Windows 10: Use my own photo on the screen that displays the icons and also as the background when I...

Discus and support Use my own photo on the screen that displays the icons and also as the background when I... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LynnE547, May 15, 2019.

1. LynnE547 Win User

Use my own photo on the screen that displays the icons and also as the background when I...

how do I do this?

:)

LynnE547, May 15, 2019

2. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 15, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Lock screen photo

Hi,

To change the
    lock screen photo, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left side of the screen, click on
      Lock screen.

• In the
      Background, change it to
      Picture.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 15, 2019
  4. Use my own photo on the screen that displays the icons and also as the background when I...

Photos app hogging resources in background

Ian, this suggestion was posted on my other thread:

We understand that not all of users are using the Photos app on Windows 10, if not very often. If you don't want this app to be running on background when not in use, there is a way you can turn this
    off. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• In Cortana, type Privacy Settings
      and press Enter.
    • Look for Background apps.
    • Look for Photos in the list.
    • Flip the switch to Off.
    • Restart your computer.

After you restart your computer, you can check if the Photos app is still running in background. You can use these steps to turn off any running background applications as it is not limited to Photos
    app alone. In this way, you can conserve a lot of power and process allowance.

I just followed these instructions, and now have to wait to see if it works. I'm hoping it solves your problem, too!

BarryG_961, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Use my own photo on the screen that displays the icons and also as the background when I...

1. Use my own photo on the screen that displays the icons and also as the background when I... - Similar Threads - own photo screen

2. wifi driver and icon disappears when using my pc It also reappears when i shutdown it and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi driver and icon disappears when using my pc It also reappears when i shutdown it and...: Window 11 Hp elite book x360 1030 g4Wifi driver ...Intel wifi 6 ax200 160mhz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-driver-and-icon-disappears-when-using-my-pc/28581c39-b61c-4d85-a2f2-648792fc1a97
  3. wifi driver and icon disappears when using my pc It also reappears when i shutdown it and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi driver and icon disappears when using my pc It also reappears when i shutdown it and...: Window 11 Hp elite book x360 1030 g4Wifi driver ...Intel wifi 6 ax200 160mhz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-driver-and-icon-disappears-when-using-my-pc/28581c39-b61c-4d85-a2f2-648792fc1a97
  4. OneDrive Photo Icons will not display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Photo Icons will not display: When I access my photos in my User Account>Pictures, the icons for my photos are thumbnails, a small version of the photo itself as it should be. However, when I access photos on my OneDrive from my Windows 10 Pro Desktop, the photos do not show up as thumbnails, but just...
  5. photos displayed as photos not as Mspaint icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos displayed as photos not as Mspaint icons: Whatever view setting I select (Extra Large Icons, Tiles, ...) the Windows Explorer is showing every single picture (JNGP, PNG, ..) as icons, like icons for MSPaint, or Windows Foto I've changed the "open with" application, but it just switches to the icon of the...
  6. Icon displayed in photos on this PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icon displayed in photos on this PC: I absolutely hate windows 10. Prior to windows 10 I could change the size of photos in preview without having to spend two hours trying to read forums watch YouTube videos and reboot my PC. I can view the photos as medium icons. When I go to large icons or extra large icons,...
  7. Laptop screen darkens when a dark background is displayed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop screen darkens when a dark background is displayed: When running my MSI GS75 on battery power, a dark image, such as Windows settings in dark mode, will make the screen dim. It's not an environmental issue as my laptop hasn't left my room and the lighting doesn't change. I've had this same issue with my old Acer Nitro 5. Is...
  8. computer screen displays only black background with icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer screen displays only black background with icons: I am unable to change this black background. When I get to the Personalize page, I view a message some setting are hidden or managed by your organization KT...
  9. I want to use a photo as background on my laptop display How?

I want to use a photo as background on my laptop display How?: I want to use a photo as background on my laptop display How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-use-a-photo-as-background-on-my-laptop/294cfa99-c65a-4ab4-ad6e-2c23b02493cc
  10. Changing background to own photos

Changing background to own photos: How do I change windows background to my own photo's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-background-to-own-photos/ea771912-440f-4afe-9b77-621c82cdb67d