Windows 10: Use OneDrive for backup

Discus and support Use OneDrive for backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Good morning all, Can OneDrive (I have the 1TB upgrade) be used for backup of files and the OS ? Is there a tutorial somewhere ? My system consists... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by GeneralLee01, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Use OneDrive for backup

Good morning all,

Can OneDrive (I have the 1TB upgrade) be used for backup of files and the OS ?

Is there a tutorial somewhere ?

My system consists of: Surface Go, 4GBram, 64GBstorage, Win10 S mode, Edge, Office 365, No physical keyboard, No mouse.

Thanks

Lee

:)

GeneralLee01, Apr 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 14, 2019
  3. kernrsn Win User
    W10 Mobile Lumia 830 Backup Not Being Saved to OneDrive

Thanks Chari San,

I understand I can not see what is contained in the backup stored on OneDrive, but I should see them listed. In my case there is not one being stored at all even though the phone reports it has backed up. See screenshots from OneDrive from my phone logged
    into the same account the phone is and the backup settings page above. Without the backup on OneDrive my restored phone will lose at least call history, start screen setup and installed app list from what I have found.

Step #2 is not displayed on the new phone. (How can it restore a backup that is not on OneDrive at all). It skips over that step and I get a default install on the new phone without my call history, start page or app history. I'm not sure what else I
    might be missing but for sure at least those 3 items do not come across.

How do I resolve this issue? Suggestions?

kernrsn, Apr 14, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

Use OneDrive for backup

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Use OneDrive for backup

1. Use OneDrive for backup - Similar Threads - OneDrive backup

2. Backup a folder on D drive to OneDrive, every week?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Backup a folder on D drive to OneDrive, every week?: Hello, I have a folder on my D Drive. And also have my OneDrive folder on my D drive. How can I backup this folder on my D drive to my Outlook every week? Like if I make changes to the files in that folder, those files should get uploaded to OneDrive each week. 134434
  3. Onedrive Windows 10 Two blue arrows in a circle, have disabled Norton 360 Backup and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Windows 10 Two blue arrows in a circle, have disabled Norton 360 Backup and...: Have completed all above but has not resolved problem. Individual files within folder all look good and shows synced. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-windows-10-two-blue-arrows-in-a-circle/8ec61d01-bd91-4abd-9e14-bdf1eb5d2ad7"
  4. OneDrive - backup *separate* desktops?

OneDrive - backup *separate* desktops?: OneDrive has added a great feature - backing up my desktop items to the cloud. Only problem - I use two different copies of Windows - one at work and one at home. I *want* to keep separate copies of each desktop, but OD wants to mash 'em together in the cloud! Any...
  5. Is there a way to backup Windows 10 settings to OneDrive and restore later?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to backup Windows 10 settings to OneDrive and restore later?: I have a Win10 computer with only store apps installed. Is there a way to backup the information about which apps are installed and app settings to OneDrive? So that these apps can be reinstalled automatically when I change the hard drive or replace the computer, after I...
  6. OneDrive backup

OneDrive backup: First - I'm a total novice. My computer's hard drive fried - literally. It is non-recoverable Lost everything. My question is - is the OneDrive backup located on that hard drive, or is it somewhere in the cloud? If the latter, is there a way to access it. Say "YES"!...
  7. backup on OneDrive

backup on OneDrive: how I can make a backup on OneDrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-on-onedrive/d9049796-8951-46f5-88b8-79c3b318c992
  8. Backup and OneDrive

Backup and OneDrive: Is there a way to Backup (i.e. use File History) Directly to OneDrive rather than copying the File History folder to the OneDrive section of my PC? thans. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-onedrive/e4bb32b8-7572-4c20-a050-b16abea2d075"
  9. How do I schedule a weekly backup to Microsoft OneDrive???

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I schedule a weekly backup to Microsoft OneDrive???: How do I schedule a weekly backup to Microsoft OneDrive??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-schedule-a-weekly-backup-to-microsoft/6a53ed34-e002-4dca-a611-473748037f61
  10. Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive

Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive: Windows Backup seems to be working but it simply skips all files that are in a folder that synchronizes with OneDrive. All other files are backed up normally. I have reproduced this problem in three different laptops (all Windows 10 and latest Windows version). This problem...