Windows 10: Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after

Discus and support Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; "Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update" Does this option sign you in for a quick second and then lock the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bobsagetfullhou, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after

"Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update"

Does this option sign you in for a quick second and then lock the computer? Or does it leave you signed in and unlocked while it does the updates where someone else walking by could potentially take over your computer?

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Mar 31, 2017
  2. Squonk101 Win User

After re-boot, I have to enter my password twice on a Windows 10 Desktop PC

I had that option already toggled off, but the "use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart was toggled ON". Set it off and it works.

Squonk101, Mar 31, 2017
  3. When I was Going to shut down my PC then it came up pop-up that SOMEONE else is using this PC.

I found the solution:

Turn off “Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart” within the
    Privacy setting. FOR ALL ACCOUNTS!!!

Start button, select Settings > Accounts >
    Sign-in options, then make sure Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart

Maciej Poliwoda, Mar 31, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after

Brink, Mar 31, 2017
  5. Thanks for the quick reply brink! So if I leave this option turned on, will it keep me signed in after it's done installing the update? Or will it lock my PC so no passerbys could start using it?

bobsagetfullhou, Mar 31, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, you'll be signed back in and computer locked afterwards if you turn it on.

Brink, Mar 31, 2017
  7. Just for clarification, after the updates are installed, Windows will lock the system. From the Windows help on this topic:

Some updates require you to restart your PC and sign in to Windows in order to finish installing the update, which means you might sign in to Windows and find you can’t use your PC until the update is finished. Windows 10 helps prevent this from happening by allowing Windows to use your sign in info*to create a special token. This token is used to automatically sign in after a restart, finish setting up your PC, and then lock your PC to help keep your account and personal info safe.

hsehestedt, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after

1. Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after - Similar Threads - sign info automatically

2. Using sign in info to automatically finish setting up after an update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using sign in info to automatically finish setting up after an update?: That option is greyed out. Idk why that is. I’m on the canary version of windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-sign-in-info-to-automatically-finish-setting/818efca8-e252-4e62-800f-7e26500c591c
  3. Using sign in info to automatically finish setting up after an update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using sign in info to automatically finish setting up after an update?: That option is greyed out. Idk why that is. I’m on the canary version of windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-sign-in-info-to-automatically-finish-setting/818efca8-e252-4e62-800f-7e26500c591c
  4. Can't enable "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen...: Hello, In order to fix issues I have installing games from the PC Game Pass, I've read in multiple websites that I should turn on the setting called "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart".However, I...
  5. Can't enable "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen...: Hello, In order to fix issues I have installing games from the PC Game Pass, I've read in multiple websites that I should turn on the setting called "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart".However, I...
  6. Can't enable "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Let's finish setting up your device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Let's finish setting up your device: On one of my boot ups, before Windows 10 1909 loaded I got a Blue screen similar to the one shown on this site: https://www.ghacks.net/2019/08/09/how-to-disable-get-even-more-out-of-windows-on-windows-10/ But the box I got said: Let's finish setting up your device Is...
  8. finish setting up my device after restart but not re-open apps

in Windows 10 Support
    finish setting up my device after restart but not re-open apps: I noticed after Windows 10 restart when I'd left my apps open that they re-opened... which I don't want. (side-note: I usually close them first due to weird issues in Windows 7, but I noticed that I'm not having that issue in 10 now) I found the toggle for the setting in...
  9. Automatically finish setting up a PC after an update or restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically finish setting up a PC after an update or restart: Hello, My PC is running Windows 10 Home Version: 1709, OS Build 16299.125 Product ID: 00326-10000-00000-AA645 match to CD Key data CD Key: YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7 I would like to enable the facility to: Automatically finish setting up a PC after an update or...
  10. Use sign-in info to auto finish after Update or Restart in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use sign-in info to auto finish after Update or Restart in Windows 10: How to: Use sign-in info to auto finish after Update or Restart in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Use sign-in info to auto finish setting up device and restart apps after update or restart in Windows 10 When you update to a new Windows 10 build, you must sign in before it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update

2. use my sign in info to automatically sign