Windows 10: Use different taskbar locations on different displays

Discus and support Use different taskbar locations on different displays in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I first upgraded, the taskbar on my first display was located on the left side of the display and the taskbar on my second display was located on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nathan, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Nathan Win User

Use different taskbar locations on different displays

When I first upgraded, the taskbar on my first display was located on the left side of the display and the taskbar on my second display was located on the bottom. I liked this. But I wanted to see how I'd like having both on left hand side. I went into taskbar properties. `Taskbar location on screen` was set to `custom` and I changed it to `left`.

I decided I didn't like this and wanted to change it back. But `custom` no longer appeared in this drop down and I couldn't find any other option to change them separately. Is there any way to change it back? Perhaps a specific registry key?

:)

Nathan, Aug 6, 2015

2. Sync to different Outlooks at different locations

I have a Dell Pocket PC ( Axim X30). Currently I sync to my Outlook 2003 at home through a partnership. Is there a way to sync the same partnership at work, with that Outlook?

robertthew, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Sync to different Outlooks at different locations

You can sync indeed with a second desktop with the same profile,

Johan van Mierlo, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Use different taskbar locations on different displays

I just dragged them with my mouse. On my left monitor it now vertical on the left, bottom on my center monitor, and vertically on the right on my right monitor. To be honest, I didn't know you could do that? I knew you could move them, just not different on each monitor. I'm kind of liking it this way actually.

alphanumeric, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Nathan Win User
    @alphanumeric, thanks! That answered my question. Just to go into a little more detail. The `Lock the taskbar` option has to be unchecked. And you can only drag the task bar from the far bottom or left end.

Nathan, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Ah, one of the first things I do is unlock the taskbar. Just a very old habit. I can drag the taskbar to any of the 4 sides of my monitor. I have it set to display the taskbar on all monitors. I'm on my laptop at the moment, but I run dual displays on it. I can put the taskbar on any side I want on each monitor.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Use different taskbar locations on different displays

1. Use different taskbar locations on different displays - Similar Threads - different taskbar locations

2. Is there a way with Dual Monitors to place taskbar in different locations on each in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way with Dual Monitors to place taskbar in different locations on each in...: like in this question i'd like to know but this question is only for win 10 because i do not know how do i unlock taskbar in win 11i'd rather a quick help please...
  3. Is there a way with Dual Monitors to place taskbar in different locations on each in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way with Dual Monitors to place taskbar in different locations on each in...: like in this question i'd like to know but this question is only for win 10 because i do not know how do i unlock taskbar in win 11i'd rather a quick help please...
  4. differing Monitor displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    differing Monitor displays: My two expansion monitors used to display the same background as my main one in extended mode. the main display is the same but the extras only show a Black background...
  5. Is there a way with Dual Monitors to place taskbar in different locations on each?

Is there a way with Dual Monitors to place taskbar in different locations on each?: I have been using Windows 10 Pro. I changed the taskbar setting to custom somehow yesterday, without realizing it. This morning when I turned computer on, the taskbar was in different locations on each monitor. Seems it can be done, but I was not happy with the placements...
  6. Different temp location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Different temp location: What's the difference between C/windows/temp Vs Appdata/local/temp Experts reply it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-temp-location/643dd8a4-36f4-4d3f-b66d-eabe2e01f6e7"
  7. Maintaining different display configurations for different docks

Maintaining different display configurations for different docks: I have a Surface Book 2 which I use at home and at work. In both locations, I connect to a Surface Dock. At home I have a monitor connected to the dock and positioned to the left side of my PC. At work I have a monitor connected to the dock and positioned on the right side...
  8. Cortana shows different location

Cortana shows different location: I’ve purchased a new computer but Cortana shows completely different location than I am. What is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-shows-different-location/41038005-302d-43d7-a676-d3b78d4bd2bd
  9. Recent Activity - Location is different

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recent Activity - Location is different: Hi I checked my Recent Activity and noticed that my Location is quite different from where I am. I logged in using my desktop PC at home. I noticed also that the location looks like dependent on the IP address. Anyone can explain why this is happening? Or should I be...
  10. Different Display Size for Different Programs

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Different Display Size for Different Programs: OK, since I started using my SP4 with Win 10, I've noticed a number of things - particularly Java-based (but not all Java based)- appear at about half the size I'd like them to, and can't be adjusted. Now here's a new one. I have one piece of software that now appears...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. different taskbar for each monitor windows 10

2. taskbar at different side at different monitor

3. can i have the taskbar in different locations for different monitors

4. different taskbar location for different monitors