Windows 10: Use of Multiple monitor

Discus and support Use of Multiple monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sir I have connected second monitor to my laptop through HDMI cable. Is it possible to use these two monitors for two different task. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gurcharan Singh Mata, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Use of Multiple monitor

Sir

I have connected second monitor to my laptop through HDMI cable. Is it possible to use these two monitors for two different task.

Thanks

:)

Gurcharan Singh Mata, Jun 29, 2020

2. Unable to access multiple tasks using drag option on dual monitors in Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click
      on the Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to remove the external monitor, re-add and check with the status.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of handling the tasks on dual monitors for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 29, 2020
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Use of Multiple monitor

Setting a PC w/ multiple user accts. to use certain monitors

Hi James,

We would like to know more about the issue, kindly clarify the following:

• Are you trying to set up this other user account on only one monitor but with a different set of mouse and keyboard?
    • Are going to be using the same CPU on these four monitors?
    If the above questions are true, the setup that you currently have is not possible. You would be needing to use a third party software and external additional hardware to separate the keyboard and the mouse.

You can read about KVM switch and setting up multiple users with

KVM switch

For a thorough assistance regarding your concern, we suggest that you also post this concern through our Technet Forums, visit this

link

For more information about multiple user setup, visit this

link

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

• They will be using the same mouse and keyboard on the same PC.
    • The only difference is when one user logs on it will use only 1 of the 4 monitors and when the other user logs on it will use 3 or all of the monitors what ever they choose

JamesSalisbury01, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Use of Multiple monitor

1. Use of Multiple monitor - Similar Threads - Multiple monitor

2. Why can't I use snipping tool / print screen screen capture on multiple monitors anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I use snipping tool / print screen screen capture on multiple monitors anymore?: When using snipping tool I can no longer drag it across multiple screens when I used to be able to. Is this a bug, feature, or is there a setting that has been changed preventing me from doing so....
  3. Why can't I use snipping tool / print screen screen capture on multiple monitors anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I use snipping tool / print screen screen capture on multiple monitors anymore?: When using snipping tool I can no longer drag it across multiple screens when I used to be able to. Is this a bug, feature, or is there a setting that has been changed preventing me from doing so....
  4. How do I get multiple monitors to work in the order assigned?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get multiple monitors to work in the order assigned?: PROBLEM: I want to set up multiple monitors with the laptop screen as monitor 1 and the external monitor as monitor 2. Never had a problem like this in Windows 7 or 10.All references to "screen x" refer to the numbers in the LARGE BLACK BOXES IN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE.I...
  5. How do I get multiple monitors to work in the order assigned?

How do I get multiple monitors to work in the order assigned?: PROBLEM: I want to set up multiple monitors with the laptop screen as monitor 1 and the external monitor as monitor 2. Never had a problem like this in Windows 7 or 10.All references to "screen x" refer to the numbers in the LARGE BLACK BOXES IN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE.I...
  6. How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays: I'm currently using a dual monitor setupOn my left monitor there are several productivity icons and my taskbarOn my right monitor is where I usually do my work, and thus there are only a few iconsI keep my PC and right monitor on all the time, as I receive work-related...
  7. How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays

How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays: I'm currently using a dual monitor setupOn my left monitor there are several productivity icons and my taskbarOn my right monitor is where I usually do my work, and thus there are only a few iconsI keep my PC and right monitor on all the time, as I receive work-related...
  8. Multiple monitors cancels Acrobat page extraction when dragging page across multiple...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors cancels Acrobat page extraction when dragging page across multiple...: when dragging pdf pages to extract from inside a PDF document from inside Acrobat to file explorer and it crosses between multiple monitors, it does not work. This use to work just fine. The work around is to move file explorer onto the same monitor as Acrobat to get the page...
  9. Multiple monitors cancels Acrobat page extraction when dragging page across multiple...

Multiple monitors cancels Acrobat page extraction when dragging page across multiple...: when dragging pdf pages to extract from inside a PDF document from inside Acrobat to file explorer and it crosses between multiple monitors, it does not work. This use to work just fine. The work around is to move file explorer onto the same monitor as Acrobat to get the page...
  10. fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors: I got a new monitor with a different resolution than my current ones, and dont want to make it my main display because of where it is on my table. But some of my apps are blurry. This can apparently be fixed with the "fix scaling for apps" setting, but it only works on the...