Windows 10: Use Cortana in text fields?

Discus and support Use Cortana in text fields? in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello to the group, I am used to speak text into input fields on my iPad and Android phone, e.g. on WhatsApp. This works very well by now ;-). In Word... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ArminOberl, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Use Cortana in text fields?

Hello to the group, I am used to speak text into input fields on my iPad and Android phone, e.g. on WhatsApp. This works very well by now ;-). In Word 365 on Windows 10, speech recognition is now also available. Question: How can I activate speech recognition (microphone icon) in input fields system-wide on Windows 10? Plugin for any browser would also be nice. Many thanks in advance, Armin

:)

ArminOberl, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Hellopaul Win User

Using the tab key to hop between text fields highlights all buttons

Hello,
    Whenever a dialog box pops up in Windows 10, if it contains text input fields and clickable buttons/radio buttons/checkboxes, pressing the tab key steps through every single item in the dialog box, which is very annoying and, to me, pointless. Do I recall that there might be a way to limit this behaviour so the tab key only highlights text input boxes, and not every single element? I can't find anything useful in Windows 10's Settings/Control Panel - am I missing something or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hellopaul, Jun 22, 2020
  3. E63 Text Messaging HowTo - move cursor to text entry field

I do not know how to "immediately" switch between the recipient field and the text field, especially when the pointer is in the middle of long list of recipients or long text field. However, when there are many recipients and the pointer is not at the
    top or end, I use Ctrl-a to select them, then use DownNaviButton to move it to the end of recipient field, then DownNaviButton again to move to text field. When the pointer is somewhere in long text field, I use Ctrl-UpNaviButton to move pointer to the beginning
    of text field, then UpNaviButton again to move to recipient field.

dldldl---01, Jun 22, 2020
  4. wdrs Win User

Use Cortana in text fields?

Disappearing Cortana

I had Cortana and loved her, but she then disappeared and even after reinstalling the Windows Pro 10 preview she has not reappeared. I know that she was not originally in the UK, but I am now on build 9926 and was advised that Cortana was now available, but she has mysteriously vanished, and I cannot even enter text into the search field.
    Any suggestions?

Thema:

Use Cortana in text fields?

1. Use Cortana in text fields? - Similar Threads - Cortana text fields

2. Why is the text field in the upper left corner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the text field in the upper left corner?: Why is the text field in the upper left corner? Give me an explanation please and then how to fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-text-field-in-the-upper-left-corner/0cffe278-464f-4a1d-a815-0574f9ba80a7
  3. Summon a Text Field?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Summon a Text Field?: Sometimes, it is useful to create a text file, open it, write something, and copy it - so that you can save the text into clipboard. Is there any way to create a "text field" without creating a new text file? submitted by /u/Des0 [link] [comments]...
  4. Hacked or Bugs? Text fields

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hacked or Bugs? Text fields: Within Firefox and now today in a game and discord I'm getting text being entered into web text forms, discord chat boxes and even in game chat. I have visually watched the letters be entered while I'm not touching the keyboard. The text seems to be things that I typed hours...
  5. Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working

in Cortana
    Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working: I have tried all these suggested fixes and none of them fix either of the two problems. https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/file-explorer-search-not-working.html I am wondering if anyone else had this dual problem? I see there is a Powershell script I can run...
  6. Mouse "thinking" and text fields being deselected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse "thinking" and text fields being deselected: I'm not sure if this belongs here but I thought I would try. : You know the little blue wheel that pops up beside your mouse when it's "thinking"? Mine is doing this every few seconds. I believe at the same time, if I'm typing in a text box, it gets deselected. I can't type...
  7. Using the tab key to hop between text fields highlights all buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Using the tab key to hop between text fields highlights all buttons: Hello, Whenever a dialog box pops up in Windows 10, if it contains text input fields and clickable buttons/radio buttons/checkboxes, pressing the tab key steps through every single item in the dialog box, which is very annoying and, to me, pointless. Do I recall that there...
  8. How To Enable Typing Into Search Field (Cortana field?)

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Enable Typing Into Search Field (Cortana field?): I now find, to my great surprise, that I can't type in the Search field at bottom left. The cursor will go there but nothing will happen to it when I start typing. This is amazing. This computer. Endless problems. I have two computer each with win10 and each installed at...
  9. How to have text entry fields in a pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to have text entry fields in a pdf: win 10 need capabilities of acrobat or adobe reader but cannot install acrobat in 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-have-text-entry-fields-in-a-pdf/0d769a44-b40c-4700-a5c5-1b89e34f11a4
  10. search field and cortana wont function

in Windows 10 Support
    search field and cortana wont function: Hi all I installed a new version of Windows 10 pro. The search function and cortana was working fine. My IT person joined the company domain and everything still worked correctly. We did updates and lost the use of the search bar and cortana. The start button works fine...