Windows 10: use of VGA to DVI adapter

Discus and support use of VGA to DVI adapter in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, My graphics card (Radeon 9800XT) has both a VGA and a DVI connector. I have a VGA to DVI adapter that I could use to connect the VGA connector from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Shinnen, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Shinnen Win User

use of VGA to DVI adapter

Hi,
    My graphics card (Radeon 9800XT) has both a VGA and a DVI connector. I have a VGA to DVI adapter that I could use to connect the VGA connector from my monitor to the DVI port of the card. Is there any advantage to my doing that, as opposed to connecting the monitor to the VGA port on the graphics card?
    Thanks,
    ....... john

Shinnen, Dec 11, 2019

2. DVI to VGA Cord

I have tried to hook up a second monitor through the DVI with a DVI to VGA monitor but it won't recognize the monitor. Any suggestions?

DavidFoucault, Dec 11, 2019
  3. FordGT90Concept, Dec 11, 2019
  4. DaTechMan Win User

Question about VGA to DVI

Okay i have an old CRT monitor with only VGA. On my video card (x850Pro, yes old too) there is VGA and DVI, is there any advantage in using the VGA-to-DVI adapter that came with the video card or is it the same thing as going VGA-to-VGA? I assume there is an extra step that VGA-to-DVI adapter has to do to make the analog signal to digital, is that a disadvantage? Basically VGA-to-VGA or VGA-to-DVI.

Thank you.

DaTechMan, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

1. use of VGA to DVI adapter - Similar Threads - VGA DVI adapter

2. dvi hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dvi hdmi adapter: When I try to connect my 2nd monitor with a hdmi port to computer with a dvi adapter containing hdmi I lose video on my 1st monitor.How do I rectify? Thanks for any help.pm...
  3. dvi hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dvi hdmi adapter: When I try to connect my 2nd monitor with a hdmi port to computer with a dvi adapter containing hdmi I lose video on my 1st monitor.How do I rectify? Thanks for any help.pm...
  4. dvi hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DVI to HDMI adapter?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DVI to HDMI adapter?: My new desktop came today and my monitor has a 9 pin plug (I believe that it’s an hdmi port? the monitor is an HP, model LV2311) the desk top has hdmi or dvi ports only. Is it best to get a dvi to hdmi adapter and use a hdmi cable, or get a dvi cable and skip the adapter.?
  6. Win 10 wont boot with DVI-VGA adapter

Win 10 wont boot with DVI-VGA adapter: Hi, My pc is connected to my monitor via DVI-VGA adapter, I've had win 7 on my pc for 5 years, everything worked perfectly with it, today i got my pc from repair shop with win10 installed and when i connect it it shows win10 loading screen and than black. I tried connecting...
  7. Display interface question DVI, DpsilayPort, VGA

Display interface question DVI, DpsilayPort, VGA: OK, I've spent a lot of time on computers over the years but I never looked into display interfaces until I had to figure out how to connect a second display to a computer with only 1 VGA port and no room for a video card for a project my wife is involved in. I believe the...
  8. Display interface question DVI, DpsilayPort, VGA

in Windows 10 Support
    Display interface question DVI, DpsilayPort, VGA: OK, I've spent a lot of time on computers over the years but I never looked into display interfaces until I had to figure out how to connect a second display to a computer with only 1 VGA port and no room for a video card for a project my wife is involved in. I believe the...
  9. 2nd monitor using DVI-D to VGA won't detect on Windows 10

2nd monitor using DVI-D to VGA won't detect on Windows 10: I have windows 10 now and I wanted to use multiple monitors, I have both connected to my GeForce GTX 1080 Ti one through HDMI (This one works fine) and I have one running through a DVI-D to VGA adapter which connects to my other monitor and it doesn't work. I've tried...
  10. USB-to-VGA and USB-to-DVI adapters working not together

USB-to-VGA and USB-to-DVI adapters working not together: Hi! I'm using my PC with 3 desktops. 2 desktops are connected to nVidia GeForce 210 by DVI and HDMI. I had connected one desktop by USB-to-VGA adapter by Manhattan - this desktop had max.resolution 1600x1200. I changed display to 24" 1920x1200 display and adapter written...