Windows 10: "Use a Device" Option is not available in advanced startup options.

Discus and support "Use a Device" Option is not available in advanced startup options. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I was going to reset my computer and got some error, so I decided to just reset it from an usb. But the "Use a Device" option doesnt show up for me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by arviido, Jan 18, 2020.

1. arviido Win User

"Use a Device" Option is not available in advanced startup options.

So I was going to reset my computer and got some error, so I decided to just reset it from an usb. But the "Use a Device" option doesnt show up for me. Any help would be appreciated!

:)

arviido, Jan 18, 2020

2. "Use a device" option not available in advance startup menu

This is exactly what I did, but I am still not able to view Use a device option.

Abhijatya Gupta, Jan 18, 2020
  3. "Use a device" option not available in advance startup menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & security icon.

• Click/tap on Recovery on the left side, and click/tap on Restart now under Advanced startup. Check if you are able to view the Use a device option.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 18, 2020
  4. "Use a Device" Option is not available in advanced startup options.

Startup Settings not available in Advanced Options

I have spend 2 days trying everything I could find online and can not get the menu item for startup settings to appear under Advanced Options. With older versions, like windows 7, I just hit F8, at startup and select safe boot, from a menu of startup options.
    Windows 10, I can get to the advanced options, but the startup options are never available. A search of images show 6 items under advanced options, I have 5, but not the last one, on the bottom right "Startup Settings".

My windows 10 installation will occasionally login, but the display is black. The disk (a 500 GBytes SSD) shows up in my network and I can copy files from it. I am assuming the display driver is corrupted and if I could boot into safe mode, I
    could fix the display driver and everything will work.

I tried installing win 10 using an install USB, as an upgrade (I don't want to lose my data), but I got a warning that the upgrade option is only available, if I boot into windows first. But if I do, the screen is black, so that's not going to work.

I did a clean install on a new 500 Gbyte SSD. I have the corrupted SSD. Recover does not help. I believe I have file history on another SSD drive. I also have a drive image, but that is Windows 7 Pro, right before upgrading to windows 10, which was a
    long time ago.

I try resetting the corrupt windows ssd, that occasionally logs into a black screen. But I get Drive Partition is missing. Using Advanced Options/cmd, I have done things like chkdsk, scannow and others. I have notes on everything.

I also tried the following command sequence

diskpart

list disk (~3.8 Gbytes disk 0, ~7 Gbytes disk 1) ~ means I don't have an exact number

select disk 0

clean

This and other dos commands have not helped.

Any suggestions on how to fix my corrupted Windows 10 Pro?

BradCarvey, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

"Use a Device" Option is not available in advanced startup options.

1. "Use a Device" Option is not available in advanced startup options. - Similar Threads - Device Option available

2. Can't access Advanced Startup Options!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Advanced Startup Options!: I'm trying to access Safe Mode to use the Kaspersky Protection Password Removal Toolthe official one. Because it only run on Safe Mode! First, I tried to access it by holding Shift and press Restart in the Power Option. It only option is "Turn off this PC". I think is...
  3. "Use a device" missing in advance options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Use a device" missing in advance options: in the Advanced options menu, I can't find "Use a device" Can someone help me submitted by /u/xXFlareWOLF [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljoht7/use_a_device_missing_in_advance_options/
  4. Can't exit advanced startup options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't exit advanced startup options: Hi, please help. Can't seem to exit advanced startup options. No continue option only advanced options and nothing works in there, except command prompt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-exit-advanced-startup-options/b33b1760-9c1c-40df-af7a-9ce1be7d729b
  5. Unable to access Advanced Startup Options

Unable to access Advanced Startup Options: While trying to access my BIOS, I was advised to enter Advanced Startup via Shift-Restart. However, doing so only takes me to a black screen. Cycling power allows my PC to boot into Windows normally. Any idea what could be causing this problem?...
  6. "Use a device" option missing from advanced bootup options

"Use a device" option missing from advanced bootup options: When you enter the advanced bootup options in Windows 10, there is supposed to be a "Use a device" option where you can boot from a USB drive or CD. However, on some PC's that I fix up, that option is not there. I then have no way to boot from an external drive. How do I get...
  7. No advanced Startup Options (Safe Mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    No advanced Startup Options (Safe Mode): Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I could really use some help. I am in the process of reinstalling my system. I am running a newly installed 10x64 pro. Part of that requires I install Dragon Naturally Speaking. However, I cannot do that; I get a 1303 error during...
  8. No "Use a Device" option in Advanced Startup.

No "Use a Device" option in Advanced Startup.: Last night I updated my computer to Windows 10. I noticed after doing so my Gaming Rig (which has been out of commission since 2014) had a 32bit operating system despite having the capacity to run a 64bit. I read online that I'd be able to create a boot disc or usb...
  9. "Use a Device" Advanced Startup Option Missing

"Use a Device" Advanced Startup Option Missing: Hello all, I have been having an incredibly frustrating time trying to accomplish something that should be relatively simple. I am trying to upgrade from the 32x version of Windows 10 to the 64x version. I have the installation media created onto a USB drive, but when I...
  10. Advanced Startup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Startup Option: Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro. 22998

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 use a device missing

2. windows use a device option missing

3. use a device option missing

4. use a device not showing in Advanced options,
  5. no use a device option in advanced startup,
  6. windows 10 recovery use a device missimg,
  7. windows does not show use a device,
  8. windows 10 advanced startup use a device missing,
  9. windows no use a device option boot,
  10. use a device not available on advanced options screen,
  11. use a device option not available