Windows 10: Use Microsoft Photos facial recognition to make photo tags visible online

Discus and support Use Microsoft Photos facial recognition to make photo tags visible online in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everybody,I'm totally loving the facial recognition option in the Microsoft Photos app. There's just one thing I'd really like: to be able to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VissersPaul, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Use Microsoft Photos facial recognition to make photo tags visible online

Hi everybody,I'm totally loving the facial recognition option in the Microsoft Photos app. There's just one thing I'd really like: to be able to use that option in the browser version of OneDrive as well. I know facial recognition is only saved locally and not online, but I was wondering if it would be possible to add tags to the photos that are based on local facial recognition, so I can use those tags to find photos of certain people in OneDrive online.I was thinking maybe one of those two options would be there, but I need someone to tell me if one of those is possible:- Convert the facial

:)

VissersPaul, Apr 28, 2022

2. Is the facial recognition feature in Windows 10 Photos local or cloud?

Is this facial recognition is done on the device locally?

Yes.

Source Disable Face Detection and Recognition in Photos in Windows 10

Are the photos sent to microsoft servers?

Yes (if you have enabled Help make the Photos app better)

Source The Photos app and your privacy

DavidPostill, Apr 28, 2022
  3. Nefario Win User
    Is the facial recognition feature in Windows 10 Photos local or cloud?

Apparently, the Photos app found on Windows 10 can group photos based on people in it i.e. it has facial recognition features. I'm wondering if this facial recognition is done on the device locally, or are the photos sent to microsoft servers? Is there any kind of documentation to clarify about this?

Nefario, Apr 28, 2022
  4. Use Microsoft Photos facial recognition to make photo tags visible online

Windows Photo and facial recognition.

I'd like to reawaken this thread, as the original question was not answered.

I had read articles suggesting that the Photos app wouldgain facial recognition as part of the creators update, but now the update is arriving, this does not seem to be in the list of enhancements.

As a user still of MS Photo Gallery, I'm eagerly awaiting this function so that I can streamline the apps needed to manage/view my photos.

Don_Bidyre, Apr 28, 2022
Thema:

Use Microsoft Photos facial recognition to make photo tags visible online

1. Use Microsoft Photos facial recognition to make photo tags visible online - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos facial

2. Use Microsoft Photos facial recognition to make photo tags visible online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use Microsoft Photos facial recognition to make photo tags visible online: Hi everybody,I'm totally loving the facial recognition option in the Microsoft Photos app. There's just one thing I'd really like: to be able to use that option in the browser version of OneDrive as well. I know facial recognition is only saved locally and not online, but I...
  3. Windows 10 "Photos Microsoft" and facial recognition: is the photo's modified date kept ?

Windows 10 "Photos Microsoft" and facial recognition: is the photo's modified date kept ?: Hi, I don't know where to ask this (tested on answer France, but no response). I activated "facial recognition" to test it in "Microsoft Photo" on Windows 10. Photos found plenty faces (with 100% during hours as I have thousands photo ;) ) ... OK. But next "Microsoft...
  4. Photos app facial recognition

Photos app facial recognition: Hi, when I activate facial grouping in the photos app on windows 10, does it do it locally or does it upload the photos to the cloud? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-facial-recognition/ef1bf8f7-7fe6-452e-8c37-650a9420c1c7
  5. Photos and facial recognition

Photos and facial recognition: LIke a lot of people, facial recognition in Photos does not work for me. My 20,000 photos have thousands of faces recognised in Google. On my iphone the People tag in in the OneDrive app has thousands of people photos from the same database of photos. Photos from either my...
  6. Facial Recognition in Photos App

Facial Recognition in Photos App: In the Photos App within Microsoft 365 subscription, why do I have to Accept the facial recognition? I chose decline but it will not allow me to get to my photos. All I want is to get to my photos and right now the system won't allow it....
  7. Facial recognition failure in Photos

Facial recognition failure in Photos: I posted the question below a few months ago and got some help but we never get it sorted. I have waited for the new Win 10 build but there is no difference. I have reset everything to do with the Photos app and also reinstalled it. Most strange! Has anyone had the same...
  8. Windows Photos Facial Recognition

Windows Photos Facial Recognition: I have been assigning names to faces recognized by facial recognition on Win10 Photos. In the process, I noted that the app made a couple of errors where, for example, it found 3 photos with a recognized face, but one of those three photos was actually someone else. How do...
  9. Recommendations for viewing photos? (no facial recognition etc)

Recommendations for viewing photos? (no facial recognition etc): hello, new to Windows 10. I keep my photos organized in folders and intend to keep them that way. How can I open and view the photos in a given folder as a group? Any simple applications? I don't want to use Pictures because it seems to want to reorganize the pictures that I...
  10. Photos - Facial Recognition Progress

Photos - Facial Recognition Progress: I have been investigating the facial recognition of the photos app. So far, so good, but I have no way of knowing when/if it is actively performing facial recognition and the progress of searching all my photos. 1) How do I know if the process is running? Do I have to...