Windows 10: Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked

Discus and support Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Dell Precision has a built-in IR camera, which works great when the laptop isn't docked. I have a Logitech Brio 4k camera connected to my docking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ericnixmd, Nov 10, 2019.

1. ericnixmd Win User

Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked

My Dell Precision has a built-in IR camera, which works great when the laptop isn't docked. I have a Logitech Brio 4k camera connected to my docking station.

I cannot get Windows 10 to use the Brio when docked. It always defaults to the built-in IR camera even though the lid is closed.

Does anyone know of a way to set preferences so that the Brio is used when docked and the built-in camera is used when not docked?

:)

ericnixmd, Nov 10, 2019
  2. xy677 Win User

Logitech BRIO not working with Hello after upgrade

Just upgraded to Creators Update (1703) and there were no errors during the install but now my Logitech BRIO camera is not working with Windows Hello.

I can see the camera listed in device manager with no errors and it works in Skype but at the logon screen it says that no camera is available. I tried turning Hello off and on again but that didn't help.Also tried different USB ports but that didn't help either.

There is a Logitech KB about this but it didn't fix my issue:

No video or BRIO webcam not detected after Windows 10 update - Logitech Support Article

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it?

xy677, Nov 10, 2019
  3. ericnixmd Win User
    Disable Windows Hello Face Recognition on Laptop

I have a Logitech BRIO camera connected to my laptop's dock. I set up Windows Hello facial recognition so that I don't have to enter a password when the laptop is docked. I usually place the computer with the lid closed underneath my monitor when it's docked. This prevents me from using the fingerprint sensor built into the laptop.

When I disconnect from the dock and use my computer, I get a notice on the login screen that Windows could not activate the camera.

Is there a way to eliminate this message or to configure a setting so that the laptop doesn't look for the camera when not connected to the dock? The built-in camera doesn't support Windows Hello facial recognition.

ericnixmd, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked

Logitech BRIO 4k Camera and WIN CREATORS Update

The Windows generic camera driver does get the Brio working correctly with Windows Hello, except (in my computer) for the first boot in the morning.

My Brio works with Windows Hello perfectly on reboots. But after the computer has been shut down for a while then started up Windows reports that "Windows could not turn on the camera." I then select other methods of login, re-select Windows Hello, and
    then the camera turns on and logs in!

It seems this has to do either with the Brio needing time to initialize and Windows not waiting long enough, or that my USB 3.0 ports are not being initialized early enough in the boot process.

This was not a problem before the Creator's Update - I suspect Microsoft changed the sequence of scanning USB ports, maybe only starting up USB 2.0 plugs because that's where mice and keyboards usually are plugged in? Just guessing.

Don Mannino, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked

1. Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked - Similar Threads - Logitech Brio Camera

2. Surface Laptop 4 - Windows Hello - Logitech Brio webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop 4 - Windows Hello - Logitech Brio webcam: I know this has been covered elsewhere in the forums, but focused specifically on the Logitech Brio.My question I think is more specific to the Surface Laptop 4, but has a similar issue:I want to use Windows Hello face recognition to unlock my work computer, which is a MS...
  3. Surface Laptop 4 - Windows Hello - Logitech Brio webcam

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Laptop 4 - Windows Hello - Logitech Brio webcam: I know this has been covered elsewhere in the forums, but focused specifically on the Logitech Brio.My question I think is more specific to the Surface Laptop 4, but has a similar issue:I want to use Windows Hello face recognition to unlock my work computer, which is a MS...
  4. Surface Laptop 4 - Windows Hello - Logitech Brio webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows hello with logitech brio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hello with logitech brio: Hi,So I have been trying to solve an issue where my Logitech brio 4k stream edition doesn't seem to work on windows hello, now I've checked and the webcam is indeed compatible, so why when I go to setup windows hello with my webcam it either says right away that my webcam...
  6. windows hello with logitech brio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows hello with logitech brio: Hi,So I have been trying to solve an issue where my Logitech brio 4k stream edition doesn't seem to work on windows hello, now I've checked and the webcam is indeed compatible, so why when I go to setup windows hello with my webcam it either says right away that my webcam...
  7. Windows 10 - Windows Hello - Logitech Brio Stream - Can't turn camera on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Windows Hello - Logitech Brio Stream - Can't turn camera on: So saw some other posts saying a Windows update broke brio and hello, however having run another windows update, this hasn't fixed it, neither has looking at stopped/started services, which was another option suggestion. Firmware update from Logitcech can't find the camera...
  8. Camera with Hello when docked or not

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera with Hello when docked or not: Am I missing something? Is Hello smart enough to use the laptop's camera when not docked, but then use the USB camera when docked? I've a Surface Laptop 2, Microsoft surface dock, and Logitech C920. I'm trying to use facial recognition but Windows 10 seems to only know how to...
  9. Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked

in Windows 10 Support
    Use Logitech Brio Camera for Windows Hello Login when Laptop is Docked: My Dell Precision has a built-in IR camera, which works great when the laptop isn't docked. I have a Logitech Brio 4k camera connected to my docking station. I cannot get Windows 10 to use the Brio when docked. It always defaults to the built-in IR camera even though the lid...
  10. windows hello, Logitech brio, win10 1903

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello, Logitech brio, win10 1903: Since my upgrade to 1903 windows 10 hello cannot turn on camera for hello, though camera works for Skype and other programs. This has happened at least twice before at feature updates. I have followed all the suggestions listed in community support but still of no avail....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brio hello laptop closed

2. windows 1909 and logitect brio