Windows 10: Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language.

Discus and support Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Help me to learn how to set my keyboard, to use English keys but type Russian. I mean, set in such a way, when English letter "R" = Russian... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MSNSG, May 6, 2019.

1. MSNSG Win User

Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language.

Hello,

Help me to learn how to set my keyboard, to use English keys but type Russian.

I mean, set in such a way, when English letter "R" = Russian letter "Р"

***Changed Original Title From: Keyboard***

:)

MSNSG, May 6, 2019
  2. David Win User

Windows 10 English Display Language with Russian Input Method

I'm struggling to achieve what seems like a quite easy thing.

• I'm running a Windows 10 Laptop installed in English.
    • I live in Germany, so Country or region (Settings -> Time & Language -> Region & language) is set to Germany.
    • My Display Language is set to English (United States).
    • As I use a hardware keyboard with US layout, but still need to type some German stuff, I have two keyboard layouts added to the input language - US (default) and German.

So far, so good. But I recently started learning Russian and now I need to practice typing. I can't add the Russian keyboard layout to the English (United States) language - it simply doesn't show up in the list.

To add the keyboard layout to my hotkey switchable keyboard layout list is all I want. When I add Russian as a language it is obviously being ignored by the keyboard layout switch hotkey, since it's a completely new input method instead of just a keyboard layout, so it keeps switching between US and DE only.

This is what my language bar looks like with Russian added as a language:

Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language. LcEkk.png

Those are my advanced settings and language bar hotkeys:

Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language. IShZL.png

Can someone help? Many thanks in advance!

David, May 6, 2019
  3. Marched Win User
    Keyboard layouts and language settings appearing out of nowhere

I've had a similar problem, Initially I've had 2 keyboad layouts, English and russian. Then after one of the updates the system got 2 additional keyboard layouts for Ukrainian (which actually was not installed at all). I've deleted russian language, rebooted
    and voila - the two Ukrainian and one russian keyboard layouts were disappeared. I've added russian language/keyboard and now I've got 2 keyboad layouts, English and russian, as it was initially. F*you very much, Microsoft!

Marched, May 6, 2019
  4. Lekden Win User

Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language. - Similar Threads - English Keyboard Layout

2. Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.: Hi. I searched for an answer to this exact issue, but could only find answers telling me to delete English UK. That's not what I need.Basically, I bought a Win11 laptop not in the UK, so it doesn't have the UK layout with @ where " is located, and £ where # is located for...
  3. Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.: Hi. I searched for an answer to this exact issue, but could only find answers telling me to delete English UK. That's not what I need.Basically, I bought a Win11 laptop not in the UK, so it doesn't have the UK layout with @ where " is located, and £ where # is located for...
  4. Windows 11 unable to get rid russian language keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 unable to get rid russian language keyboard layout: it appears automatically, without any manual installation. and it is impossible to get rid of like the russians who came to your house. here are the screenshots.note this bug and fix it already!...
  5. Windows 11 unable to get rid russian language keyboard layout

Windows 11 unable to get rid russian language keyboard layout: it appears automatically, without any manual installation. and it is impossible to get rid of like the russians who came to your house. here are the screenshots.note this bug and fix it already!...
  6. Qwerty keyboard layout/English input, Korean output

Qwerty keyboard layout/English input, Korean output: Hi, I've been interested in adding Korean as a language to my computer, but realize that after installing it, and begin to type with Korean selected, it uses the Korean keyboard layout instead of the Qwerty layout. I see no options for this in the settings, nor does Google...
  7. Sometimes I lose English keyboard layout in taskbar language switcher

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sometimes I lose English keyboard layout in taskbar language switcher: Hello. In laptop I have 4 keyboard layouts 4 languages. After closing some games I lose English keyboard layoutin taskbar language switcher. All another keyboard layouts are visible, can work and switch. English returns after restart....
  8. Keep system language as English but don't have english as a keyboard layout.

Keep system language as English but don't have english as a keyboard layout.: I have 3 layouts that I NEED: Czech, Russian, and French. I can type all the English I need via either Czech or French keyboards, I don't need an extra English one in all this mess. But I want my system in English, not French or Czech. Is it Possible?...
  9. how can i change language on keyboard, ie English to Russian?

how can i change language on keyboard, ie English to Russian?: I am using Duolingo to learn Russian. how do I type answers in Russian? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-language-on-keyboard-ie-english/027d5e49-d622-4f63-b9a1-5d15821da6b3
  10. Cant Use English UK Keyboard Layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant Use English UK Keyboard Layout: Hi all, i just got a new Keyboard as a present from my son and its all good except the " and @ are the wrong way round. I have changed everything to UK and still this problem continues, does anyone have a solution to this problem, Thanx in advance for any help. Below is some...