Windows 10: Use old Windows 10 installer or create new with Media Creation Tool

Discus and support Use old Windows 10 installer or create new with Media Creation Tool in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have Box license for Windows 10. Is it better to use USB drive that comes with BOX license or create a new one with Media Creation Tool and why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gNp123, Oct 8, 2020.

1. /u/gNp123 Win User

Use old Windows 10 installer or create new with Media Creation Tool

I have Box license for Windows 10. Is it better to use USB drive that comes with BOX license or create a new one with Media Creation Tool and why?

Windows 10 pendrive from Box is read only so for sure it's safer. No risk of files corruption or infected by malware installer. By infected by malware installer I mean if system which is being used to created new installer media, is infected by malware, then windows 10 installer might get infected too.

submitted by /u/gNp123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gNp123, Oct 8, 2020

2. How to create an UNACTIVATED Windows 10 installation USB flash drive using the new Media Creation Tool v1803??

I want to note also that the Media Creation Tool didn't give me the option to select the Edition of Windows 10 at the step you can choose the Language, Edition and Architecture. The only thing that was in the list was only the "Windows 10" option, not other
    editions...

So, is this a BUG of Media Creation Tool or I have misunderstood something? Is this reasonable?

Also is it reasonable when you install Windows (by USB Flsah drive created with Media Creation Tool) to be activated on its own after installation finishes??

MinimalTechGR, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Use old Windows 10 installer or create new with Media Creation Tool

Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to create a Windows 10 USB bootable media for your new computer and we appreciate you for providing us the information and the screenshot. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly,
    please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the free space on the USB?
    • Are you trying to perform a clean installation or an upgrade on the new computer?

However, we would suggest you to refer the steps point by point as mentioned under
    “Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC”,
    in this website:
    Download Windows 10
    and check if you are able to create the bootable media.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Use old Windows 10 installer or create new with Media Creation Tool

1. Use old Windows 10 installer or create new with Media Creation Tool - Similar Threads - old installer create

2. Use old Windows 10 installer or create new with Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use old Windows 10 installer or create new with Media Creation Tool: I have Box license for Windows 10. Is it better to use USB drive that comes with BOX license or create a new one with Media Creation Tool and why? Windows 10 pendrive from Box is read only so for sure it's safer. No risk of files corruption or infected by malware installer....
  3. Install Windows10 using Media Creation Tools

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows10 using Media Creation Tools: Hi! My hard disk is damaged so i need to replace it. I need to reinstall Windows10 for my laptop. I have downloaded Windows10 Media Creation Tools and make installer in my flash disk. Can anyone tell me the instruction for install windows10 using media creation tools? I...
  4. Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool

Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool: I have troubles downloading windows 10 using media creation tool. I used a USB to get a copy of windows 10 for my new computer but the Windows 10 setup uses the wrong disk space. I used a Removable Disk (F:) but instead it tries to connect to the other disk space. What should...
  5. creating windows 10 media creation tool

creating windows 10 media creation tool: Hello I want to create a windows 10 media creation tool on to a USB flash drive. When I got my PC windows 10 was digitally installed and verified. However, I did get the windows 10 home installation DVD with my new PC but the new PC has no CD/DVD drive installed. I pretty...
  6. Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media

Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media: I need to recover my Desktop and downloaded the MediaCreationTool1809,exe from the MS Support pages. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 I run the tool with a freshly formatted 16GB USB drive and receive the following error: "There was a problem...
  7. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool uses Old Build

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool uses Old Build: I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 a couple of years ago when I was running Windows 8 Pro. I've recently replaced motherboard, CPU and RAM which needs a new licence hence purchased a key for Windows 10 Home (cheaper than Pro which I don't need). I've found...
  8. Creating a recovery partition using windows media creation tool

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creating a recovery partition using windows media creation tool: Hi all, I have just received a new laptop, but it didn't come with a recovery partition so I am trying to create one myself. The OS it's running is Windows 10 Home 64bit. I have downloaded the Media Creation Tool in order to download the ISO files for the partition...
  9. Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool

Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool: Hello The tech I have been working with told me to download the WMC tool to help straighten out my W10 system. He said I will need a 6 gig flash drive. I downloaded the tool to another computer and it is only a 17 MBT .exe file? Why do I need a 6 gig flash drive for this...
  10. Media Creation Tool install on a new ssd.

Media Creation Tool install on a new ssd.: In July I downloaded the Media Creation tool and created an USB version of the 29th release. I then used it to upgrade 2 pcs successfully. Now, I think I want to do a 'clean install' on a new ssd on another machine. Can I to I clean install with that USB? Seems to me I would...