Windows 10: Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Discus and support Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Great news xyz. *Party Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Joanne, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Great news xyz. *Party

Brink, Aug 4, 2015
  2. LittleJay Win User

Glad to hear you got things sorted!! *Thumbs

LittleJay, Aug 4, 2015
  3. bayustev Win User
    hi, im new. in here.

after reading this thread about dism, its similiar like 7, 8 ,8.1..
    but the different in windows 10..is i dont have disk image to do repair in limit access at first..so nothing works..in my previous windows..i have all complete with the box it self..lol all of them..
    so what i do is..download a windows media creation tools from microsoft..and choose upgrade other pc.
    then i choose the same version to my windows 8.1 version..
    so it goes..the download..after a while..i got that damn image..i burn it with very low speed..2x
    after that i start upgrading inside my windows 8.1 with that disk..everything when smooth..
    after the upgrade proceed done..i activated the windows..slmgr /ato..done
    then i turn on windows protection witch is not turn on by default..
    after all setup is done..i start dism command..with source repair from that image i burn..
    result is everything is fixed..so i have perfect installament of windows 10 now..

and about windows update..i dont have a failure update..until now just windows defender update..

thats it..thanks..for a the tutorial...

bayustev, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Neither one of these are valid DISM Commands..
    I have not found any reference to /Source:wim: or /Source:esd:

Normally the /source = the mounted image (mounted install.wim)

5. XYZ
    xyz Win User
    Go first page (Page 1) of this thread and see/read Number 6:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:D:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

(the D: in this or the K: in mine have to be replaced with your drive letter - mine was K*Smile

6. XYZ
    xyz Win User
    Quite a few people had this update failure - me included - even though it was already installed - the failure was in that it kept trying to re-install - however - after doing the Windows Media Creation Tool re-install - I have not had any further trouble with this! Glad to hear that you have had no trouble bayustev.

As for your W10 install method I am not sure I fully understand this - my technical knowledge is sadly very limited - but you seem to have found a unique way of doing this W10 install (by re-installing W8.1?) - also using Windows Media Creation Tool! Well great you got the install done without problems.

7. Your Powershell commands have errors, also they show different from the commands you give in the screenshots.

I tried to check my sources using the DVD, but the disc doesn't ever spin up when I do this. Am I doing something wrong?
    Is the install.wim file on the disc even readable?

HoneycombWX, Aug 21, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Honeycomb,

Thank you. The screenshots are correct, and the commands have been corrected.

It's best to have the ISO with the install.wim file on the hard drive if able.

Brink, Aug 21, 2015
  9. Hi Shawn,

I'm having problems with my Windows 10 Pro 64, which I get, upgrading from Windows 7.
    SFC and DISM are not working for me.
    I have read your refresh windows image tutorial but for this I will have to install all my programs, etc.
    So, I have seen this "upgrade from windows 10 to windows 10 again" that I assume will preserve all data and programs, right?
    How can I do this? Do I need the windows key or it is like the upgrade from Windows 7?
    Thanks,
    Jorge

Jorge Martins, Sep 8, 2015
  10. XYZ
    xyz Win User
    Hi Jorge,

don't know if this helps but on Page 6 (Post: #58) I describe roughly the process I went through to "upgrade from windows 10 to windows 10 again". I described in #58 how at a certain point I got to a (I think) purplish screen (or some such colour) where you get asked to put in your Windows key - at this point I got unsure because I was worried that if I entered the key I would get a new (clean) install (did not know for sure if this was the case, but didn't want to take the chance)... I think you will find the rest in my #58 Post. (you do first need to download a W10 System copy onto a Flash - I think mine was 4GB which was large enough - but NOTE: it will delete anything else on the drive - best use a clean Flash) AND NO, doing it my way I did not enter my Key anywhere (just kind of repaired the old W10 - and kept all my stuff). Check out the whole 7 Pages for other details that might help. Good Luck!

11. Thank you very much.

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 8, 2015
  13. Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

14. Cliff S New Member
    Hey Shawn, in one of the threads I'm following in the Microsoft community, someone linked this tut to part of their solution for activating .NET 3.5. *Thumbs: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...ge=7#LastReply

Cliff S, Sep 21, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image - Similar Threads - DISM Repair Image

2. Unable to repair Windows using dism.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to repair Windows using dism.: In general, the thing is, I decided one day to check the integrity of Windows, first I ran "sfc /scannow", he wrote that everything is in order, but when I run "dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth", he writes "The component store is repairable.", I decided to fix it by...
  3. Unable to repair Windows using dism.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to repair Windows using dism.: In general, the thing is, I decided one day to check the integrity of Windows, first I ran "sfc /scannow", he wrote that everything is in order, but when I run "dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth", he writes "The component store is repairable.", I decided to fix it by...
  4. Using DISM with a downloaded image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using DISM with a downloaded image: I'm trying to repair a windows 10 installation that is unstable even in safe mode.Within the recovery environment sfc reports errorsdism / online failsso I'm trying to use DISM with a downloaded image on a USB drive.wmic logicaldisk get name shows the USB drive as drive E:...
  5. Using DISM with a downloaded image

Using DISM with a downloaded image: I'm trying to repair a windows 10 installation that is unstable even in safe mode.Within the recovery environment sfc reports errorsdism / online failsso I'm trying to use DISM with a downloaded image on a USB drive.wmic logicaldisk get name shows the USB drive as drive E:...
  6. Using DISM with a downloaded image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Use DISM to repair external drive?

Use DISM to repair external drive?: I am trying to repair an external drive drive H: that won't boot from the PC it belongs to gives Windows errors on bootup, it is apparently running off of Windows 10 Pro version 1909. I have it docked to this PC which is running Windows 10 Pro version 21H2 drive C:. I found a...
  8. Repair Using DISM in Windows PE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Using DISM in Windows PE: I cannot boot my windows. Already tried automatic startup repair and resetting the PC which both failed. I have a flash drive containing windows 10. so how do I restore it? Restoring corrupt OS in windows 7 and xp was way more simpler than the newer OS. tsk!...
  9. Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image - Fundamentals explanation Pls

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image - Fundamentals explanation Pls: Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image - Fundamentals explanation Pls I have been reading the tutorial for hours and hours and need certain basic explanation in lay man terms. Did lot of google search but its always a bit more technical. 1. DISM command and SFC command It...
  10. DISM Error 0x80f001f...Use Source Option to repair Image

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Error 0x80f001f...Use Source Option to repair Image: Hi, I just completed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro...all was going fine, but I wanted to run both scf and DISM... If SFC was not able to repair some or all of the files there are a few options including a repair install from the OS dvd, and DISM (win 8 & UP) DISM...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Page 1 of 212LastApply Windows Image using DISM Instead of Clean Install