Windows 10: Use of Rapid when you have more than one Samsung drive

Discus and support Use of Rapid when you have more than one Samsung drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If you have more than one Samsung drive, where both drives are eligible for rapid (only one at a time, of course) try the following counterintuitive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Snakeyes, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Snakeyes Win User

Use of Rapid when you have more than one Samsung drive

If you have more than one Samsung drive, where both drives are eligible for rapid (only one at a time, of course) try the following counterintuitive move.
    If your second non-OS drive is used for data/games, you are better off enabling rapid on the non-OS drive for the following reasons.

The magician rapid service is enabled after boot and does nothing for boot speed.
    Most software requires minimal read/write volume (obviously with some exceptions).
    The highest read/write activity occurs with your data which is located on your data Samsung SSD.

Try it out.

:)

Snakeyes, Nov 13, 2015

2. Please help! Corrupted OS

The formatted capacity for that 250GB drive should be 233GB or it has 17GB over-head.

Before doing anything to the drive check with Samsung Support.

Some makers have weird cache systems which might be in play here. One that Samsung uses is Rapid Mode which uses up to 25% of your RAM up to 4GB for caching though they may have other schemes.

SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 13, 2015
  3. my computer seems to have more than one drive attached to my computer, not the recovery drive

Remember, OneDrive keeps it own Personal folders: Documents, Music, Pictures etc in addition to your local Personal folders. So, you might see two sets of the same personal folders in Documents. Just think of one being online and offline.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 13, 2015
Thema:

Use of Rapid when you have more than one Samsung drive

1. Use of Rapid when you have more than one Samsung drive - Similar Threads - Rapid more Samsung

2. Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive: I have two internal and two external drives. I wanted to switch one internal drive's operating system, but the computer only boots into a single drive. System configuration and Disk Management detect all the drives. Changing boot order from BIOS does nothing....
  3. Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive: I have two internal and two external drives. I wanted to switch one internal drive's operating system, but the computer only boots into a single drive. System configuration and Disk Management detect all the drives. Changing boot order from BIOS does nothing....
  4. Windows 11 Snipping Tool - errors when you have more than one monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Snipping Tool - errors when you have more than one monitor.: The Windows 11 snipping tool downgrade like much of the rest of Windows 11 has been rushed out and still doesn't work correctly. It worked fine on Windows 10, this again appears to be Microsoft's new approach of "It it works, lets break it!".If you have multiple monitors and...
  5. Windows 11 Snipping Tool - errors when you have more than one monitor.

Windows 11 Snipping Tool - errors when you have more than one monitor.: The Windows 11 snipping tool downgrade like much of the rest of Windows 11 has been rushed out and still doesn't work correctly. It worked fine on Windows 10, this again appears to be Microsoft's new approach of "It it works, lets break it!".If you have multiple monitors and...
  6. Email used with more than one account

Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  7. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  8. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. more than one MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    more than one MBR: My OS disk boots from start on in XP. Still need that OS as my UMAX 2200 scanner is only fully supported by XP drivers. Later on bought W7 ultimate and installed it as multiboot. EasyBCD does the trick. No problem. Runs both. Had to upgrade to W10. As W10 tells me how to run...
  10. Reactivating a reinstall of Windows 10 with a product key when you have more than one key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating a reinstall of Windows 10 with a product key when you have more than one key: I purchased two Windows 10 Pro product keys for my two laptops. One of them I need to do a wipe and reinstall. How can I tell what product key is being used for each laptop?...