Windows 10: Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Discus and support Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Did you run this command from an elevated command prompt ( CMD run as Administrator) ? Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Joanne, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Yeah. This was the command i ran and it ended up in error just as the previous user and like countless others. I searched around via Bing and google yet there is no depiction of a working fix or a definition why or what this error is any where. *Sad

Shadow Delta, Oct 6, 2015
  2. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Oct 6, 2015
  3. Cliff S New Member
    Have you tried just:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:H:\sources\install.wim:1

Or:
    fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\&fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:&Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase&pause

Cliff S, Oct 6, 2015
  4. Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Tried them, Upgrade within windows didn't work as expected as it only showed an option to remove all files and the other options greyed out.
    Tried to run a startup repair option, and it provided an error log instead of working which at the end says
    Code: Root cause found: --------------------------- The operating system version is incompatible with Startup Repair[/quote] These issues | Even though these issues are not affecting day to day use of the system, Kinda still worried a bit that why it got these issues running.

Shadow Delta, Oct 7, 2015
  5. essenbe Win User
    Check what version of the OS you have installed and what version you have on the USB or ISO. It is saying they are different.

essenbe, Oct 7, 2015
  6. I have 32 Bit of version 10240 | and using the same ISO file which i used to Install the OS. an ESO-ISO Labelled x86 Installation ISO file downloaded via the media tool from MS. It has an Install.WIM file of 2.01 GB.

One thing strange which i noticed is that, It didn't show the license agreement as how it was in the screen shots, It was rather minimal like this :

Code: Your use of this software is subject to the terms and conditions of the license agreement by which you acquired this software. If you are a volume license customer, use of this software is subject to your volume license agreement. You may not use this software if you have not validly acquired a license for the software from Microsoft or its licensed distributors. EULAID:T1C_1R_1_ED_PS_V_en-us[/quote] And also there is a notification below which says.
    Code: You can't keep windows settings, personal files, and apps because your current version of windows might be installed in an unsupported directory.[/quote] Windows is in C:\ though. *Sad What is going on. *cry

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Did you move your user folder or anything else to another location?

Brink, Oct 7, 2015
  8. Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Everything is at the default place, the Users Dir, Program files, App data.
    I have tried clean install 3 times from 64 then to 32, then again with 32 bit, Without any luck with the updates issue.
    Especially the cumulative and security updates, can't install em even offline, Fails at 20% or so on reboot.

The failing updates are my worry. But then since everything works good enough. It's like being trapped, Won't be formatting again for quite some time due to busy schedule and important files. There may be some way to get these things right. *Smile or a fix from MS for these issues.

9. Cliff S New Member
    Do you have a metered connection?
    And is your time zone set correctly also is your system clock syncing(with Microsoft or nist.gov doesn't matter, just is the time always correct)?

Cliff S, Oct 7, 2015
  10. lx07 Win User
    The install.wim you get in the ISO from the media creation tool does not work (you still get an install.wim not an .esd - but it is compressed and fails with 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found").

You need to download the ISO from Tech Bench to use the /source option in dism.

You could try using that one and see if it helps...

11. essenbe Win User
    This is my download from the media creation tool. But, a new download wouldn't hurt.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image [​IMG]

essenbe, Oct 8, 2015
  12. lx07 Win User
    That only worked as there is nothing to repair. You get the error with /source if there is something to repair and the source you specified doesn't have it (for example from Windows update). Try renaming some .dll to .bak and retry.

The problem is (I think) dism does not recognize compressed .wim. @Kyhi knows better - he helped me out here.

Thema:

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

1. Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image - Similar Threads - DISM Repair Image

2. Unable to repair Windows using dism.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to repair Windows using dism.: In general, the thing is, I decided one day to check the integrity of Windows, first I ran "sfc /scannow", he wrote that everything is in order, but when I run "dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth", he writes "The component store is repairable.", I decided to fix it by...
  3. Unable to repair Windows using dism.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to repair Windows using dism.: In general, the thing is, I decided one day to check the integrity of Windows, first I ran "sfc /scannow", he wrote that everything is in order, but when I run "dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth", he writes "The component store is repairable.", I decided to fix it by...
  4. Using DISM with a downloaded image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using DISM with a downloaded image: I'm trying to repair a windows 10 installation that is unstable even in safe mode.Within the recovery environment sfc reports errorsdism / online failsso I'm trying to use DISM with a downloaded image on a USB drive.wmic logicaldisk get name shows the USB drive as drive E:...
  5. Using DISM with a downloaded image

Using DISM with a downloaded image: I'm trying to repair a windows 10 installation that is unstable even in safe mode.Within the recovery environment sfc reports errorsdism / online failsso I'm trying to use DISM with a downloaded image on a USB drive.wmic logicaldisk get name shows the USB drive as drive E:...
  6. Using DISM with a downloaded image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Use DISM to repair external drive?

Use DISM to repair external drive?: I am trying to repair an external drive drive H: that won't boot from the PC it belongs to gives Windows errors on bootup, it is apparently running off of Windows 10 Pro version 1909. I have it docked to this PC which is running Windows 10 Pro version 21H2 drive C:. I found a...
  8. Repair Using DISM in Windows PE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Using DISM in Windows PE: I cannot boot my windows. Already tried automatic startup repair and resetting the PC which both failed. I have a flash drive containing windows 10. so how do I restore it? Restoring corrupt OS in windows 7 and xp was way more simpler than the newer OS. tsk!...
  9. Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image - Fundamentals explanation Pls

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image - Fundamentals explanation Pls: Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image - Fundamentals explanation Pls I have been reading the tutorial for hours and hours and need certain basic explanation in lay man terms. Did lot of google search but its always a bit more technical. 1. DISM command and SFC command It...
  10. DISM Error 0x80f001f...Use Source Option to repair Image

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Error 0x80f001f...Use Source Option to repair Image: Hi, I just completed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro...all was going fine, but I wanted to run both scf and DISM... If SFC was not able to repair some or all of the files there are a few options including a repair install from the OS dvd, and DISM (win 8 & UP) DISM...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. eulaid:t1c_1r_1_ed_ps_v_en-us problem repair