Windows 10: Use of dual displays configuration

Discus and support Use of dual displays configuration in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I just setup my Windows 10 Pro 64 bits for dual display use It works fine for Photoshop ( my main application) where I have image on one display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Serge007, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Serge007 Win User

Use of dual displays configuration

Hello
    I just setup my Windows 10 Pro 64 bits for dual display use
    It works fine for Photoshop ( my main application) where I have image on one display and panels on the other one
    But strange things appear
    - When i start Firefox , the image switches to the secondary display
    - whan I start Excel, I have no display on the secondary screen

I tried the different options ( expanded, display on both screens ...)

Does that mean that each application should be set to use the dual display configuration ?

Did I forget something ?

Thanks for your help

Annd, wherever you are, take car e of yourself ! Have a good day

:)

Serge007, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Serge007 Win User

Hello
    I just setup my Windows 10 Pro 64 bits for dual display use
    It works fine for Photoshop ( my main application) where I have image on one display and panels on the other one
    But strange things appear
    - When i start Firefox , the image switches to the secondary display
    - whan I start Excel, I have no display on the secondary screen

I tried the different options ( expanded, display on both screens ...)

Does that mean that each application should be set to use the dual display configuration ?

Did I forget something ?

Thanks for your help

Annd, wherever you are, take car e of yourself ! Have a good day

Serge007, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Andriy Win User

second display configuration issue

Hi All,

My configuration:

Windows 10 Pro x64
    AMD Radeon HD 7800

Latest updates and video drivers installed, no hardware changes for 2+ months, latest significant Windows update 2 weeks ago, latest AMD video driver installed at least a week ago.

I have 2 identical displays connected via DVI to Windows PC over several years already with "Extend displays" configuration, and suddenly this configuration stopped working a couple of days ago when I was in the middle of doing something. Windows just replaced it with "Duplicate displays" configuration.

During PC startup I see BIOS diagnostics on both displays. Windows detects 2 displays. "Show only on 1" and "Show only on 2" options work as expected.

Problem: "Extend these displays" results in display 1 going blank and display 2 shows it's part of the image.

AMD Eyefinity (which creates virtual desktop over several monitors) works fine - which suggests that problem maybe only with Windows configuration.

What is done:

• checked cables
    • removed and installed again latest AMD drivers
    • removed second display from the System Devices, refreshed hardware list and added display again - now I have "Generic PnP monitor" and monitor with correct name in Monitors section
    • searched for latest drivers for monitors and display adapters from Device Manager, nothing found

Next I replaced one monitor with monitor from different manufacturer, and everything works as expected - "Extend these displays" configuration shows extended image.

Any ideas what else can be done to fix the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Andriy, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Use of dual displays configuration - Similar Threads - dual displays configuration

2. Dual Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Display: I am unable to have my personal laptop display properly on 2 displays, 34 inch ultrawide and 25 Inch ultrasharp. They are connected to a dell powered docking station capable of dual display with display port. If I unplug the second display, the ultrawide works just fine. When...
  3. Dual Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Display: I am unable to have my personal laptop display properly on 2 displays, 34 inch ultrawide and 25 Inch ultrasharp. They are connected to a dell powered docking station capable of dual display with display port. If I unplug the second display, the ultrawide works just fine. When...
  4. Use of dual displays configuration

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Use of dual displays configuration: Hello I just setup my Windows 10 Pro 64 bits for dual display use It works fine for Photoshop ( my main application) where I have image on one display and panels on the other one But strange things appear - When i start Firefox , the image switches to the secondary display -...
  5. Dual Displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Displays: Hi... I'm setting up dual displays 1 regular ViewSonic computer monitor -VGA connection / 1 BenQ TV screen - HDMI connection. My trouble is getting the screen resolution sizes to work for both screens. The best I've got so far is the setting for "Duplicate These Displays" /...
  6. Dual displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual displays: My dual screens have suddenly stopped being separate and now the same images are on both screens. ow do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-displays/53908532-4825-4de0-8c59-cd151be887fe
  7. Display configuration issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display configuration issue: New HP Pavilion 595 DT PC connected for first time to older HP 2310m monitor displays images/screen shots that exceed the boundaries of the 23 inch monitor so that the full image of any screen shot of any open app is incomplete and program icons at bottom of screen are...
  8. Dual Monitor Taskbar configuration

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor Taskbar configuration: I have a dual monitor setup and I'm trying to not have to buy Display Fusion. Does anyone know if it's possible in stock windows 10 to remove the startmeny icon and clock from the secondary monitor taskbar whilst keeping the taskbar itself? i.e make it empty. I use it to...
  9. Configure Taskbars on Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Configure Taskbars on Dual Monitors: I tried searching for info on the forum, but I guess it doesn't like Pale Moon as I got no (0) results for several queries. At TAFE, several rooms have dual monitor PCs set up with W10 (b10240) installed. There is one decent monitor and one small monitor. Each monitor...
  10. dual boot configuration

in Windows 10 Support
    dual boot configuration: Hello, I have a dual boot configuration with windows 10: C: Win 10 D: Data E: Win 10 for aplication tests How to block disk access from one installation to another? C: can see D: but cannot see and access E: E: cannot see and access C: and D: Thanks 90108