Windows 10: Use account missing some folders

Discus and support Use account missing some folders in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm not sure if anyone know about that, but since i installed windows10 i noticed that not all of the user's folders are available in the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Surreal90, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Surreal90 Win User

Use account missing some folders

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if anyone know about that, but since i installed windows10 i noticed that not all of the user's folders are available in the user folder, What i can only find is (Contacts, Favorites, Links, Saved Games, Searches), In order to be able to see the full folders list i have to go the full dir (C:\Users\User Name).

:)

Surreal90, Jan 15, 2016
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jan 15, 2016
  3. Sent Box Not Visible on Gmail Outlook Account

Hi Georgina,

To further isolate the first issue, please answer the following:

• Is it for Outlook.com or the Outlook app?
    • Is the Sent box the only folder missing? Or are other folders missing as well?
    • Can you send us a screenshot? (Please edit the image if any personal information may be exposed)
    Regarding your second issue, you may visit this
    link
    to get some tips and tricks on how to manage aliases on your Microsoft account.

Keep us posted.

Dennis Mop, Jan 15, 2016
  4. Surreal90 Win User

So, no one noticed that? Or is it only happening for me?

Surreal90, Jan 17, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Might be a glitch on your end, I'm showing all 11 of mine, (including the OneDrive folder).

Edwin, Jan 17, 2016
  6. Surreal90 Win User
    Hi Edwin, Thanks for your reply, Do you know how to fix it then?, I had a fresh installation a couple of times, and noticed that it's always like that, maybe it's because i'm using a local account?

Surreal90, Jan 17, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    Can you upload a screenshot with the navigation pane expanded and the folder in question opened?

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...en-forums.html

Edwin, Jan 17, 2016
  8. Surreal90 Win User

Okay, Here is it:

Use account missing some folders [​IMG]

Use account missing some folders [​IMG]

Surreal90, Jan 18, 2016
  9. Same as you in User

hTconeM9user, Jan 19, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Run a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Jan 19, 2016
  11. Surreal90 Win User
    Hi davidhk, Thanks for your reply, Would that "dism" command remove any of my apps or settings?, And if i posted one of those reports would you be able to help me *Smile?

Surreal90, Jan 19, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    1. You are supposed to use sfc /scannow first.
    If and only if it comes back with " found corrupt files but unable to repair ", THEN you use the dism command. Not before.

2. No, dism will not remove any of your apps and settings. It is just restoring the system.

3. I am no expert. I can only help to a certain extent.
    But there are many members with far more superior knowledge. They will chip in and help you.

davidhk, Jan 19, 2016
  13. Surreal90 Win User

Hi davidhk, This is what happend after i did scanow:
    Code: Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios.[/quote] and that was the result after i did the dism command:
    Code: Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10586.0 Image Version: 10.0.10586.0 [==========================100.0%==========================] Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source. The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log[/quote] What would you suggest?

Surreal90, Jan 19, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    Your dism .......> restorehealth said " source files could not be found" because your ISO has the Install.esd.

You need the Install.wim which can be obtained by downloading the ISO from Tech Bench.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > leave it there.

Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

davidhk, Jan 19, 2016
  15. Surreal90 Win User
    Okay, Here are the results:
    Code: C:\Windows\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10586.0 Image Version: 10.0.10586.0 [==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully. The operation completed successfully.[/quote] Code: C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios.[/quote] I'm gonna restart my PC now and see how it would look like.

Update: After restarting my PC, It still look the same *Sad.

Surreal90, Jan 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Use account missing some folders - Similar Threads - account missing folders

2. Missing User Account Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing User Account Desktop Folder: I bought a new PC with Windows 11 already installed. When I tried to save something to my user folder's desktop folder, it does not exist:I found out it is using my OneDrive desktop folder. I tried adding a desktop folder to the user account, reboot, but it still uses the...
  3. Missing User Account Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing User Account Desktop Folder: I bought a new PC with Windows 11 already installed. When I tried to save something to my user folder's desktop folder, it does not exist:I found out it is using my OneDrive desktop folder. I tried adding a desktop folder to the user account, reboot, but it still uses the...
  4. missing some files and folders using Robocopy command

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    missing some files and folders using Robocopy command: We are planning to midgrade our fileserver from server 2012 R2 to 2019. When running robocopy to transfer files and fodders to 2012 R server to 2019, it shows no failed. However, if I check drive size and files copied on these two server, they are different.2012 R2 shows...
  5. Robocopy missing some files and folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Robocopy missing some files and folders: We are planning to midgrade our fileserver from server 2012 R2 to 2019. When running robocopy to transfer files and fodders to 2012 R server to 2019, it shows no failed. However, if I check drive size and files copied on these two server, they are different.2012 R2 shows...
  6. Some missing desktop icons and folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some missing desktop icons and folders: I had a shock a few days ago when I switched on my PC Windows 10 +all updates and booted up to the desktop. Instead of the usual 10 or so Icons, there were only 5 Icons. Even worse, when I started Windows Explorer, I found that My Documents was completely empty. Not a single...
  7. Missing emails in some folders e.g junk / spam

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Missing emails in some folders e.g junk / spam: Hi folks for those using IMAP with Outlook you might be missing some emails - particularly as there's some sort of "duplicity" between SPAM and JUNK folders -- you might only see a SPAM folder when it should be JUNK or the other way around (depending on ISP) To get access...
  8. File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder: Hello, File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder than are present under C:\Users\billf How can I fix "This PC" folder? Thanks, Bill Fee...
  9. Some folders are missing in File History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some folders are missing in File History: I have a strange issue because I can find some folders in Properties but File History panel doesn’t show them. How can I make them visible from the Control Panel?...
  10. Explorer Bug, Last used folders missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Bug, Last used folders missing: ​Usually, when you right-clock the "file explorer" all the last used folders are showing on-top of it (right circle on image/​attachment), I thought ihe bug would just go away but after 1 week it's annoying as ever Anyone knows how to fix this?? 23829