Windows 10: Use clipboard contents in shortcut target

Discus and support Use clipboard contents in shortcut target in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I need to have the part of the target in my shortcut change automatically with my clipboard contents. How could I achieve this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mosquitobrain, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Use clipboard contents in shortcut target

Hello, I need to have the part of the target in my shortcut change automatically with my clipboard contents. How could I achieve this?

:)

Mosquitobrain, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Mike vd M Win User

Office Clipboard: Work Content not supported (WIP)

Hi Rick,

The problem only occurs using the Office Clipboard (that is capable of remembering more copy actions), not the Windows Clipboard. And i have followed the WIP steps. And the issue is that i cannot find how to allow the Office Clipboard to allow Work content.
    As the default Windows clipboard does work.

Regards,

Mike

Mike vd M, Jun 15, 2020
  3. how to view clipboard contents?

Open MS Word, then press Ctrl+V to paste the clipboard.

Frederik Long, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Abi99 (2) Win User

Use clipboard contents in shortcut target

BUG REPORT - When using @ (at sign) on Croatian keyboard, system pastes clipboard contents

You found a place where the behavior is different, which is very interesting. Thanks for sharing! However at that place in the phone menu, the same behavior is shown by Hungarian for example. Or stated differently, there are two behaviors:

Case 1 – mentioned here in this thread

Steps to reproduce

• put some text into the clipboard
    • All apps » Outlook Mail » New » To » enter the sign ‘@’
    Expected results

Only the ‘@’ sign should be inserted.

Actual results

The ‘@’ is inserted and the clipboard content is appended.

Case 2 – mentioned in that other thread

Steps to reproduce

• put some text into the clipboard
    • All apps » Messaging » New » Message » enter the sign ‘@’
    Expected results

Only the ‘@’ sign should be inserted.

Actual results

The ‘@’ is not inserted but the clipboard content is appended.

Regression

So far, this is confirmed behavior for the Hungarian, Czech, Slovak, and Croatian keyboards.

Notes

Microsoft does not leverage Microsoft Answers for bug reporting. Why ever. Therefore here, such reports drown in the Internet swarm. Nevertheless, it is good to report such software bugs in a discussion board, because the bug can be edited, commented, and
    ‘closed’ when a workaround or solution is known. Anyway to report a problem, Microsoft wants you to use the app Windows Feedback, which is included since Windows 10 Mobile. To switch Windows Feedback to the English, please, go for All Apps » Settings » Time
    & language » Keyboard » add English (United States) and then switch the keyboard within the app Windows Feedback (at the bottom).

Abi99 (2), Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Use clipboard contents in shortcut target

1. Use clipboard contents in shortcut target - Similar Threads - clipboard contents shortcut

2. Problem with Shortcut "Specfied in the target path is not Valid"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Shortcut "Specfied in the target path is not Valid": I need to copy a new shortcut to Users PC. I am trying to create the shortcut on my PC but I do not have the program installed. "Office 2016 Standard x86" . I have O365 installed.Windows will not let me create a shortcut to a path that does not exist.yes i could create on...
  3. Changing The Clipboard Shortcut key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing The Clipboard Shortcut key: I would like to know if there is a way to change the shortcut key to open the clipboard on my laptop keyboard windows 10 for example instead of it being Windows + V the shortcut becomes Alt + V or Ctrl + V etc…...
  4. Changing The Clipboard Shortcut key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing The Clipboard Shortcut key: I would like to know if there is a way to change the shortcut key to open the clipboard on my laptop keyboard windows 10 for example instead of it being Windows + V the shortcut becomes Alt + V or Ctrl + V etc…...
  5. Viewing Clipboard Contents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing Clipboard Contents: When I hold the windows key and hit "v" I do not get a display of the clipboard contents. I am using Windows 10 and a Chrome browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-clipboard-contents/4cdb418f-28b0-4d25-9604-7ef44ada10aa
  6. how to view clipboard contents?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to view clipboard contents?: how to view clipboard contents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-view-clipboard-contents/66a3b49c-d3b5-42d6-88eb-15b8896e5b53
  7. Finding the target file of a keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding the target file of a keyboard shortcut: Short version of my question: I'd like to change a keyboard shortcut that starts an app, but I've forgotten the location of the shortcut file that is targeted by the relevant keystrokes. How can I change the keyboard shortcut? Longer version of my question: I originally set...
  8. The Target of this Internet Shortcut is not valid!

in Browsers and Email
    The Target of this Internet Shortcut is not valid!: Hi, Just turned computer on, and upon starting found "File Explorer" icon in Taskbar to be "flashing" together with the error message..... The Target of this Internet Shortcut is not valid! I am using Mozilla Firefox as opposed to Internet Explorer, (IE being turned off)....
  9. Unable to edit target location on shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to edit target location on shortcuts: Good day team, This is my first ever post here. I have browsed all over the internet for an answer but I just can't seem to find it. I am an avid Simcity 4 player, and I alwyas have to edit the target location of my shortcut in order to modify some tings like: skipping the...
  10. Google will stop scanning Gmail content for ad targeting

in Windows 10 News
    Google will stop scanning Gmail content for ad targeting: Later this year, Google will stop relying on the content of consumer Gmail messages to serve up personalized ads, the company announced Friday. Consumer Gmail content will not be used or scanned for ads, the company said, bringing the consumer version of the popular email...