Windows 10: use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer

Discus and support use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This AM I went to log into my personal computer and was greeted with a "set a PIN" to logon. I did set a PIN only to find out now I can't log in with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ted K_xyz, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Ted K_xyz Win User

use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer

This AM I went to log into my personal computer and was greeted with a "set a PIN" to logon. I did set a PIN only to find out now I can't log in with my computer password. I need to use the PIN or my Microsoft password.Am I stuck using the PIN or can I get back to using my own password?

:)

Ted K_xyz, Nov 16, 2021

2. pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Nov 16, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Lost the ability to log into Windows 10 with PIN

Hi Przemyslaw,

Some system components may be missing or corrupted, causing the problem you are facing to occur. Before we can fully address this, please answer some things so we can understand this better:

• Did this start after updates were installed on the computer?
    • Does the same situation happen when you add a pin as your sign-in option in Windows Settings?

Since you have tried adding the option in Control Panel, let's see if there will be a difference when we do it in Windows Settings. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Add.

You can also try the suggestions posted by John Rubdy on this

page

Let us know if the steps above help you set up a PIN on your computer.

Regards.

Ruz San, Nov 16, 2021
  4. use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer

Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Nov 16, 2021
Thema:

use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer

1. use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer - Similar Threads - pin log personal

2. Using my Personal Computer for both personal and School use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my Personal Computer for both personal and School use: I have a windows 11 desktop logged in with my personal Microsoft account. In addition, school is about to start and I would like to use my PC for both personal and school use. If I press the connect button and link my school account what would my school IT control as it says...
  3. Using my Personal Computer for both personal and School use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using my Personal Computer for both personal and School use: I have a windows 11 desktop logged in with my personal Microsoft account. In addition, school is about to start and I would like to use my PC for both personal and school use. If I press the connect button and link my school account what would my school IT control as it says...
  4. Can no longer log in after wiping my work computer for personal use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer log in after wiping my work computer for personal use: I just had my work computer wiped for personal use. I cannot find a way to erase my old profile which no longer has a working password after the wipe. The "Other User" account will not log in with my Microsoft credentials. Therefore, I am unable to get into the computer at...
  5. Can no longer log in after wiping my work computer for personal use

Can no longer log in after wiping my work computer for personal use: I just had my work computer wiped for personal use. I cannot find a way to erase my old profile which no longer has a working password after the wipe. The "Other User" account will not log in with my Microsoft credentials. Therefore, I am unable to get into the computer at...
  6. use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer: This AM I went to log into my personal computer and was greeted with a "set a PIN" to logon. I did set a PIN only to find out now I can't log in with my computer password. I need to use the PIN or my Microsoft password.Am I stuck using the PIN or can I get back to using my...
  7. use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer

use of a pin to log on my to my personal computer: This AM I went to log into my personal computer and was greeted with a "set a PIN" to logon. I did set a PIN only to find out now I can't log in with my computer password. I need to use the PIN or my Microsoft password.Am I stuck using the PIN or can I get back to using my...
  8. Issues logging into my personal computer

Issues logging into my personal computer: I have a personal laptop and it did an update over night and is now asking me for a pin number to sign into my laptop. I do not know the pin. I selected "do not remember pin" and i could put in my password that i always use. Then it wanted to send me a verification code to my...
  9. Unable to log on to my laptop, using PIN.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to log on to my laptop, using PIN.: I am unable to log onto my laptop using PIN. Message “ Your PIN is no longer available due to change in security settings on this device”. How do I get the PIN field back ON? How do I check which security settings were changed? Also, it will not accept my password. I’m stuck....
  10. cannot use PIN option to sign into my computer, cannot use a personal account

cannot use PIN option to sign into my computer, cannot use a personal account: Hello! Recently, my PIN sign-in option hasn't been working. It all started when I configured my Microsoft account few weeks ago, which I didn't know what it meant. First, my school email stopped working on my Mail app, and I thought I just needed to reenter the password...