Windows 10: Use Converted ISO from one hdd to a new one?

Discus and support Use Converted ISO from one hdd to a new one? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Not sure If my title is clear but here is what I would like to accomplish. My apologies if this has been answered somewhere else or needs to be moved.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Climo, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Climo Win User

Use Converted ISO from one hdd to a new one?

Not sure If my title is clear but here is what I would like to accomplish. My apologies if this has been answered somewhere else or needs to be moved.

Download the free upgrade on my existing win 7 laptop but not install it. Make an ISO from the downloaded ESD file as noted in the tutorials. Then remove my hdd which has win 7 installed and replace it with a new SSD. Then using the ISO proceed with a clean install of win 10. Would this work? Or does the ESD/ISO file 'tag' the hdd in some way that would prevent it from installing on a new hdd? If anything goes wrong during install or have issues with drivers later on I could always swap back in my win 7 hdd and be up and running like nothing happened. New to all this but little weary of doing an upgrade since In case I need to install win 7 back for some reason its a long process instead of just swapping hdd's. Thanks!

:)

Climo, Jul 23, 2015

2. Windows 10 reinstall

I bought a new hdd to replace my old one which is having a problem. If I install windows 10 to it using an ISO, will it be activated? If not is there a way to transfer the activation from the old hdd to the new one? or do I have to install Win8 and upgrade
    again?

wartiger01, Jul 23, 2015
  3. Boblink Win User
    Migrating W10 from a defective HDD to a "new" HDD

Thanks guys, I think you've given me enough information to get myself in trouble or I should say, myself out of trouble.

Thanks guys,

Bob

Boblink, Jul 23, 2015
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Try it then tell us how you get on!

Don't do an upgrade until post release on 29th., if you are sure that you will lose nothing you need by making proper backups.

Fafhrd, Jul 23, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    we are all hoping to make an iso from the download

6. Climo Win User
    I see guess we wait for release day to know for sure! I just assumed it was possible with the release version also. Has anyone tried what I implied with the technical preview versions?

Climo, Jul 23, 2015
  7. I'd much prefer that MS provide the ISO ala Windows Media Creation Tool

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Use Converted ISO from one hdd to a new one? - Similar Threads - Converted ISO hdd

2. Install Windows 11 ISO image from one drive to another new drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows 11 ISO image from one drive to another new drive: I have a new SSD PCIeX4 drive and I would like to do a fresh install of Windows 11 on to this drive. I have three drives installed. One, the old 2TB disc that I am running from now, another SATA SSD that I have backups on and the new SSD PCIeX4 drive. I would like to download...
  3. Install Windows 11 ISO image from one drive to another new drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Windows 11 ISO image from one drive to another new drive: I have a new SSD PCIeX4 drive and I would like to do a fresh install of Windows 11 on to this drive. I have three drives installed. One, the old 2TB disc that I am running from now, another SATA SSD that I have backups on and the new SSD PCIeX4 drive. I would like to download...
  4. One ISO for two computers

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    One ISO for two computers: Can I use one ISO (Win10 home burned to a DVD) on two identical computers? These are both HP desktops with different license keys .... I only want to do this once for "just in case" a clean install is ever needed on either one. I will use the appropriate key for each desktop...
  5. Using Windows 10 from an unusable computer to a new one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Windows 10 from an unusable computer to a new one: I installed Windows 10 on an iMac with Parallels. However, after numerous problems, I have deleted the Windows 10 virtual machine so that it is no longer on my iMac. What do I need to do, if anything, to install Windows 10 on a Windows laptop using the same product key that...
  6. Activating Windows 10 Pro from died HDD to a new one.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 Pro from died HDD to a new one.: Hi there :) I was wondering if i can activate my Windows 10 Pro on another harddrive. My old harddrive died, mostly because my old motherboard wasnt compatible with new Windows update,so i bought a new hdd and new motherboard. Is it possible to activate windows thats tied...
  7. Convert only one disk from MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Convert only one disk from MBR to GPT: I have one SSD and other normal HDD. On SSD, i installed window 10 and on HDD normal data. Both are MBR partition. So my question is can i re-install new window 10 using GPT partition on SSD without interrupting other hard-drive....
  8. converting multiple tiff files into one

in Windows 10 Customization
    converting multiple tiff files into one: how do I convert multiple tiff files into one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/converting-multiple-tiff-files-into-one/f5005fa8-7bdf-4d50-85fe-6393edfea289
  9. Extract A Single Version from All-in-One ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extract A Single Version from All-in-One ISO: Hello. I have a Windows 8.1 PC with UEFI BIOS. I am going to upgrade this Windows with Windows 10. I downloaded the ISO because recently I formatted this PC so inorder to get the free upgrade is a long way! Unfortunately, the ISO I downloaded is an All-In-One type and is...
  10. One drive on external hdd

in Windows 10 Support
    One drive on external hdd: My new computer has a tiny internal hdd so I want to put my one drive on my external hdd. How do I do that? By the way I just ordered the new computer so I do not have it yet. 89186