Windows 10: Use office mobile without sharing content with Microsoft

Discus and support Use office mobile without sharing content with Microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! My employer has a strict privacy policy that forbids me uploading content to third-party services including cloud services. Until this summer, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jose9, Nov 19, 2020.

1. jose9 Win User

Use office mobile without sharing content with Microsoft

Hi!

My employer has a strict privacy policy that forbids me uploading content to third-party services including cloud services. Until this summer, I had office mobile installed in my high-end Android phone to quickly check some data without having to start the computer at job. But, due to my employer privacy polices, I disabled all cloud services and all sharng services from my Microsoft account.

Since then, I can't use my mobile excel to open any CSV, ODS or XLS file. Only some xlsx files work. It seems the remaining spreadsheet formats use an online conversion service, regardless of that not being specified in the "help" page linked to the error pop-up message that appears when I try to open a CSV file text files are sooo complicated they need online conversion to binary.

Is me the one that has that problem? I mean, with the current personal data psycho in europe, is me the one that is closing all sharing services from the office account?

I even have two Microsoft Office licenses, a personal one and a job one, but my employer has forbid me to use online services even in the Microsoft license he gives to me since it could incur into "international data transfer".

Has anyone in Microsoft worked out the implications of strict privacy polices into organizations?

Yours,

Jose Moya

Spain

:)

jose9, Nov 19, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Unveils the New Office

Today, Microsoft Corp. CEO Steve Ballmer unveiled the customer preview of the new Microsoft Office, available at office.com/preview. The next release features an intuitive design that works beautifully with touch, stylus, mouse or keyboard across new Windows devices, including tablets. The new Office is social and unlocks modern scenarios in reading, note-taking, meetings and communications and will be delivered to subscribers through a cloud service that is always up to date.

"We are taking bold steps at Microsoft," Ballmer said at the press conference in San Francisco. "The new, modern Office will deliver unparalleled productivity and flexibility for both consumers and business customers. It is a cloud service and will fully light-up when paired with Windows 8."

Use office mobile without sharing content with Microsoft 79a_thm.jpg

Office at Its Best on Windows 8
    • Touch everywhere. Office responds to touch as naturally as it does to keyboard and mouse. Swipe your finger across the screen or pinch and zoom to read your documents and presentations. Author new content and access features with the touch of a finger.
    • Inking. Use a stylus to create content, take notes and access features. Handwrite email responses and convert them automatically to text. Use your stylus as a laser pointer when presenting. Color your content and erase your mistakes with ease.
    • New Windows 8 applications. OneNote and Lync represent the first new Windows 8 style applications for Office. These applications are designed to deliver touch-first experiences on a tablet. A new radial menu in OneNote makes it easy to access features with your finger.
    • Included in Windows RT. Office Home and Student 2013 RT, which contains new versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote applications, will be included on ARM-based Windows 8 devices, including Microsoft Surface.
    Office Is in the Cloud
    • SkyDrive. Office saves documents to SkyDrive by default, so your content is always available across your tablet, PC and phone. Your documents are also available offline and sync when you reconnect.
    • Roaming. Once signed in to Office, your personalized settings, including your most recently used files, templates and even your custom dictionary, roam with you across virtually all of your devices. Office even remembers where you last left off and brings you right back to that spot in a single click.
    • Office on Demand. With a subscription, you can access Office even when you are away from your PC by streaming full-featured applications to an Internet-connected Windows-based PC.
    • New subscription services. The new Office is available as a cloud-based subscription service. As subscribers, consumers automatically get future upgrades in addition to exciting cloud services including Skype world minutes and extra SkyDrive storage.
    • Subscribers receive multiple installs for everyone in the family and across their devices.
    Office Is Social
    • Yammer. Yammer delivers a secure, private social network for businesses. You can sign up for free and begin using social networking instantly. Yammer offers integration with SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics.
    • Stay connected. Follow people, teams, documents and sites in SharePoint. View and embed pictures, videos and Office content in your activity feeds to stay current and update your colleagues.
    • People Card. Have an integrated view of your contacts everywhere in Office. The People Card includes presence information complete with pictures, status updates, contact information and activity feeds from Facebook and LinkedIn accounts.
    • Skype. The new Office comes with Skype. When you subscribe, you get 60 minutes of Skype world minutes every month. Integrate Skype contacts into Lync and call or instant message anyone on Skype.
    Office Unlocks New Scenarios
    • Digital note-taking. Keep your notes handy in the cloud and across multiple devices with OneNote. Use what feels most natural to you — take notes with touch, pen or keyboard, or use them together and switch easily back and forth.
    • Reading and markup. The Read Mode in Word provides a modern and easy-to-navigate reading experience that automatically adjusts for large and small screens. Zoom in and out of content, stream videos within documents, view revision marks and use touch to turn pages.
    • Meetings. PowerPoint features a new Presenter View that privately shows your current and upcoming slides, presentation time, and speaker notes in a single glance. While presenting, you can zoom, mark up and navigate your slides with touch and stylus. Lync includes multiparty HD video with presentations, shared OneNote notebooks and a virtual whiteboard for collaborative brainstorming.
    • Eighty-two-inch touch-enabled displays. Conduct more engaging meetings, presentations and lessons, whether in person or virtually, with these multitouch and stylus-enabled displays from Perceptive Pixel.
    While the full lineup of offerings and pricing plans will be announced in the fall, Ballmer discussed three new Office 365 subscription services. When available, each new subscription offer will include the new 2013 editions of the Office applications — Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access. In addition, subscribers will receive future rights to version upgrades as well as per-use rights across up to five PCs or Macs and mobile devices. The three new editions will be the following:
    • Office 365 Home Premium — designed for families and consumers. This service also includes an additional 20 GB of SkyDrive storage and 60 minutes of Skype world minutes per month.
    • Office 365 Small Business Premium — designed for small businesses. This service also includes business-grade email, shared calendars, website tools and HD webconferencing.
    • Office 365 ProPlus — designed for enterprise customers who want advanced business capabilities and the flexibility to deploy and manage in the cloud.
    The customer preview is available here.
    PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1i3nP)

btarunr, Nov 19, 2020
  3. //mAr Win User
    Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2 arrived

Today Microsoft released the puplic Beta 2 of Office 2007. It's available in English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish. After signing up on windows live, answer some questions, everyone can download the following products:
    • Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007 with Business Contact Manager
    • Microsoft® Office Project Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Project Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Multi Language Pack 2007 – French/German/Japanese/Spanish
    • Microsoft® Office OneNote® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Designer 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise(x64)
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007 (x64)
    You can get it here

//mAr, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Use office mobile without sharing content with Microsoft

Windows 10 upgrade, where is my Microsoft Office?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Type “Programs and Features” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Check if Microsoft Office application is listed in the list of installed applications.
    • If it is listed, then navigate to This PC>Local disc (CUse office mobile without sharing content with Microsoft :)>Windows.old.
    • Check if the Office application is present there.
    • If still not found, then suggest you to install the application using the installation media.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Use office mobile without sharing content with Microsoft

1. Use office mobile without sharing content with Microsoft - Similar Threads - office mobile without

2. Shared Drive and its contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Drive and its contents: Why are all the folders inside a Shared Drive not automatically shared? I assume it was so but when I checked several folder inside a shared Drive , some are shared others are not . Any reason for this ? Tks 178514
  3. Microsoft to release a new Office without subscription.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft to release a new Office without subscription.: For those like me who would rather buy a one-time license, and thought 2019 was the last year to do that, Microsoft is still releasing non-subscription Office Suites. Microsoft to release a new Office license for those who don't want a 365 subscription - MSPoweruser 165085
  4. PC reset without removing Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC reset without removing Microsoft Office: I would like to reset my pc as I have a lot of unnecessary things on the system. I currently have all Microsoft Office 2019 programs, e.g. Word, Powerpoint, Exel, etc . I bought new pc with pre-installed office when I reset it after reseting Microsoft Office was not removed....
  5. Microsoft Office 360 sharing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Office 360 sharing: I set up a new pc for my wife and downloaded Microsoft Office 360 Family to her new pc. It has my name as owner and administrator . Do I need to remove Microsoft Office 360 and invite her to join as a family member to fix this issue or is there another way to fix?...
  6. microsoft home to office use?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft home to office use?: I am trying to determine why my home account continues to connect to my office account/computer. I have tried to unlink them, only to discover that the link has been reestablished. When my employers "upgrades" the IT system then my information is integrated as well. This...
  7. Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection

Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection: Hello everyone, how i can use the function HOTSPOT on Windows 10 (1809), without internet? I wanna connect my smartphone to another use. It's possible? On windows 7, i can use this, simple, but in the windows 10 not work. - I tried use: v OK, But netsh wlan...
  8. Mobile hotspot sharing from

Mobile hotspot sharing from: How do i set this up in laptop. Under the sharing from box it dont have choice of cellular network even though the cell phone is in available Wi-Fi networks just wont connect 135229
  9. Microsoft Family shared content restriction

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family shared content restriction: I've tried to search for this subject, but was unable to find any meaningful information. I have four children setup and for the web browsing content restriction, we have it setup that they are only allowed access to websites listed in the "Only Allowed" list (whitelist)....
  10. Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection

Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection: I am developing an offline solution and would like to use the Mobile Hotspot Wi-Fi in areas without internet service. It seems that the Mobile hotspot cannot be turned on when I'm offline. Is there any workaround for this? Please advise. Many thanks! Noah...