Windows 10: Use another PC as second display?

Discus and support Use another PC as second display? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm wondering if Windows 10 has the capability to extend the display to a 2nd pc? I have another Win10 PC on my desk and when it is idle, it would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by martin, Oct 28, 2015.

1. martin Win User

Use another PC as second display?

I'm wondering if Windows 10 has the capability to extend the display to a 2nd pc? I have another Win10 PC on my desk and when it is idle, it would be nice to use its display for content on my main PC.
    Thanks

:)

martin, Oct 28, 2015

2. Use laptop as second monitor

Not sure if it would apply to your situation, but try
    Mouse Without Borders
    free from Microsoft. I haven't used it myself.

laudablepus, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Use laptop as second monitor

Hi,

Windows 10 has a feature that allows transmitting of media content from a PC or any other compatible devices by projecting it.
    Every laptop has its own capability and features based on their manufacturers. You can visit your manufacturer's website: How to Setup Multiple Monitors in Microsoft Windows 10 | Dell Deutschland
    for instructions.

Let us know if you found this link useful.

Johann Eva, Oct 28, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Welcome to Ten Forums !
    Believe means of this would be from the video card, can you list the one you have make and model. Connect another display to video card, not connect one PC to another would be usually for transferring files, but not familiar with that processs.

jds63, Oct 29, 2015
  5. martin Win User
    Thanks for the reply jds63!
    I'm thinking more along the lines of a software based 2nd monitor setup, having the 2nd monitor driven by a separate Win10 PC through the network. Of course I'm not expecting to play games or videos on the 2nd monitor, just to have a couple of windows open. I did some further research and found Synergy - Mouse and keyboard sharing software , I think I'll give that a try.

martin, Oct 29, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Welcome, although not familiar with this process but sure there are others here who are, i do get more of what you meant now.

jds63, Oct 29, 2015
  7. Joshy Win User
    Joshy, Oct 29, 2015
  8. martin Win User

Joshy, thank you for pointing me to Mouse without borders, that program is nice! It's a bit different than what I was after but I should be able to work with it.
    Cheers,

martin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Use another PC as second display? - Similar Threads - another second display

2. Using another laptop as a second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using another laptop as a second monitor: Having problems casting/projecting from one laptop to another. Both have Windows 11. They can detect each other but just won't connect/project. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-another-laptop-as-a-second-monitor/fcbf088f-038d-41d6-b54d-f80858d7eecc
  3. Using another laptop as a second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using another laptop as a second monitor: Having problems casting/projecting from one laptop to another. Both have Windows 11. They can detect each other but just won't connect/project. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-another-laptop-as-a-second-monitor/fcbf088f-038d-41d6-b54d-f80858d7eecc
  4. Second Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second Display: I'm unable to detect my second display since upgrading computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-display/47032ee7-f129-4521-abd2-94986695d0dd
  5. Second Display

Second Display: I'm unable to detect my second display since upgrading computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-display/47032ee7-f129-4521-abd2-94986695d0dd
  6. Second Display connected to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Display connected to PC: I would like to use a second display the TV attached to my PC to play movies.I DO NOT want to extend, duplicate or even see the second display as part of my desktop window.I want to play movies to it, maybe from a browser on demand, which would be ideal, maybe from a special...
  7. Second Display connected to PC

Second Display connected to PC: I would like to use a second display the TV attached to my PC to play movies.I DO NOT want to extend, duplicate or even see the second display as part of my desktop window.I want to play movies to it, maybe from a browser on demand, which would be ideal, maybe from a special...
  8. How to use another WIndows device as a second monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use another WIndows device as a second monitor?: Hello,I have a new laptop running Windows 11, and I want to use my Surface as a second monitor.My Surface Go is running Windows 10, and I am not able to use the connect app successfully.Is there a way to use my Surface as a second monitor?Thanks for help in advance....
  9. How to use another WIndows device as a second monitor?

How to use another WIndows device as a second monitor?: Hello,I have a new laptop running Windows 11, and I want to use my Surface as a second monitor.My Surface Go is running Windows 10, and I am not able to use the connect app successfully.Is there a way to use my Surface as a second monitor?Thanks for help in advance....
  10. How to use old monitor as second display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use old monitor as second display: Hi everyone. I’m having trouble setting up a relatively older monitor as a second display with my Windows 10 laptop. The laptop only has an HDMI port (as expected). The monitor does not have an HDMI connection and only has the older connector (I believe it’s serial but I...