Windows 10: Use Modern or Metro Style Print Dialog in Windows 10

Discus and support Use Modern or Metro Style Print Dialog in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Use Modern or Metro Style Print Dialog in Windows 10 [img] Information When you Print from Windows Store apps in Windows 10, a modern Print... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Use Modern or Metro Style Print Dialog in Windows 10

How to: Use Modern or Metro Style Print Dialog in Windows 10

Use Modern or Metro Style Print Dialog in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information When you Print from Windows Store apps in Windows 10, a modern Print dialog box will open by default.

The Print dialog box lets the user select options for a particular print job. For example, the user can specify the printer to use, the range of pages to print, and the number of copies. The printing options available depend entirely on the printer model and software application you're using. Consult the manual that came with your printer or program for more details.

If you don't like the newer default modern Print dialog in Windows 10, then you can switch to use the older metro style Print panel like in Windows 8 instead.

This tutorial will show you how to switch to use a modern or metro style Print dialog for Windows apps for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to switch between using a modern or metro style Print dialog.

Note This will not affect the Print dialog box for desktop programs.

The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print

EnableModernPrintDialog DWORD

(delete) = Modern Print dialog
    0 = Metro Print dialog

Warning This will no longer work starting at least with the Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809.

EXAMPLE: Modern (top) and Metro (bottom) style Print dialog

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (modern) or step 3 (metro) below for what you would like to do.

2. Switch to Use Modern Style Print Dialog
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Use_Modern_Print_Dialog.reg

Download

3. Switch to Use Metro Style Print Dialog
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Use_Metro_Print_Dialog.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 22, 2018

2. Hidden Print Button

This may have to do with resolution/scaling. Are you able to drag the Print dialog box to the top?

If that doesn't work, you can enable the Windows 8-style Print panel using a registry edit. Get Back Windows 8's Metro-Style Print Panel
    in Windows 10

After running the REG, print command (from modern Apps) show the print panel (instead of dialog).. That should be a good workaround.

Someone had the same issue.

Print options in windows 10 not available. - Microsoft Community :
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-callmsg/print-options-in-windows-10-not-available/56e6e0af-baf3-448e-893b-78dcabb7a546

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Unable to print from metro/modern apps, legacy apps works fine

Hi Matteo,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Based on the description, I understand that you are unable to print using modern apps. I will definitely assist you with the issue.

Let’s try some simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below methods information provided.

Method 1.

I recommend you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below link to run app troubleshooter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persist try the below method.

Method 2.

I would suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter, it will automatically
    diagnose the exact issue.

• Type troubleshooting on the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on print on
      printer Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Advanced on the Printer troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Printer troubleshooter.

If the above method does fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Method 3.

I would suggest you to un-install the printer completely and re-install the same.
    Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate for the Print Queues and expand it.

• Right click on the printer device and click on
      uninstall.

Once you un-install the printer driver unplug the printer cable and keep it for something. Now restart the computer and plug the printer.

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Use Modern or Metro Style Print Dialog in Windows 10

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Metro style UI

New metro style UI is a big mistake and true piece of sh**t. Please kill it with fire.

Pls send this message to Satya Nadella and Bill Gates

kun kurono, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Use Modern or Metro Style Print Dialog in Windows 10

1. Use Modern or Metro Style Print Dialog in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Modern Metro Style

2. Modern Print Dialog Shows up for a few seconds with the printer icon, then crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern Print Dialog Shows up for a few seconds with the printer icon, then crashes.: I'm working on a computer for someone where their print dialog will open and then almost immediately close. It only happens in apps using the Modern Print Dialog, and not the legacy or Chromium dialog. The modern print dialog will work properly for other users on the system,...
  3. Windows 10 Print dialog Scaled.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Print dialog Scaled.: [ATTACH] Hi, I've been ripping my hair out over this issue. So maybe someone here can help me :-) I've just got an Epilog Engraving Laser. Which ofc comes with some delicious printer drivers. However when I install the drivers on a brand new Dell G3 3590 Laptop and open...
  4. Windows 10 print Dialog not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 print Dialog not working: Hello Everyone I have a big Problem. Our Windows 10 print function doesn't work correctly anymore (This happen to be since we switched to Windows 10). When we print a Picture via "right click - Print" then this Message appears (Look Image, Google Translate = "Error...
  5. Print Dialog

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Dialog: I have a shared printer and when I print to it, the printer icon does not close, it does on the other printer that I print directly to. I have tried "Refresh" and "Close" and it still stays active. 119508
  6. Metro style UI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metro style UI: New metro style UI is a big mistake and true piece of sh**t. Please kill it with fire. Pls send this message to Satya Nadella and Bill Gates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/metro-style-ui/323057de-38a5-487a-8ec6-d9435696b1ff
  7. Can't open and Metro style Windows app

Can't open and Metro style Windows app: I seem to have had a major Windows 10 Pro X64 failure. After a couple days of investigation, I'm stumped. -Right now, I can't open and Metro style Windows apps including Settings. -I also can't open "services.msc" (I get a window that says Microsoft Services...
  8. Remove all modern metro apps

Remove all modern metro apps: Howdy, I use this PowerShell command to remove all modern metro apps from all user accounts: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage However, it does not remove some apps and I have to remove them manually using: Remove-AppxPackage...
  9. storage location for modern/metro apps

storage location for modern/metro apps: where is the folder in which they are installed by default? what is the folder called? 9488
  10. Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps

in Windows 10 News
    Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps: When Windows 8 entered beta and Microsoft showed off its new apps and design style, they called it Metro. But after some legal headaches, the company stopped referring to them as 'Metro' apps and went with 'Modern' apps instead. The Modern app name has slowly transitioned...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 modern print dialog wpf app

2. universal apps print dialog disappears