Windows 10: Use local password again

Discus and support Use local password again in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I connected my Microsoft account to my Windows 10 desktop. When I did this, I didn't realize that it would make me use my Microsoft password to log... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Obe4ken, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Obe4ken Win User

Use local password again

I connected my Microsoft account to my Windows 10 desktop. When I did this, I didn't realize that it would make me use my Microsoft password to log in. I want to have a unique password for my computer that isn't reliant on an internet connection, how do I revert this setting?

:)

Obe4ken, Apr 4, 2019

2. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Use local password again

local password

Hi AJ,

In order to sign in with your local password, you need to set your computer to sign in with your local account instead of your Microsoft account. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your account.
    • In the right pane, click the option Sign in with a local account instead.
    • To confirm that you authorize the changes, enter the password for your Microsoft account, then hit
      Next.
    • On the Switch to a local account page, input your local user name and password.
    • Click Next to sign out from your Microsoft account and sign back in using your local account.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Use local password again

1. Use local password again - Similar Threads - local password again

2. Local windows password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local windows password: Our laptop is used for local union financial work, our previous officer did not pass along the local windows password. Is there a way to reset or delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-windows-password/0eaf0653-be3d-4ab1-bcc4-4d054f470210
  3. FORGOT LOCAL PASSWORD

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    FORGOT LOCAL PASSWORD: Hi , My laptop started acting weird and failed to recognise my fingerprint. I have forgot my PIN or maybe the one i entered is correct . I happen to remember my password but my laptop says it's incorrect. I managed to log into another local account on the same PC which...
  4. Local Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Password: I pulled an old computer out of storage to see if it had files I was looking stored on it. It is not connected to internet, and asks me for local password. I don't have that any longer. How can I reset password? I believe it is a Windows 10 machine. Thank You...
  5. Microsoft Account using local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account using local password: Hi, I recently bought a new SurfacePro to replace my older laptop and desktop. When setting up initially I was unable to connect to the internet. I had to set up with a local username and temporary I thought password. When I was able to connect I entered my Microsoft ID...
  6. Local Windows Password

Local Windows Password: I have trouble signing in using my local windows password since I've changed it to PIN option a long time ago. Recently, I tried launching a safe mode option but it is asking my local windows password Administrator password upon signing in. Is there any way that I can reset...
  7. Lost password -- again

Lost password -- again: April 12/2020: Discovered that my password no longer worked to sign in to my computer probably after another Microsoft Windows 10 update. Please fix this recurring problem. It's annoying....
  8. Local password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local password: i am locked out of laptop i thought it was set to use my outlook password. But will mot accept. Is there a way to reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-password/72cb5f6c-f030-4529-ace5-aebe2ac28d8d
  9. local password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    local password: I just created local password on my windows 10 XPS and keep getting message that my password is incorrect, which it is not. I wrote it in my hint. I tried to follow troubleshooting directions to get to safe mode and try resetting my options but computer won't go to safe...
  10. using local password with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    using local password with microsoft account: So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager. If I use a Microsoft account with windows 10 it also uses the password which is a pain to type in, is there no way to use a local...