Windows 10: Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory

Discus and support Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have an hp 15 note book with an AMD A8 processor and 4 gb of ram i have a graphics card of 2gb Radeon HD 8500 R5 series graphics cad. all my games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AvinashJ Nair, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory

i have an hp 15 note book with an AMD A8 processor and 4 gb of ram i have a graphics card of 2gb Radeon HD 8500 R5 series graphics cad. all my games and design based software have issues running because the dedicated graphics memory is only 512MB. who do in use the full 2 gb of graphics memory .?

:)

AvinashJ Nair, Oct 8, 2018

2. Dedicated Graphics Memory Too Low

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

No, you can't increase dedicated memory for video card without replace/upgrading it but the system should automatically supply more RAM when it needed.

Intel HD Graphics does not have dedicated video memory, but it rather takes some memory from system RAM. Windows simply treats the minimum amount of allocated memory as dedicated graphics memory. Most desktops provide a setting
    in BIOS for selecting the desired amount of "dedicated" memory, but laptops usually don't.

If you have a laptop, you should first check out your BIOS to see if there's a setting to set the Intel HD Graphics dedicated video memory or not. Unfortunately, most laptop manufacturers do not include such setting in their BIOS,
    so do not worry if you do not find one for your laptop. You can contact your laptop manufacturer for more information, but most likely it will not be possible to increase Intel HD Graphics dedicated video memory.

HP support link:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/graphics

Update the game to its latest version and apply its latest patches. You can also check out the game vendor's website for a patch or a fix that makes the game run on Intel HD graphics.

Game support link:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum

BIOS disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Suvarna Govinda, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Regarding Dedicated graphics

Sir please clear my confusion

• There is a program called DXDIAG when i open it and click on display it shows graphic memory 2136 mb but when i open intel graphic properties it shows dedicated video memory 128 mb so where all the left memory used.
    • Is updating driver really helpful especially graphic drivers.
    • How to increase dedicated memory from 128 to 512 because mylaptop contain 4 gb ram.
    • When i enter BIOS i do not locate configuration tab what to do,help me to provide the advance bios mode

Shivam Strange, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory

dedicated graphics memory related

Hi, i have dell inspiron 3537 lap with 6 gb of ram, 2gb of AMD 8670m graphics card and intel hd4400 but my dedicated video memory is only 128 mb. I have installed the driver software latest (which is preferred for my lap) and also also the latest bios
    too. And i also tried with increasing the power option to high performance but once when i was trying with this it inreased to 2048mb and again it changed to 128mb.

someone please help me in increasing the dedicated video memory.

sekarkamalakannan, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory

1. Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory - Similar Threads - graphics card memory

2. Available graphics memory showing only 512mb despite of having 2gb dedicated graphics card.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available graphics memory showing only 512mb despite of having 2gb dedicated graphics card.: I have a window 10 installed on my dell m4800 and i have 2gb vram and 14gb total shared graphics memory. But when i open gta v game it shows only 512mb video memory available.Before installing this window it used to show 14gbapprox video memory available.Also my dxdiag used...
  3. Available graphics memory showing only 512mb despite of having 2gb dedicated graphics card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available graphics memory showing only 512mb despite of having 2gb dedicated graphics card.: I have a window 10 installed on my dell m4800 and i have 2gb vram and 14gb total shared graphics memory. But when i open gta v game it shows only 512mb video memory available.Before installing this window it used to show 14gbapprox video memory available.Also my dxdiag used...
  4. I change the dedicated memory to the integrated graphics memory with the registry editor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I change the dedicated memory to the integrated graphics memory with the registry editor...: I upgraded my hard drive to an SSD and I can no longer dedicate more ram to the integrated one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-change-the-dedicated-memory-to-the-integrated/5fb2238a-92eb-4fd3-85b4-72412def5a66
  5. I change the dedicated memory to the integrated graphics memory with the registry editor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I change the dedicated memory to the integrated graphics memory with the registry editor...: I upgraded my hard drive to an SSD and I can no longer dedicate more ram to the integrated one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-change-the-dedicated-memory-to-the-integrated/5fb2238a-92eb-4fd3-85b4-72412def5a66
  6. Dedicated Graphics Card Memory problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dedicated Graphics Card Memory problem: I have Intel HD 4000 graphic card and 8gb ram running with i5 processor and my total available graphic memory is 1792MB and my dedicated video memory is 0 MB and but shared system memory is 1792MB total graphic memory...
  7. What is Total Available Graphics Memory and Dedicated Video Memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is Total Available Graphics Memory and Dedicated Video Memory: Can anyone explain what is the difference between these two? I have a Intel UHD 630 and it has 128MB dedicated and 2gb total available graphics memory Does that mean I can play games(say GTA V) with 2gb video memory. I have 4gb ram but will upgrade it to 8 next week I don't...
  8. Cannot use the dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use the dedicated graphics card: I have an AMD A8 Processor with integrated graphics and a dedicated 2 Gb Graphics card. My rendering and design soft wares need more Vram to run smoothly but currently only use 512MB of Vram. i cannot seem to use the dedicated graphics card in any way how do i enable the...
  9. Adding Memory to a Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding Memory to a Graphics Card: Good morning everyone, I have a NVidia Quadro K1100 with 2gigs of memory. Is it possible to add more memory to the card? 115483
  10. Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card: I have searched for a while and I always see the same answers... Either "it doesnt matter, it will use it when it needs it" or "its in the bios". The 2nd one is only right for INTEGRATED graphics cards, but Im talking about a GTX 960. I had 8 GB of RAM and a demanding game...