Windows 10: Use DiskPart to Create the OS Partition on Clean Install.

Discus and support Use DiskPart to Create the OS Partition on Clean Install. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Laptop HDD [ my preferred option as opposed to an SSD on this Laptop ] arriving on Friday and I want to use DiskPart to Setup the size of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul Black, May 4, 2021.

1. Use DiskPart to Create the OS Partition on Clean Install.

I have a Laptop HDD [ my preferred option as opposed to an SSD on this Laptop ] arriving on Friday and I want to use DiskPart to Setup the size of the OS Partition. The main reason I want to do it this way is because DiskPart can create an exact 30 GB Partition [ my OCD ] for example. Here are the steps that I tried the other day which did NOT work . . . Boot from the install USB. On the Windows Installation Screen press Shift + F10. diskpart list disk select disk 0 clean create partition primary size=30000 exit exit I intend to leave assign AND format fs=ntfs for Windows to perform as normal during the installation. Thanks.

:)

Paul Black, May 4, 2021

2. Use DiskPart to Create the OS Partition on Clean Install.

I have a Laptop HDD [ my preferred option as opposed to an SSD on this Laptop ] arriving on Friday and I want to use DiskPart to Setup the size of the OS Partition. The main reason I want to do it this way is because DiskPart can create an exact 30 GB Partition [ my OCD ] for example. Here are the steps that I tried the other day which did NOT work . . .

• Boot from the install USB.
    • On the Windows Installation Screen press Shift + F10.
    • diskpart
    • list disk
    • select disk 0
    • clean
    • create partition primary size=30000
    • exit
    • exit
    I intend to leave assign AND format fs=ntfs for Windows to perform as normal during the installation.

Thanks.

Paul Black, May 4, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Use DiskPart to Create the OS Partition on Clean Install.

Those were the steps I did.

Because I figured that Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, would have required Windows setup to create a separate system and/or recovery partition.

NavyLCDR, May 4, 2021
  4. Use DiskPart to Create the OS Partition on Clean Install.

Thanks for the reply @NavyLCDR, it is appreciated.

So basically, these are the steps . . .

[1] Boot from the installation USB.
    [2] On the Windows Installation Screen press Shift + F10.

• diskpart
    • list disk
    • select disk 0
    • clean
    • convert mbr
    • create partition primary size=30720
    • format fs=ntfs
    • active
    • exit
    • exit
    [3] Continue to the "Where do you want to install Windows?" screen.
    [4] Highlight Drive 0.
    [5] Click Next to continue the installation.

Paul Black, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Use DiskPart to Create the OS Partition on Clean Install. - Similar Threads - DiskPart Create Partition

2. Lost partitions after Diskpart clean with no OS support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost partitions after Diskpart clean with no OS support: I created a second partition in my HD for installing Windows 10 in the first I have Window 7 in dual boot but installation asks me a GPT disk so I execute these commands in this order:- diskpart- list disk- select disk- clean- convert gpt- exitAfter this I found that I have...
  3. Lost partitions after Diskpart clean with no OS support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost partitions after Diskpart clean with no OS support: I created a second partition in my HD for installing Windows 10 in the first I have Window 7 in dual boot but installation asks me a GPT disk so I execute these commands in this order:- diskpart- list disk- select disk- clean- convert gpt- exitAfter this I found that I have...
  4. Lost partitions after Diskpart clean with no OS support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Automate diskpart for Clean Install.

Automate diskpart for Clean Install.: I want to FULLY Automate a Clean Install on Disk 0 [ the ONLY internal HDD ] with . . . [1] OS on C:\ >>> size=30720 - 30GB [2] Data on D:\ >>> size=51200 - 50GB [3] System_Image on S:\ >>> size=30720 - 30GB I want to use a Script to achive this which I will run after...
  6. delete partition or volume diskpart is better or install with clean install setup delete...

delete partition or volume diskpart is better or install with clean install setup delete...: delete partition or volume diskpart is better or install with clean install setup delete partition for data recovery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-partition-or-volume-diskpart-is-better-or/10572254-4420-4ab1-9add-757d29441332
  7. Does diskpart "clean" command create entirely new partition table

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does diskpart "clean" command create entirely new partition table: I'm talking about erasing infected by malware drives. I want to be sure that no data is left, even no information about partition table. So does diskpart "clean" command create entirely new partition table?...
  8. Clean or delete partition error in DiskPart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean or delete partition error in DiskPart: selamn aleykm my friends when i say diskpartda clean it says virtual disk servicess error what is the solution 161380
  9. DISKPART tried to create a Partition, has not worked

DISKPART tried to create a Partition, has not worked: Hi Guys My nephew has tried to create a partition. It clearly hasn't worked. There is a 'D' Disk which is there, but not showing any files on it. I can't upload screenshots at the moment. Any experts out there, that can tell me what he's done? Disk### Status Size Free Disk...
  10. Clean Installation Created Partitions with Drive Letters?!

Clean Installation Created Partitions with Drive Letters?!: Greetings All, I clean installed Win 10 RTM version on my laptop a few weeks ago. I have a basic GPT setup. Installation went fine, however the installer created a 'Recovery' drive (D*Smile with a size of 600 MB (262 MB free) & a 'Local Disk' drive (E*Smile with a size...