Windows 10: Use Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit in Windows 10

Discus and support Use Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Use Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit in Windows 10 How to Use Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit in Windows Windows 10 The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Use Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit in Windows 10

How to: Use Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit in Windows 10

How to Use Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit in Windows Windows 10

The Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit is a small, portable diagnostic tool that runs through a suite of tests to diagnose the hardware of Surface devices. The Surface Diagnostic Toolkit executable file is less than 3 MB, which allows it to be distributed through email. It does not require installation, so it can be run directly from a USB stick or over the network. The Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit walks you through several tests of individual components including the touchscreen, cameras, and sensors.

The Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit runs several individual tests on a Surface device. Not all tests are applicable to every device. For example, the Home button test is not applicable to Surface Pro 4 where there is no Home button. You can specify which tests to run, or you can choose to run all tests. For tests that require external devices (such as testing output to an external display) but you do not have the required external device at the time of the test, you are given the option to skip the test. If a test fails, you are prompted to continue or stop testing at that time.

The Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit tests verify only the hardware of a Surface device and do not test or resolve issues with the operating system or software.

This tutorial will show you how to download and use the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit on Surface devices running Windows 10. Windows 10 Pro, or Windows 10 in S mode.

Here's How:

1. If you haven't already, you will need to click/tap on the Download button below to download the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit from Microsoft below.

Windows 10 Home or Pro
    Download

OR

Windows 10 in S mode
    Download
    2. Run the SurfaceDiagnosticToolkit_SA.exe file on your Surface device.

3. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on OK.

4. Click/tap on Proceed. (see screenshot below)

Use Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit in Windows 10 [​IMG]

5. Do step 6 (Run all tests) or step 7 (Select tests) below for what tests you want to run. (see screenshot below)

6. To "Run all tests" in Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
    A) Click/tap on Run all tests, and go to step 8 below. (see screenshot below step 5)

7. To "Select tests" to run in Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
    A) Click/tap on Select tests. (see screenshot below step 5)

B) Click/tap on tests to check (run) or uncheck (not run) for what you want, click/tap on the Run tests button when ready, and go to step 8 below. (see screenshots below)

*note For more information about each test, see: Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit (Windows)

8. The testing will now begin. (see screenshots below)

*note Running the Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit is a hands-on activity. The test sequence includes several tests that require you to perform actions or observe the outcome of the test, and then click the applicable Pass or Fail button. Some tests require connectivity to external devices, like an external display. Other tests use the built in Windows troubleshooters.

9. At the end of testing, a visual report of the test results is displayed and you are given the option to save a log file or copy the results to the clipboard. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, Nov 5, 2017

2. Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

Source and more: Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit (Windows)

Tip See tutorial: L: How to Use Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10

Cluster Head, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Introducing the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit for Business Surface

Source: Introducing the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit for Business Surface

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Introducing the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit for Business

Source: Introducing the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit for Business Surface

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Surface Diagnostic Toolkit now available in Windows Store

*Arrow Download Surface Diagnostic Toolkit app in Windows Store

*Arrow Download Surface Diagnostic Toolkit (not Store app)

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Use Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Surface Diagnostic

2. Toolkit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toolkit: how to get the Microsoft Toolkit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolkit/ae2706d9-7e7e-4d6b-80d8-18de0829e9a0
  3. Toolkit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toolkit: how to get the Microsoft Toolkit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolkit/ae2706d9-7e7e-4d6b-80d8-18de0829e9a0
  4. I want to buy a used Microsoft surface . what diagnostic programs to use?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to buy a used Microsoft surface . what diagnostic programs to use?: aid64? cpuz? battery mode? £200 its fine price for Microsoft surface 3? submitted by /u/Killuminati696 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vuxj7c/i_want_to_buy_a_used_microsoft_surface_what/
  5. How can I get the Diagnostic and Recovery Toolkit (DART 10) for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get the Diagnostic and Recovery Toolkit (DART 10) for Windows 10?: I cannot start my PC at all and before I delete my whole life and data from it I would like to try and fix it, i read that this toolkit had a very vast array of tools and would love to try it. submitted by /u/Infantilniq [link] [comments]...
  6. Introducing the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit for Business

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit for Business: We’re pleased to announce the availability of the Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit for Business (SDT), designed to restore Surface devices to full productivity faster. Built with advanced diagnostics, logging, and repair capabilities, SDT enables IT admins to quickly...
  7. Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit Windows 10 1709

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit Windows 10 1709: Today i install Windows 10 1709 and Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit not working anymore. I need this for old Windows game. 100751
  8. Surface Diagnostic Toolkit now available in Windows Store

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Diagnostic Toolkit now available in Windows Store: Part educator, part detective, and part doctor, the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit guides you through a set of software repairs and hardware diagnostics to quickly and efficiently uncover and resolve issues you are experiencing on your device. Use this app to check your battery...
  9. Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit: Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit Find out how you can use the Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit to test the hardware of your Surface device. The Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit is a small, portable diagnostic tool that runs through a suite of tests to...
  10. Use Storage Diagnostic Tool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Storage Diagnostic Tool in Windows 10: How to: Use Storage Diagnostic Tool in Windows 10 How to Use Storage Diagnostic Tool in Windows 10 [img] Information CheckDisk, fsutil and fltmc. The tool can be helpful to use to analyze and identify storage related issues. It can be used to check the consistency...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface diagnostic toolkit windows 10

2. diagnose toolkit surface