Windows 10: Use my own photo on the screen that displays the icons and also as the background when I...

Discus and support Use my own photo on the screen that displays the icons and also as the background when I... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LynnE547, May 15, 2019 at 12:17 PM.

1. LynnE547 Win User

Use my own photo on the screen that displays the icons and also as the background when I...

how do I do this?

:)

2. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 15, 2019 at 12:20 PM
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Lock screen photo

Hi,

To change the
    lock screen photo, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left side of the screen, click on
      Lock screen.

• In the
      Background, change it to
      Picture.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

4. Use my own photo on the screen that displays the icons and also as the background when I...

Photos app hogging resources in background

Ian, this suggestion was posted on my other thread:

We understand that not all of users are using the Photos app on Windows 10, if not very often. If you don't want this app to be running on background when not in use, there is a way you can turn this
    off. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• In Cortana, type Privacy Settings
      and press Enter.
    • Look for Background apps.
    • Look for Photos in the list.
    • Flip the switch to Off.
    • Restart your computer.

After you restart your computer, you can check if the Photos app is still running in background. You can use these steps to turn off any running background applications as it is not limited to Photos
    app alone. In this way, you can conserve a lot of power and process allowance.

I just followed these instructions, and now have to wait to see if it works. I'm hoping it solves your problem, too!

Thema:

Use my own photo on the screen that displays the icons and also as the background when I...

1. Use my own photo on the screen that displays the icons and also as the background when I... - Similar Threads - own photo screen

2. Changed my key board to spanish but screen display also changed. I want English display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changed my key board to spanish but screen display also changed. I want English display: I changed my key board and found out after that is qwerty Spanish. Windows changed my display language to Spanish also... I want English display...
  3. background photo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    background photo: I accidentally made a photo a background image. Now I can't seem to find the original. Where is a copy stored? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-photo/883af903-d383-40e4-903d-5601f726f940"
  4. Changing background to own photos

Changing background to own photos: How do I change windows background to my own photo's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-background-to-own-photos/ea771912-440f-4afe-9b77-621c82cdb67d
  5. Sorting Photos into my own albums

Sorting Photos into my own albums: Hi I have loads of folders containing photos going back five years and I want to sort them into my own albums. I managed to make my own albums and was merrily adding photos to them, when they suddenly disappeared. I now don't seem to be able to save any photos to my...
  6. multiple duplicate photos and also blank photos on my phone

multiple duplicate photos and also blank photos on my phone: Whenever I go on WhatsApp Album on my windows phone I see multiples of the same photos and some blank squares which should be photos, however when I try to open them I get a message saying (file cant be opened because it is missing or corrupt) just one or two will open,...
  7. i need for the photos that i create in my photos app to also be saved to the pictures folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need for the photos that i create in my photos app to also be saved to the pictures folder.: i need for the photos that i create in my photos app to also be saved to the pictures folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/i-need-for-the-photos-that-i-create-in-my-photos/03e72f6a-401c-4213-98f4-480e3fabb3ad
  8. Submitting photos to Microsoft / sending my own photos to Microsoft

Submitting photos to Microsoft / sending my own photos to Microsoft: Hello! Does anybody know where I can send photos to Microsoft to notice my shots? I would like to share my photos, as other photographers also do, who are displayed with their work on the windows screensaver (edit: I actually meant the lockscreen, I think they call it the...
  9. size of icons on my computer display screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    size of icons on my computer display screen: how to make them smaller https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/size-of-icons-on-my-computer-display-screen/30ae5c4b-42bf-43c4-b6b0-7c0213fa3f50
  10. when i put my pictures on screen display they are stretched??

when i put my pictures on screen display they are stretched??: I select groups of pictures from albums, and some are stretched in width?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/when-i-put-my-pictures-on-screen-display-they-are/ce8c43f3-6ef1-4e9b-adfa-1aac2bea57d6