: Downloaded the W11 Media Creation tool.Set BIOS accordingly and all installed successfully.All updates and Optional Updates installed successfully.All previously had W10 activated and all successfully activated with a W11 Digital License.They all run like a bolt of lightning,...
  6. "Fresh" W11 installed on 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th gen CPU systems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Fresh" W11 installed on 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th gen CPU systems?: Downloaded the W11 Media Creation tool.Set BIOS accordingly and all installed successfully.All updates and Optional Updates installed successfully.All previously had W10 activated and all successfully activated with a W11 Digital License.They all run like a bolt of lightning,...
  7. Outlook 2016 doesn't work properly after updates on June 3rd and 4th, 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 2016 doesn't work properly after updates on June 3rd and 4th, 2020: Hello, Outlook 2016 worked perfect until the last two updates of Windows 10 June 3rd and 4th. Since then it is acting up strangely. I can't receive or send from an email account with POP/SMTP. Checking the two accounts showed that the password was deleted. After typing in...
  8. [Win10] Restart GPU driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [Win10] Restart GPU driver: I had set TDRLevel=0 (TdrLevelOff - GPU Timeout Detection and Recovery disabled) registry setting for troubleshooting and at some moment screen got frozen apparently because GPU driver got stuck. Now I am unable to recover/restart the GPU using undocumented keyboard shortcut...
  9. System Crashes / DPC Watchdog Violation (Green Screen) when using 3rd GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Crashes / DPC Watchdog Violation (Green Screen) when using 3rd GPU: Hello there, I've been battling this issue for a while now, but I just can't seem to get it fixed. I'm using the following hardware: Asus X99-E WS USB 3.1 Intel i7-6850K 6-core 3.6GHz 64 GB DDR4 Ram Corsair AX1200i PSU EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Hybrid EVGA GTX 1080Ti Hybrid EVGA...
  10. 4th monitor is not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4th monitor is not working: Hello, I am trying to add 4th monitor but 4th is not working. One is plugged in VGA socket, other HDMI and for 4th I am using display adapter. https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/usb-20-to-dvi-full-hd-adapter-with-vga-and-hdmi-adapters-a98ha 4th monitor is not responding but it's...