Windows 10: Use Apple keyboard on Windows 10 (F-keys do not work)?

Discus and support Use Apple keyboard on Windows 10 (F-keys do not work)? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use the Apple "Magic Keyboard" with Windows 10, but I cannot use the F-keys (F1-12), but I would like to have functions like louder/quieter,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaxBananda, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Use Apple keyboard on Windows 10 (F-keys do not work)?

I use the Apple "Magic Keyboard" with Windows 10, but I cannot use the F-keys (F1-12), but I would like to have functions like louder/quieter, brightness,... can use. (The keys are recognized by the system, but as if I would hold down the "Fn" or "Num Lock" key)

Can anyone help me with this?

Many thanks in advance.

:)

MaxBananda, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Wile E Win User

PrntScrn-button not available on Apple-keyboard when using WinXP?!

F14 is Print Screen in Windows. I use an Apple Keyboard in Windows all the time.

EDIT: Accidentally listed the wrong key the first time. It is now corrected.

Wile E, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Swandy Win User
    Getting "special" keys on Apple Bluetooth Keyboard to work with Win 10

I have Windows 10 (upgraded from Win 7.1) installed on an iMac on a Bootcamp partition. When I was running Windows 7.1, all the function keys (to control brightness, volume, music playing) worked perfectly. Now under Windows 10 none of them work. And yes, I did go into the setup and try turning on and off the check box for whether or not the keys performed as Function keys with and without holding the FN key.
    Any ideas/suggestions? If I go into Bluetooth devices, the keyboard is shown properly as an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard.
    Thanks.

Swandy, Aug 6, 2020
  4. bro67 Win User

Use Apple keyboard on Windows 10 (F-keys do not work)?

bro67, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Use Apple keyboard on Windows 10 (F-keys do not work)?

1. Use Apple keyboard on Windows 10 (F-keys do not work)? - Similar Threads - Apple keyboard keys

2. F keys not working how they normally do

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F keys not working how they normally do: On my Dell Inspiron 15 with windows 10 the F keys are not working how they normally would. F3 is to increase audio but instead it brings up a bar at the bottom of the screen to search the page for certain words like when you use ctrl+f. None of the keys are working correctly....
  3. F keys not working how they normally do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F keys not working how they normally do: On my Dell Inspiron 15 with windows 10 the F keys are not working how they normally would. F3 is to increase audio but instead it brings up a bar at the bottom of the screen to search the page for certain words like when you use ctrl+f. None of the keys are working correctly....
  4. F keys not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F keys not working: Hi,I have a Mac book pro with windows 10 pro installed and activated. My F5, F6 keyboard lights, rewind F7, forwardF9, Volume down F11, and volume up F12 do not work. The rest of the keys do. I am not the first owner of this Mac book and last owner had it programmed...
  5. Number keys on apple keyboard not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Number keys on apple keyboard not working on windows 10: I'm currently using an apple keyboard on a windows 10 pc and the numbers are not working, also certain keys like ctrl aren't working either. The numbers on the keypad is working fine, but not the numbers on the top row. submitted by /u/qwerty67843 [link] [comments]...
  6. keyboard f keys not working in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard f keys not working in windows 10: Hello, the f keys are not doing what they are supposed to on my Lenovo Ideapad 330s. If I push one of them they either do not work at all or send me to a page that I do not won't. All of my soft wear is up to date and I do not have any other problems that I am aware of....
  7. Delete key / Apple Keyboard

Delete key / Apple Keyboard: I have an older Apple bluetooth keyboard (this one: https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Wireless-Keyboard-Bluetooth-Refurbished/dp/B0146YF1FO) that I am using with a Win10 laptop. Is there a key combination to get delete key functionality? main thing I want to do is easily delete...
  8. Remap Apple keyboard to work with Windows 10.

Remap Apple keyboard to work with Windows 10.: I recently switched from Mac to PC but I love the Apple keyboard. I want to use it on my PC but also want to remap some keys, like that darned command/control key. How do I do that on Windows 10? submitted by /u/Pixie-Empire [link] [comments]...
  9. Use Laptop F-key shortcuts on the On-Screen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use Laptop F-key shortcuts on the On-Screen Keyboard: is it possible? I'm looking for any article to see if I could use my Lenovo F key shortcuts such as volume or brightness or basically anything you can do with the Action Center Just without using the action center. I'm about to go check out my Lenovo device website and ask...
  10. The F keys on the keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The F keys on the keyboard: For some reason, anytime I press the keys on the top of my laptop's computer, such as the volume or brightness buttons, it just goes straight to the F key's function, such as opening inspect. What can I do to fix this?...