Windows 10: Use MDT to create admin account

Discus and support Use MDT to create admin account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I create a new administrator account with no password and auto-logon on first boot, using customsettings.ini or bootstrap.ini ? I don't want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by q6987890, May 14, 2020.

1. q6987890 Win User

Use MDT to create admin account

How do I create a new administrator account with no password and auto-logon on first boot, using customsettings.ini or bootstrap.ini ? I don't want to use the unattend.xml, I tried task sequence, but It won't boot into it even when disabling or enabling the built-in Administrator account. This is not for server use, so I do not have a domain/group etc.

:)

q6987890, May 14, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 14, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, if you are using a Local account on the computer and if it’s the only account, it will be an admin account. To check if the account is an admin account, please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type netplwiz and click on
      OK
    3. You will find all the user accounts on the computer and if you see Administrator beside your account, the account is an admin account.

If you want to change the name of the user account that you are using, you need to create a new user account on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    . Once you create a new user account, follow the steps from the section
    Copy files to the new user profile in the article
    Fix a corrupted user profile
    to move the data from the old account to the new account.

Note: The above mentioned article is for Windows 7. However, holds good for Windows 10.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 14, 2020
  4. Use MDT to create admin account

Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

After clicking "OK" I was hit with "To continue, enter an admin username and password".

Lil_Cheeto, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Use MDT to create admin account

1. Use MDT to create admin account - Similar Threads - MDT create admin

2. Create New Admin Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create New Admin Account: If I create new admin account, does my 2 hard disks and my game folder still appear? And can I play game from game folder if it still appear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-admin-account/28b8f2f5-616a-4ebd-9456-4733b18f3b89
  3. Create New Admin Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create New Admin Account: If I create new admin account, does my 2 hard disks and my game folder still appear? And can I play game from game folder if it still appear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-admin-account/28b8f2f5-616a-4ebd-9456-4733b18f3b89
  4. Creating An Admin Account On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating An Admin Account On Windows 11: I tried doing this method which was found here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-back-administrator-account-on-windows/9917c5e4-ee7b-4fb4-b79b-686bda56b4bb . Command prompt said that the admin account was created except the account didn't show...
  5. Creating An Admin Account On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating An Admin Account On Windows 11: I tried doing this method which was found here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-back-administrator-account-on-windows/9917c5e4-ee7b-4fb4-b79b-686bda56b4bb . Command prompt said that the admin account was created except the account didn't show...
  6. Create Admin account without Admin privileges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create Admin account without Admin privileges: I purchased a laptop from my high school because i need it for homework at home as a personal computer but i cant do much with the laptop because i dont have access to the administrator account, i checked and there is no administrator account on it, it hasnt been disabled...
  7. Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.: Hi, I am a Help Desk Analyst and am being challenged with learning sysAdmin tasks. I've been tasked with setting up a deployment process, and I have been trying for a few weeks now to deploy an image with WDS/MDT. I've searched the internet hard trying to figure it out but...
  8. Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??: Alright so im trying to change the name of my pc and switch my local account to an admin account. But I have windows 1083 and I don't see the "Family & Other People" option in the settings. Keep in mind im on this pc on a local account....
  9. Admin account created on hacked email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin account created on hacked email: Hi, my computer has been setup on an account that was hacked. How do I change the settings to link to my new account and password and not the old one? Thanks...
  10. How to create new Admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to create new Admin account: I am having a horrible problem with uninstalling a printer. Talked to MS and Canon with no remedy. Canon mentioned to create new admin account to create new registry. They feel something is deeply embedded and hanging up printer somehow. Pls advise on how to create new...