Windows 10: Use an Azure AD Account as a template to create a new user on a new laptop

Discus and support Use an Azure AD Account as a template to create a new user on a new laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, My company uses Laptops which are Azure AD joined. After a user AccountA leaving the company, we need to create a new user AccountB on a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by philgood031, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Use an Azure AD Account as a template to create a new user on a new laptop

Hello, My company uses Laptops which are Azure AD joined. After a user AccountA leaving the company, we need to create a new user AccountB on a new laptop with the same profile and applications as AccountA. Do you know if we are able to do it wiht powershell or a software? I tried transwiz but it is not able adding an AzureAD account to a new laptop. Hope it will be clear for someone. Thank you.

:)

philgood031, Aug 11, 2022
  2. Dino-M Win User

Disconnecting on prem AD and then joining Azure AD creates new Windows profile?

Hello everyone,

I have a question about joining computers in my firm from on prem AD to Azure AD. When someone new arrives at our firm (new employee), there is a fresh installation of Windows 10. It is easy to join Azure AD
    because it is a fresh start, but now we have to migrate all Windows 10 users that are on prem AD to Azure AD. When I disconnect those users from our local on prem AD and join them to Azure AD, whole new Windows 10 profile is created, without any of settings,
    data or anything else on that profile (clean profile with few applications that are installed computer-wide). So my question is, is there any solution to keep their profile settings from before they joined Azure AD? Or I will have to simply tell them to backup
    everything (essential data).

What I tried so far:

• Tried tools for migration like ForensiT (User Profile Wizard, User Profile Manager and Transwiz, just to see if it is going to work) - not successful
    • Tried changing profile path from registry - not successful
    • Tried log in with the old credentials example: CONTOSO\user (because after I joined that computer to Azure AD user should log in as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***) - not successful
    Is there anything else I can try? Thanks for your answers.

Dino-M, Aug 11, 2022
  3. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Aug 11, 2022
  4. Use an Azure AD Account as a template to create a new user on a new laptop

Adding a new user

Hi Alex,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

• Type settings on the Windows search bar and select
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts, and click on
      Family & other users
      on the left pane.

• Now you can add new user account.
    Also visit the below link on how to create new user account. (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Create a user account in Windows

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

Use an Azure AD Account as a template to create a new user on a new laptop

1. Use an Azure AD Account as a template to create a new user on a new laptop - Similar Threads - Azure Account template

2. Use an Azure AD Account as a template to create a new user on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use an Azure AD Account as a template to create a new user on a new laptop: Hello, My company uses Laptops which are Azure AD joined. After a user AccountA leaving the company, we need to create a new user AccountB on a new laptop with the same profile and applications as AccountA. Do you know if we are able to do it wiht powershell or a software? I...
  3. Use an Azure AD Account as a template to create a new user on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use an Azure AD Account as a template to create a new user on a new laptop: Hello, My company uses Laptops which are Azure AD joined. After a user AccountA leaving the company, we need to create a new user AccountB on a new laptop with the same profile and applications as AccountA. Do you know if we are able to do it wiht powershell or a software? I...
  4. Adding New User, Account Is Corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding New User, Account Is Corrupted: When I create a new user account, the desktop is corrupted.The start menu has a transparent background so items are unreadableSettings Home screen is OK but and option is unusable. most sections of a sub page randomly flash background colours, predominantly transparent.I have...
  5. Problems with adding a new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with adding a new user account: Following a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 I've repeatedly added a family member as an account user on the PC. Each time after getting the usual "Please wait" and "We're sorting it" messages the new user desktop opens with a message saying there is not enough disk space -...
  6. Create new User account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create new User account: Split from this thread. Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10! Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice how to repair my very LIGHT corrupted user in Win 10. I want to keep all the "links" the user has. My outlook mails mostly...
  7. Building new laptops which join Azure AD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Building new laptops which join Azure AD: Good Evening, We are currently rolling out new laptops to users within our organisation. I would like to get these pre-built before I go to site to issue the laptops out, but at the moment I cant because I need the user to log into the account to personalise the user...
  8. can't create new user account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't create new user account: win 10 installed on a cow chip labeled ASUS. I can't create a new account. Only have one admin account, The tab to create a new user is missing. Tried to create one through Settings. Get message the snapin cannot be used. All this started when I tried to give read only rights...
  9. Added a new user account to computer

Added a new user account to computer: Hi, I had an account on my wife's computer, (it was my old computer), I deleted it to save some room on here HD. Then I added a new user, using the same user name and password that is on this computer. I just signed in to the new account and it went through the motions of...
  10. Unable to Create New User Account

Unable to Create New User Account: I have tried creating a new User Account but like the Start Menu, it just won't open. Anyone else had this problem? 15808